Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol I was just thinking the same thing

Comment

The spike should not go through the board. The framing area should be 1-2" in front of the pad. If you attach it directly to the wood it will tear the matt (see High Bridge hole 3)
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The spike goes through the matt. Those instructions from the pdga are correct. The tamping is the most important part.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Ok Note taken about 4x4 and spikes
          when we did the installs last time we didn't have a good tamper but I had some scrap metal and i found a welder and he is going to fabricate a tamper that will have a 14"x14"x3/8" plate but anyways it should be done by Friday

Comment

Redoing the Tees

What tee are you considering revamping?
            Rely on Me

Comment

Correction

"To clarify...
              1) I had nothing to do with the purchasing or receiving of these pads. Yet I specifically heard Dave Feldberg ask why his pads were installed incorrectly."

To further clarify...
              I invited Dave Feldberg to play in the Downriver Open - which was in April. We didn't install any of the Launch Pads that we purchased from from his Company - Disconcepts - until July...

Sky Pilot
              Fund Raiser
              Rely on Me

Comment

Well when I replied to jshrack comment I wanted to help correct the new tee pads that were recently installed at down river so no one feared for there safety when they threw,
                I also would like the tee pads to last as long as possible, so fixing the mistakes now would save money in the long run
                so I would say #2, #3, #14 and #15 would be where I would like to focus on first.
                then go from there.

Comment

Pads

I appreciate the energy and willingness to improve the stuff at our courses. The procedure is usually to suggest something to the Board and get approval. We are having a Board/Club meeting on November 1st. The location and time of the meeting hasn't been decided as of yet. This would be a good time to bring it up. It will be posted as soon as it is decided.

Jeff Crum
                  Painter
                  Rely on Me

Comment

I would email the board your ideas and have them vote on allowing them sooner rather than later as old man winter is knocking on our door and it could be a very loud knock! It doesn't make any sense to sit on our hands waiting for the next meeting. Just ask Jeff
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I guess I thought this was the official way to communicate with the club...
                      Thus the reason I asked for possible club supplies or funding in this location.

I see many things getting done on the course that make no functional difference yet are still the priority... I would hope these tee pad installation fixes could make it onto that priority list since the installations were the priority and seem to have run into a labor roadblock.

I think the upgrades we did were great but rushed... we even commented upon this WHILE doing the installations on #1 and #5 at HB. We agreed that the pads should be re-checked and would probably need touch-ups within a few weeks, sadly nobody ever followed up on it.
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

About your proposed work...

Please write out exactly how you plan to proceed, When the work could be done and what supplies or money that you need and I'll forward this in an e-mail to the board.

Jeff Crum
                        Intermediary
                        Rely on Me

Comment

Tee's

Aaron and I looked at the pads at DR today.
                          We realized almost every pad could use framing.
                          Many are not level, others are eroding in the front (major safety issue)

We talked about creating a solid packed rock base with a layer of sand to protect the pad. I have heard mention of a board but i'm not completely sure how that works and would love an explanation or even a demonstration.

Our ultimate goal would be to completely redo all the pads on both courses beginning with the most major safety issue pads and the ones where the rubber itself is in danger.

To get the ball rollin' Arron has enlisted the construction of a tamper.
                          We were thinking we could get started this Saturday by replacing a couple pads.
                          To do this we could easily supply labor and tools. I would ask the board to help supply or invest in framing supplies:
                          Lumber
                          Spikes
                          Sand
                          Gravel (DR parking lot)

Amounts of each are questionable on the type of framing you would prefer us to do.
                          Would you want a full frame around the entirety of the pad or just around the front where compaction is causing erosion?
                          With the size irregularities the easier job would be to frame the front half of the pad...
                          this could also be a good time to start standardizing the pads though.
                          Hell, we could even put in one of each type and get input at the board meeting coming up.

I will gladly put in the extra work if we can get a good install that everyone likes.
                          Last edited by jshrack; October 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I would say use the sand from the beach.. Its not going to take that much.
                            I have a bunch of 1" by 4 scrap that I would donate. Prolly not enough to do all of them but enough to help. I will look tomorrow. Unless we plan on using 2 by 4..

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                            Aaron and I looked at the pads at DR today.
                            We realized almost every pad could use framing.
                            Many are not level, others are eroding in the front (major safety issue)

We talked about creating a solid packed rock base with a layer of sand to protect the pad. I have heard mention of a board but i'm not completely sure how that works and would love an explanation or even a demonstration.

Our ultimate goal would be to completely redo all the pads on both courses beginning with the most major safety issue pads and the ones where the rubber itself is in danger.

To get the ball rollin' Arron has enlisted the construction of a tamper.
                            We were thinking we could get started this Saturday by replacing a couple pads.
                            To do this we could easily supply labor and tools. I would ask the board to help supply or invest in framing supplies:
                            Lumber
                            Spikes
                            Sand
                            Gravel (DR parking lot)

Amounts of each are questionable on the type of framing you would prefer us to do.
                            Would you want a full frame around the entirety of the pad or just around the front where compaction is causing erosion?
                            With the size irregularities the easier job would be to frame the front half of the pad...
                            this could also be a good time to start standardizing the pads though.
                            Hell, we could even put in one of each type and get input at the board meeting coming up.

I will gladly put in the extra work if we can get a good install that everyone likes.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Justin and Aaron

Dear Justin and Aaron,

I appreciate your energy and urgency. Believe me, I've been there myself.

I passed Justin's message (last post) on to the other Board members tonight. I also asked if one of them would work with you guys.

That's all I can do for now. I'm already involved in several projects at this time.

Hope it works out.

Jeff
                              Planner
                              Rely on Me

Comment

Jeff, Thank you for passing on the inquiry.

Yoduh, great idea about the sand.
                                Lil extra work but definitely the best option.

Joe, thanks for the info about supplies and labor.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X