X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Application Process

We have agreed to set up a committee to assimilate our ideas.
    People who asked to be part of that process:
    Sean Johnson
    Jeff Crum
    Jeremy Thornton
    Justin Shrack
    Devin ?
    others????

Jeff would like everyone who wants to be part of this process to meet sometime before the club meeting on the 2nd. This way we can decide how to present our options to the club and allow a focused discussion. We may even be able to get some concrete decisions if our ideas are specific enough to allow a vote.

Please get your contact info to us if you want to be involved. (even if your name is on the list)
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

I have these things on the list of forum input from the other post:

alternate tees and pins (incorporate some am/pro concepts,2nd tee for 12,SAFETY,access)
    Stairs in many places
    a garbage can every other hole
    RESTROOMS... or at least a sanitary honey bucket.
    Benches and Tables along with practice baskets
    Alternate pin indicators on tee sign
    hire an arborist for a few places?
    work on erosion issues
    frame new tee boxes?
    plant new trees?

Comment

All new baskets and thicker rubber teepads for both courses.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

To Grant Committee Members:

Grant Committee Members,

Grant Committee Meeting: This Thursday, October 28th - 7PM at my home - 2514 E. Pacific Ave.
        Come prepared to discuss your ideas and inspirations for spending grant money. This meeting is for committee members only.

Update on the Grant issues…
        I spoke with Tony Nersessian - the Executive Director of the Spokane Parks Foundation today.
        I asked her if we needed to write more than one grant. She indicated that we would need to write a grant for High Bridge and another for Downriver if we chose to do so. Even though we as a club administer both courses - they are still two different parks. Grants are only given to organizations that deal with the parks. She also said that Taylor Bressler – the City Parks Operation Manager has to sign off on the applications.
        In addition, all grants need to be able to be fulfilled within a one year period. A six month extension can be granted if needed but the grant itself has to appear that it can be done within 12 months.
        After reading the grant application I tried to imagine that I was one of the members of the Parks foundation committee. I came up with a few ideas that I ran past Tony.
        1. We as a club would advertise and staff introductory fundamentals of Disc Golf classes. In our budget we would allocate money for the instructors, advertising, and player packs so that we would provide access to anyone of any income level to participate.
        She really liked the idea of reaching out to the community and providing access to the public.
        2. Along those same lines I spoke with her about the possibility of making our courses easier to use for those who might have more difficulty navigating around the course.
        So, along those lines we could:
        a. Identify and develop alternate safer trails or install stairs for holes 11, 18, 2, 6, 7, and 9 at High Bridge. This could also be done for number 10 at Downriver.

This is just to give you a ‘flavor’ of the kinds of things that they may wish to fund. Please read and study the grant application at:
        http://www.spokaneparksfoundation.or...tion080210.pdf
        prior to the meeting.
        Please call me to confirm that you can make this meeting. 475-5378.
        Thanks
        See you on Thursday -

Sky Pilot
        Kiosk Planter
        Rely on Me

Comment

Sorry, can't do Thursday.

Worst day of the week for me...

Comment

World Series

Will you be televising game 2 between the Giants and the Rangers? It starts at 5:00. I'll only need one eye to watch it.G.

Comment

Grant Meeting

Committee Meeting...

If enough of the committee members can attend, I would still like to meet on Thursday. Justin could submit something in writing concerning his ideas if he can't make it.

Let me know.

Gordy, I don't remember that you volunteered for the committee, so there's no conflict with what your eyes have to do...

Sky Pilot
              Rely on Me

Comment

sweet

If it happens as planned I will submit ideas or show up fashionably late.

Comment

I could do it just as long as don't have to be distracted by the baseball game
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Grant

Cool, I haven't been following much Baseball as of late... so see you there...

SP

PS - I contacted Sean J.
                    could someone give me the list of those who wanted to be on the committee?
                    Was Aaron Baker on the committee or Aaron Van Zoests?
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Grant

...and what's Devin's last name?

Sky Pilot
                      Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                        ...and what's Devin's last name?

Sky Pilot
                        It is Deron Van Soest... I will Attend the meeting.

Comment

Got your message about the meeting, but I'm not sure whether or not I will be able to make it. I'm quite sick right now , and wont be doing anyone any favors by dragging myself down there. I will make it if I can, but as of right now I don't think that it will happen.

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                          Cool, I haven't been following much Baseball as of late... so see you there...

SP

PS - I contacted Sean J.
                          could someone give me the list of those who wanted to be on the committee?
                          Was Aaron Baker on the committee or Aaron Van Zoests?

Comment

I didn't sign up to be on that committee.
                            Most of the concerns I am seeing is High Bridge High Bridge which is fine, but Honestly I occasionally play @ HB so I don't have any ideas for HB not that I wouldn't be willing to help in anyway that was needed.
                            But I do play Down River daily, and between myself and a couple of other people I've been discussing this with, we could probably come up with a proposal(idea's & issues) for Down River IF NEEDED I'm not sure about having it by Thursday though
                            let me know
                            Last edited by BakederThinU; October 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I understood that we were just coming up with some proposals for the club to decide on... right??
                              I thought the whole idea of the committee was to get the ball rolling and focus our ideas into some options for the club, not to make ANY decisions or write any grants.
                              I personally think multiple proposals is a splendid idea but still something to be decided by the club.
                              You should definitely get in touch with Jeff if you want your input... we asked anyone at all to help at the meeting.

The last club meeting was just people combining every random idea into one crazy concept that would NEVER be granted.
                              I will suggest that we present a few ideas to the club and they can decide what takes priority rather dooming the project with pork spending.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X