Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, lincolnis@yahoo.com Thanks! :-)

Comment

Official Communication

This may have changed since I was involved with the SDGA...but a few years ago we worked very hard to create a central outlet for communication. We discussed whether info should be 'pushed' to members or posted to the website or posted on kiosks, etc. At that time Corie was unable to adequately upkeep the website or the distribution list. Plus members were reporting their messages were getting hung up in spam filters.

We put several options to a membership vote and it was decided that THIS forum would become the Official Communication Tool. It would be the responsibility of the members and others interested in DG to 'pull' the information for themselves.

At that time, we were hopeful to find a reliable method of maintaining an email distribution list to 'enhance' the information available to members. However, the voted on solution was to post information to this forum and spread the word to find pertinent information here.

Seems like that's what's been happening but maybe things have changed. I only offer an historical perspective from what I recall.

LKY

Comment

I would love if i could receive emails still. I don't live there anymore, but still have a vested interest in the club. I recently traveled to Fairbanks Alaska and saw how their club is using both a forum like this one and Facebook to get info out to members quickly. Everyone already checks their Facebook account everyday, why not use it to push info to club members. Miss you all
        Check out "Fairbanks Disc Golf" on Facebook for an example

Comment

Recent emails

Hi Joe, I don't think you're missing much. We haven't had a mailing for quite a while.
          I hope all is well in the Islands.
          Stimpi

Originally posted by joeroyer View Post
          I would love if i could receive emails still. I don't live there anymore, but still have a vested interest in the club. I recently traveled to Fairbanks Alaska and saw how their club is using both a forum like this one and Facebook to get info out to members quickly. Everyone already checks their Facebook account everyday, why not use it to push info to club members. Miss you all
          Check out "Fairbanks Disc Golf" on Facebook for an example

Comment

We don't get emails at all.. Pretty much the little amount of info from the club is posted right here. Enjoy reading about all of the exciting stuff going on here in Spokane! Hope to see you soon.. Any chance you'll make the Farragut Open?
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Just looking over the SDGA membership form. Why is there not a spot on the form for people to check a box if they want a ballot sent to them? IF WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MAIL IN BALLOTING, IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO HAVE THAT INFO ON THE CLUB REGISTRATION FORM!
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                If you wish to receive email from the SDGA concerning work parties, tournaments and other news, you may post here or send me a PM with your email address. I will update the email list at least once a week.
                hey bob this is john tomsick i would like to be aded to the mialing list please

thanks

Comment

This is Ron Wendle, and yes, include my email: wendleron@gmail.com

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ronw View Post
                    This is Ron Wendle, and yes, include my email: wendleron@gmail.com

Thanks
                    Ron, You are on the email list.
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Return to sender

Brandon Green, Your mailed-out ballot came to me as it was not delivered to you at the address you supplied on your renewal form. I will bring your ballot to the forum tonight and I will bring it to the general election next Tuesday if you don't get it from me tonight or from me otherwise in the meantime. It must be postmarked by the 13th or you must bring it to the election on the 17th. Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        If you wish to receive email from the SDGA concerning work parties, tournaments and other news, you may post here or send me a PM with your email address. I will update the email list at least once a week.
                        drewjamesbrown@gmail.com

Thanks!
                        Drew

Comment

Added to the List

Originally posted by TurtleHead View Post
                          Drew, you have been added to the SDGA mailing list.

Comment

Heya -- would love to hear from local happenings -- Got my PDGA number finally -- it was lost in the system or I was lost in the system 1999

sgt.mac.2ndacr@gmail.com

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Mac View Post
                              Heya -- would love to hear from local happenings -- Got my PDGA number finally -- it was lost in the system or I was lost in the system 1999

sgt.mac.2ndacr@gmail.com

THanks
                              Sgt Mac, your email address has been added to the email list.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X