Sponsorships for Downriver or People's Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sponsorships for Downriver or People's Park

    Important Information: Please direct anyone that wants to contribute or sponsor Peoples Park or Downriver to Jeff Crum.

    People's - $600.00 per hole (if you don't have that much just talk to me and we'll have a hole or 2 that are pooled money. We will accept any amount.

    $500.00 per hole for members. Discount for current paid-up SDGA members. To become a member contact Kevin Sakus or sign up online at www.sdga.us

    Holes numbered 1 and 18 are already spoken for. You will have to act fast to be able to pick your hole.

    Design will likely be a choice between Lyle's layout or Kevin's. Feel free to express your opinion online.

    Downriver Ads on Tee Signs - $75.00 per year for up to 3 years for members and $100.00 per year for up to 3 years for non-members.

    Anyone sponsoring People's or Downriver will need to supply some contact information and such for the sign. There is a limit on space so we reserve the right to edit the content for the signs. We will work with the sponsors on this so that everyone is satisfied. I will have a form for this purpose ready soon.

    Sky Pilot
    President
    SDGA
    Rely on Me

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Design will likely be a choice between Lyle's layout or Kevin's. Feel free to express your opinion online.
    Not to derail the thread, but right now Kevin's layout with a few minor safety tweaks (holes 2/3/4, holes 9/10) and maybe a few small tee/pin moves (too many straight shots, too few hyzer/turnover holes) is the only choice.

    My layout has too many safety issues as is (too many main roads crossed, too many paths without great visibility), and would need to be completely reworked to make it usable.

    If someone wants to take my general idea of shorter, family friendly tees combined with more challenging tees and make a solid, safe 18 hole course in the People's Park area, then I think that would be fantastic.

    Now that I've seen it in action, I think the West Hills area simply isn't usable due to parking considerations, even for a short 9 holer and especially as an extension of the People's Park course.

    Back to the topic at hand: I am moving my Doubles weekly to 5:30 on Wednesdays at Downriver, and will give any golfer that brings in a sponsorship of $75 or more a discount of $1 off the club fund for my events this year.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

    Comment


    • #3
      hole sponsorships

      It sounds like you are saying the People's Park Sponsorships are a permanent part of the hole (tee sign/plaque on basket) where the Downriver sponsorship is more temporary, such as an advertisment, on a yearly basis.
      Can you clarify what one gets for a hole sponsorship?
      thanks.
      Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
      Important Information: Please direct anyone that wants to contribute or sponsor Peoples Park or Downriver to Jeff Crum.

      People's - $600.00 per hole (if you don't have that much just talk to me and we'll have a hole or 2 that are pooled money. We will accept any amount.

      $500.00 per hole for members. Discount for current paid-up SDGA members. To become a member contact Kevin Sakus or sign up online at www.sdga.us

      Holes numbered 1 and 18 are already spoken for. You will have to act fast to be able to pick your hole.

      Design will likely be a choice between Lyle's layout or Kevin's. Feel free to express your opinion online.

      Downriver Ads on Tee Signs - $75.00 per year for up to 3 years for members and $100.00 per year for up to 3 years for non-members.

      Anyone sponsoring People's or Downriver will need to supply some contact information and such for the sign. There is a limit on space so we reserve the right to edit the content for the signs. We will work with the sponsors on this so that everyone is satisfied. I will have a form for this purpose ready soon.

      Sky Pilot
      President
      SDGA

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
        It sounds like you are saying the People's Park Sponsorships are a permanent part of the hole (tee sign/plaque on basket) where the Downriver sponsorship is more temporary, such as an advertisment, on a yearly basis.
        Can you clarify what one gets for a hole sponsorship?
        thanks.
        The time frame for the $600 that was tossed around before was 2 or 3 years.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

        Comment


        • #5
          Were all these sponsorship opportunities talked about at a board meeting and do we have them documented?

          Or are we making this up as we go along?
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

          Comment


          • #6
            Form

            Sometime ago I was asked to find out if we would be able to use sponsorships to do fundraising. I found out from Taylor Bressler that this would be allowed.

            There has been an universally positive response from everyone that's seen the request on the 'temporary' tee signs at Downriver. Eric Brown told me that he knows of someone that will sponsor a hole there. I have also spoken with others that are interested in doing so.

            So, obtaining money in exchange for recognition or advertising is to everyone I've spoken to a great way to promote the sport of Disc Golf.

            If anyone still has questions please give me a call. I was not expecting the post on the forum to cover everything on this subject. I have developed a form that sponsors will need to fill out, and they will need to talk to me in order to complete the transaction.

            If any one has an interest in sponsorship please contact
            Jeff Crum at 475-5378
            Rely on Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
              Were all these sponsorship opportunities talked about at a board meeting and do we have them documented?

              Or are we making this up as we go along?
              Bob, you may have been sleeping or not paying attention at the meetings, but yes, this was talked about.

              Do you have a problem with hole sponsorship? If so, post here, or shoot me an e-mail or give me a call and we can talk about the pros and cons.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

              Comment


              • #8
                Lyle, I absolutely have no problem with soliciting hole sponsorships. I don't remember setting $ values and time periods other than the $600 per hole for People's Park. I don't remember anything about club member discounts.

                All I'm saying is that when we go public (i.e. the forum) we should be agreed upon what we are doing. We should also be concise about what we are offering in terms of time limits. I don't think that any SDGA forms for sponsorship should be put out for distribution until the board has had time to looked at them.

                The board is set up to look at and approve or disapprove ideas that are submitted by individuals. This step needs to be taken before any public statements by individuals are made.
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  All I'm saying is that when we go public (i.e. the forum) we should be agreed upon what we are doing. We should also be concise about what we are offering in terms of time limits. I don't think that any SDGA forms for sponsorship should be put out for distribution until the board has had time to looked at them.

                  The board is set up to look at and approve or disapprove ideas that are submitted by individuals. This step needs to be taken before any public statements by individuals are made.
                  I agree with this.

                  The corollary, of course, is that nothing gets done unless someone goes and does something that bothers someone else enough to get action from them

                  Kind of like how we would have never found out about People's Park and Camp Sekani if we didn't add pins around High Bridge. It bugged some people enough to go find the proper channels.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sponsorships

                    Just an update. As I said in the original post. "I will have a form for this purpose ready soon." I have spent some time developing a form for People's Park and another for Downriver and Highbridge, with help from Tim Barber.
                    We will discuss this among other topics at our next board meeting - this Saturday May 22nd. I'm not sure if this is an 'open' board meeting but I would like it to be so Tim and others can add their input on this and other important subjects.

                    Sky Pilot
                    SDGA President
                    Rely on Me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                      We will discuss this among other topics at our next board meeting - this Saturday May 22nd. I'm not sure if this is an 'open' board meeting but I would like it to be so Tim and others can add their input on this and other important subjects.
                      Since I like everything to be as transparent as possible, I personally believe that all Board Meetings should be open to current members unless there are reasonable objections to that.

                      Of course, others will probably disagree

                      We also need to consider that for 4/6 members, if Board Meetings were held at their house then its likely that the SDGA members of their family would be present. I don't have the current membership to confirm this though.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

                      Comment

                      Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X