X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Process Update

There was a (not so quick) presentation of ideas for the grant tonight.
    It seemed to me that everyone agreed that stairs/access is the major issue.

Highbridge Issues:
    Hole 2 (stairs/erosion)
    Hole 6 (stairs down from road)
    Hole 7 (stairs up to road)
    Hole 9 (stairs/erosion)
    Hole 15 (stairs/erosion)
    Hole 18 (stairs/erosion)
    more?

I figure this project, at Highbrige alone, would fulfill a year worth of workparties.
    This would also make a major impact on our course.
    Any thoughts?
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

We also mentioned more community involvement activities.
    Trying to get classes for the public to join, things like that.
    We could easily ask for garbage cans and liners, lots of other things as well.

I don't think we need to limit our request but focus on our priorities and timeline.

Comment

My goal is to have a rough draft to present to the newly elected board on Tuesday. I will likely not have numbers ($) included for the rough draft as this depends upon some discussion with Jon, I will do my best to include this if at all possible. Hopefully the board can review/discuss in quick order and we can revise before a membership presentation. Any final alterations can be made and we can rush to get signatures before turning it in. Due date is February 25th, so we are cutting it close as is.

Any input, especially in written form, will be greatly appreciated.
      Especially if anyone knows a good resource for local timber/railroad ties.
      Or if anyone knows of business who would like to donate any funds/ supplies, that would just increase our chances for approval.

Comment

Grant

Justin,

Thanks for taking on the writing of the grant. Please call me and so that I
        see what you have. I want to do this before the meeting on the 1st of February.

Thanks,

Sky Pilot
        Rely on Me

Comment

Hey Justin, when you send Jeff your Grant information would you mind sending that to the remaining members of the board too?

Thanks
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I guess I thought I was presenting it to the board for review and input this tuesday?
            Isn't that the reason we planned the extra meeting?
            Do you all want to review it before this time?
            Would have been nice to hear this interest last meeting.

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
              I guess I thought I was presenting it to the board for review and input this tuesday?
              Isn't that the reason we planned the extra meeting?
              Do you all want to review it before this time?
              Would have been nice to hear this interest last meeting.
              justin .. you are presenting it to the board on feb 1 THAT is what was agreed on at the last meeting ..

jeff and bob .. you will see the grant papers the same time as the rest of us at the meeting on FEB 1 LIKE IT WAS VOTED ON AT THE LAST MEETING .

jeff if this does not sit well with you then i do not know what to tell you BUT THE MEMBERS voted to have THE BOARD look over the paper not just certin members of the board .. you asking justin to look at it BEFORE he brings it to the board makes me think YOU want to change it to fit YOUR needs not the clubs..

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                There was a (not so quick) presentation of ideas for the grant tonight.
                It seemed to me that everyone agreed that stairs/access is the major issue.

Highbridge Issues:
                Hole 2 (stairs/erosion)
                Hole 6 (stairs down from road)
                Hole 7 (stairs up to road)
                Hole 9 (stairs/erosion)
                Hole 15 (stairs/erosion)
                Hole 18 (stairs/erosion)
                more?

I figure this project, at Highbrige alone, would fulfill a year worth of workparties.
                This would also make a major impact on our course.
                Any thoughts?

justin .. i like the fact that you are working on the grant for the SDGA but it seems that you have all your energy on HB . BUT we do have 3 three courses that need repair/new work . or are you just doing HB for a test run and see how the grant goes ? just wondering ?

Comment

Hey Joe, The grant must be confined to one park. That's just the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                    Hey Joe, The grant must be confined to one park. That's just the way it goes.
                    oh ok .

Comment

Oversight

Hello all,

In November of 2009 this process started when Tony Nercissian - the Executive Director of the Park Foundation approached me after I'd spoken at the Park Board Meeting. She said as she handed me her card, "You should apply for a grant, I think you'd get it." Ever since that meeting I've developed a relationship with her and she has spoken about the club to her Board on several occasions. I have initiated this process, developed the relationship and have been the proponent of the possibility since well before I was the Community Liaison, Steward or President of the Club.
                      So, my interest is nothing new and I want to know as much about what Justin is writing as any member of the Board. In fact, I'm on the Committee for the grant. Presidential oversight isn't anything new. It, in fact is a protection for Justin and anyone else that's involved in the process. I'm about seeing our courses become functional, safer and more accessible to the public.
                      It would have been possible for us to write more than one grant, but for now one is a good start, and I'm happy that Justin volunteered to put it together. It's not 'out of order' for the President of an organization to ask questions or desire to be more informed about the progress. In fact it's expected.

Blessings,

Sky Pilot
                      Rely on Me

Comment

Not done writing.
                        Still looking at prices and trying to figure numbers.
                        You'll see it as soon as I finish up.

Comment

I tried to contact Taylor Bressler yesterday.
                          I ended up just leaving a message and will stop by his office today.
                          If you want emails up my updated grant please message me.
                          I will try to send them out this evening, hoping I get the chance to talk to Bressler.

Comment

The Project Grant was submitted today.
                            I really think we have a good chance of receiving part, if not all, of the grant money we asked for.
                            We will wait and see what happens, we were one of many groups asking for project grants this year.

Assuming the best, if our grant is fully approved:

1. We will need Board approval for the $1000 matching funds.

2. We will also need Board approval to use the Spokane Parks Foundation as our fiscal agent. The SPF has agreed to represent our club as fiscal agent; keep in mind, this includes a 5% annual fee on the funds we accept through their charitable foundation.

3. Taylor Bressler has asked for project specs, to be approved, before we start any physical work on-site. (Jon V. has already agreed to help with this portion.)

Comment

Matching Funds

[QUOTE=jshrack;90956]The Project Grant was submitted today.
                              I really think we have a good chance of receiving part, if not all, of the grant money we asked for.
                              We will wait and see what happens, we were one of many groups asking for project grants this year.

Assuming the best, if our grant is fully approved:

1. We will need Board approval for the $1000 matching funds.

Justin, I spoke in favor of committing to the matching funds at the last Board meeting and I plan to vote in favor when the Club meets on Tuesday.Gordy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X