Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Bob
    started a topic Nominations for the 2011 Election

Nominations for the 2011 Election

Nominations for the upcoming 2011 Election were opened last night at the SDGA Open Member Meeting held at Stadium Pizza.

There are three board positions up for election in 2011. These positions are; Treasurer, Membership Whip and Public Relations.

Here are the nominations that where made last night.

• Treasurer - Gordy Crafts and Jeremy Thornton
    • Membership Whip - Bob Perrewe
    • Public Relations - Justin Shrack

Nominations will be open until Noon on Dec. 31, 2010. Here are the procedures we will use to identify nominated candidates.

1. A current club member may nominate himself by posting on this thread his intention to run for any of the open Board positions.
    2. A current club member may nominate another current club member by posting on this thread his nomination to any of the open Board positions. The nominated candidate must then accept the nomination on this thread for that Board position.

All candidates nominated on or before Monday Dec. 13, 2010 are invited to come to the SDGA Open Member Meeting on Tuesday Dec. 14, 2010 and address the Membership present at that meeting. The location of the Dec. 14, 2010 meeting will be posted on this thread ASAP.

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Hi

Leave a comment:

• special K
    replied
    not your job

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Nominations are now closed.

Happy New Year to All!

May God bless 2011!

The race is on...

Treasurer: Gordy Crafts:: vs Jeremy Thornton

Public Relations: Bob Perrewe:: vs Justin Schrak

Membership Whip: Kevin Sakus - unopposed

I see you still think your the PR let bob do his job

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
    I would like to thank Bob for working through a lot of details, logistics and timing issues to provide us with the streamlined election process the SDGA employs. His efforts to keep everyone informed and updated on the various candidates participation in this process has made it possible for any interested individual to see plainly as early as this morning the exact status of all the candidates as this season for nominations closes. Thanks, Bob, for tackling these prickly responsibilities and for giving us the peace of mind we look to our officials to provide. Well Done, Gordy.
    What day is that election?

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by Disc Golf Diva View Post
    Jeff, I find your choice of emoticons very offensive an rather Nazi-like. Letting the masses know how you feel. You as the steward should be neutral in this election even if your buddy Jeremy is running for office. By the way you were not elected God of disc golf only steward. I know you prefer president but you are not behaving as one. You continually stir the pot and cause drama, must be a guy thing....Do you realize that you were not in charge of the elections and you have overstepped your office but once again? Perhaps you should do disc golf a favor and RESIGN your office. Maybe then the club could get back to the business of promoting disc golf and providing wonderful places to play and a new sport that all can enjoy...Why don't you just crawl back from whatever ugly place you came from just my opinion.......
    Well said by somebody who praises God on their signature..
    I undertand why you don't use your real name. I would hide too if I sounded this pleasant.
    Hopefully my emoticons weren't to NAZI like

Leave a comment:

• jshrack
    replied
    Originally posted by coryreu View Post
    Dunno. Don't care. Just wish that her pic showed a little more bootay. lol.
    My better half advised me not to be offensive to the diva. So I just wanted to say that wasn't intended. Just my perverted sense of humor can't help itself sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• coryreu
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    You guys are overreacting. Lighten up and enjoy the new year.
    By the way, who is the supposed Disc Golf Diva?

Sky Pilot
    Dunno. Don't care. Just wish that her pic showed a little more bootay. lol.
    My better half advised me not to be offensive to the diva. So I just wanted to say that wasn't intended. Just my perverted sense of humor can't help itself sometimes.
    Last edited by coryreu; January 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM. Reason: Lack of better words.

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Thanks Gordy

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
    I would like to thank Bob for working through a lot of details, logistics and timing issues to provide us with the streamlined election process the SDGA employs. His efforts to keep everyone informed and updated on the various candidates participation in this process has made it possible for any interested individual to see plainly as early as this morning the exact status of all the candidates as this season for nominations closes. Thanks, Bob, for tackling these prickly responsibilities and for giving us the peace of mind we look to our officials to provide. Well Done, Gordy.
    Gordy, I'm afraid that you may have me mixed up with Jeff Crum. Jeff was the person who made the early morning post about the upcoming elections. As the head of the Election team it was my responsibility to inform our members of the outcome of the nomination process. It seems as though Jeff would like to take on the responsibilities of running the upcoming election or maybe he just wants to be the MOUTHPIECE for all of those who do the actual work that needs to be done to make this organization work. This is not the first time Jeff has overstepped his authority concerning announcements to the SDGA membership.

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Nominations for office are closed.

The nominations process for the three positions open for election this year was officially closed at midnight on 12/31/10.

The three positions up for election are Treasurer, Public Relations and Membership Whip.

• Kevin Sakus will be running unopposed for the Membership position.
    • Bob Perrewe and Justin Shrack are running for the Public Relations position.
    • Gordy Crafts and Jeremy Thornton are running for the Treasurer position.

Those who have signed up or renewed prior to 01/01/11 will be receiving their ballots by mail.

If there are any questions regarding the mail in ballot I will answer those questions on this thread of the Forum.

Happy New Year to all you disc golfers.

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Thornton Accepts

It has been noted that Jeremy Thornton has accepted the nomination for Treasurer.

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    The Elections Official

Leave a comment:

• jshrack
    replied
    Diva:
    Without condemning out condoning your statement, I understand your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Happy New Year!

You guys are overreacting. Lighten up and enjoy the new year.
    By the way, who is the supposed Disc Golf Diva?

Sky Pilot

Leave a comment:

• Disc Golf Diva
    replied
    Race is on

Jeff, I find your choice of emoticons very offensive an rather Nazi-like. Letting the masses know how you feel. You as the steward should be neutral in this election even if your buddy Jeremy is running for office. By the way you were not elected God of disc golf only steward. I know you prefer president but you are not behaving as one. You continually stir the pot and cause drama, must be a guy thing....Do you realize that you were not in charge of the elections and you have overstepped your office but once again? Perhaps you should do disc golf a favor and RESIGN your office. Maybe then the club could get back to the business of promoting disc golf and providing wonderful places to play and a new sport that all can enjoy...Why don't you just crawl back from whatever ugly place you came from just my opinion.......

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Nominations are now closed.

Happy New Year to All!

May God bless 2011!

The race is on...

Treasurer: Gordy Crafts:: vs Jeremy Thornton

Public Relations: Bob Perrewe:: vs Justin Schrak

Membership Whip: Kevin Sakus - unopposed

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module