X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nominations for the 2011 Election

Nominations for the upcoming 2011 Election were opened last night at the SDGA Open Member Meeting held at Stadium Pizza.

There are three board positions up for election in 2011. These positions are; Treasurer, Membership Whip and Public Relations.

Here are the nominations that where made last night.

• Treasurer - Gordy Crafts and Jeremy Thornton
    • Membership Whip - Bob Perrewe
    • Public Relations - Justin Shrack

Nominations will be open until Noon on Dec. 31, 2010. Here are the procedures we will use to identify nominated candidates.

1. A current club member may nominate himself by posting on this thread his intention to run for any of the open Board positions.
    2. A current club member may nominate another current club member by posting on this thread his nomination to any of the open Board positions. The nominated candidate must then accept the nomination on this thread for that Board position.

All candidates nominated on or before Monday Dec. 13, 2010 are invited to come to the SDGA Open Member Meeting on Tuesday Dec. 14, 2010 and address the Membership present at that meeting. The location of the Dec. 14, 2010 meeting will be posted on this thread ASAP.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

When is the election, and how do I vote?

Comment

The elections will be held in January. A date and place have not been selected yet. Show up and you can vote. More later.

Comment

I sure like voting the Washington State way, by absentee ballot.
        What are the chances of a resourceful guy like you, Bob, coming up with a "mail-in" or "email-in" ballot system?
        That way, everyone in the club, who is a current member, of course, could vote.
        :-)

Comment

You have to register to vote. It's pretty much the way our democracy system works. Every American has the right to vote but if you don't register than you don't vote. If you do not take the extra effort to be involved than you do not vote. If you do such than you may vote by absentee. I am guessing Bob being the secretary and in charge of this process could help you out. But I have to warn you Stimp, You will miss some pretty swell speeches
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I think of the $20 i'm paying into the club as my registration. =)

I would like to point out that our Washington elections are still not official though.
            Mail in ballots really make more work and extend the process...
            I would vote that Bob (public relations officer) gets to choose what he feels is best. I think this is what the charter says anyway.
            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Mail-in ballots add a lot of complications that WA state can handle easily but a club this small cannot.

There are transparency issues, getting ballots to the proper people, maintaining anonymity, time issues, ensuring one vote per person, etc.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I am writing this to officially decline my nomination for Membership Secretary.

I have thought about the job (which I have done in the past) and decided that I'm not at our local courses enough to do this job effectively.

I would also like to announce that I will run for the Public Relations position.

Comment

I would also like to decline my nomination for P.R.
                  I don't feel like the person to sell the clubs image as I currently see it.
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I find it interesting that Bob would nominate jshrack to run for public relations. Then he nominates himself for public relations. You are confusing the public Bob..
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Membership Whip

I'd like to see Kevin Sakus return to the Membership Whip position. He's done a fine job so far. He's often found at one course or another, and ready to approach new players about joining the club. He's added over 90 new members, which is huge. He's not only willing, but enthusiastic as well, about his position and takes it seriously. I feel he's been a great asset to the club in many ways, and I'd like to nominate him for another term as Membership Whip.
                      Stimpi

Now, if I understand it correctly, someone has to tell him this is here, and he needs to respond, here, in this forum, and if all that happens, this process for nominations will work.
                      On your mark...

Comment

Kevin doesn't want to serve another term. Citing his mental health and the need for a break.. I spoke with him today and he was afraid that he might be "talked" into it.
                        I also spoke to jshrack today and he said that he would like to do the job of Membership Whip if I nominated him which is what I am doing right now.
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Speaking of getting involved again Stimp you have always carried yourself well in the public eye so I would like to nominate you for Public Relations.
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Yeah, I thought Kevin was an awesome Membership Whip. Its a shame if he doesn't run again, but even if he doesn't I hope he realizes what a positive influence he's been on the club in that position.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Membership Whip 2011

I went to the work party yesterday it was nice to see Jon taking control and to see the course being maintained. I don't have to do work party's and be the membership whip. i will be able to focus more now on just getting people to know about are club and having people sign up. i have decided to run again in 2011 for membership whip. I am accepting my nomination from Stimpi. I want to follow through with peoples park as well.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X