X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    Kevin doesn't want to serve another term. Citing his mental health and the need for a break.. I spoke with him today and he was afraid that he might be "talked" into it.
    I also spoke to jshrack today and he said that he would like to do the job of Membership Whip if I nominated him which is what I am doing right now.
    I have noted that Justin Schrack has declined his nomination for Public Relations.

I have noted that Jeremy Thornton has nominated Justin Schrack for the Membership Whip.

Nominations will be open until Noon on Dec. 31, 2010. Here are the procedures we will use to identify nominated candidates.

1. A current club member may nominate himself by posting on this thread his intention to run for any of the open Board positions.
    2. A current club member may nominate another current club member by posting on this thread his nomination to any of the open Board positions. The nominated candidate must then accept the nomination on this thread for that Board position.
    Justin will need to accept the nomination for Membership Whip.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I'd like to see Kevin Sakus return to the Membership Whip position. He's done a fine job so far. He's often found at one course or another, and ready to approach new players about joining the club. He's added over 90 new members, which is huge. He's not only willing, but enthusiastic as well, about his position and takes it seriously. I feel he's been a great asset to the club in many ways, and I'd like to nominate him for another term as Membership Whip.
      Stimpi
      Originally posted by special K View Post
      I went to the work party yesterday it was nice to see Jon taking control and to see the course being maintained. I don't have to do work party's and be the membership whip. i will be able to focus more now on just getting people to know about are club and having people sign up. i have decided to run again in 2011 for membership whip. I am accepting my nomination from Stimpi. I want to follow through with peoples park as well.

I have noted that Steve Simmons has nominated Kevin Sakus for Membership Whip and that Kevin has accepted the nomination.

Comment

Membership Whip

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
        I have noted that Steve Simmons has nominated Kevin Sakus for Membership Whip and that Kevin has accepted the nomination.
        I'd also like to acknowledge Jeremy's nomination of me, for the Whip position, which I respectfully decline.
        I think Kevin's done a fine job, and I'd like to see him continue.
        VOTE FOR KEVIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
          Kevin doesn't want to serve another term. Citing his mental health and the need for a break.. I spoke with him today and he was afraid that he might be "talked" into it.
          I also spoke to jshrack today and he said that he would like to do the job of Membership Whip if I nominated him which is what I am doing right now.
          Not to confuse this but I think schrack would also be a good choice.
          One thing is for sure If all three work together The club will be once again well on it's way.
          rewindb.com

Comment

I didn't nominate you for the Whip position. I nominated you for your public relations abilities. So you still have yet to accept or decline my nomination. You have years of public speaking experience and a decade of disc golf under your belt.
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
              I'd also like to acknowledge Jeremy's nomination of me, for the Whip position, which I respectfully decline.
              I think Kevin's done a fine job, and I'd like to see him continue.
              VOTE FOR KEVIN!
              It has been noted that Steve Simmons was nominated for Public Relations by Jeremy Thornton.

It has been noted the Steve Simmons has declined the nomination for Public Relations.

Comment

declinement

I guess you're right. I was nominated for Public Relations. For that one, I'd rather see Bob Perrewe. He's been performing well in that function, and has always performed well in service to the club.
                I respectfully decline nomination for Public Relations and throw my support to Bob.

Comment

Since Bob is the only person running for office at this point I guess all your support has flown in Bob's general direction.
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Accept

I accept the nomination for SDGA Treasurer that was made for me at the Stadium Nomination meeting Nov. 2, 2010.

Comment

I nominate Tim Barber for Public Relations
                      Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                        I nominate Tim Barber for Public Relations
                        Thanks Jeff. I wish I could help you but I don't even have time to play the actual game of disc golf anymore, much less the political game. Nor do I have the stomach for it.

I'm sorry, but I must regretfully decline the nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Timber View Post
                          Thanks Jeff. I wish I could help you but I don't even have time to play the actual game of disc golf anymore, much less the political game. Nor do I have the stomach for it.

I'm sorry, but I must regretfully decline the nomination.
                          That's too bad I heard you would have done a good job. IMNSHO the club could not loose if the choice were between the two (Bob) and you.

You do bring up an interesting assessment of club politics

Board members are the ones who make a club go. The Board meeting process is politics at it's most rudimentary level. The analogy of the two things you don't want to see being made are Legislation and Sausage is "right down the middle and long"

The board meeting's where it gets down and dirty because lets face it every idea that comes around is not necessarily a bad idea usually it's a just matter of timing. Generally speaking (but pretty accurately) The Avg person once they have decided the personal worth of an experience cannot understand why it's takes others so long to have the same realization. Add the final controller sign off of" when you can actually start", their are bound to be issues that will make it seem like they are moving "too slowly".
                          rewindb.com

Comment

I would like to re-nominate Justin Shrack for the position of Public Relations in the hope that he will reconsider running for the position.

Comment

I think he and the club would be better served if he started out as membership whip.

After all isn't the whip public relations at it's grass roots? Besides, what a great way to learn and help develop the PR chain for the club.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

I think he would do better as the public relations guy and I've only been apart of this club and for the last 10 years. Also I have the say that the President is pretty much doing the job of the Public Relations there is hardly a need for one. I've heard Bob himself say such..
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X