X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feldberg Clinics

Dear Spokane Disc Golf Club Members and others...

I've just talked to Dave and the Rapid Fire clinic is still on, and he's very excited to do this for the North Idaho Club.

However, Dave really wants to do a clinic for the SDGA following the 2nd round at the Downriver Open this Saturday...but is currently unsure that this is the will of the Spokane Club.

If you are interested and really want the clinic to happen please let the board know as soon as possible.

Sky Pilot
    President
    SDGA
    Rely on Me

This is a no brainer.

Why would anyone not want him to do a clinic? The guy is amazing.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Feldberg

Some people may not know it but David actually has a Masters Degree in Physical Education and his clinics are not just like - "Duh, here's a disc and this is how you throw it..." He basically has a seminar or class in throwing that is well-structured and delivered. He has the technical expertise and the educational background to put on one heck of a clinic.
      Personally I feel that we would miss out on a very good opportunity if he decided not to do a Driving Clinic for us.
      As I said, he is willing, I just feel that it needs to be something that is worth something to the board and the club.
      Keep voicing your opinions.

Sky Pilot
      President
      SDGA

PS - I was praying that the City gravel delivery person would actually spread the gravel out in the parking lot and he did! It didn't hurt that I actually blocked off the parking lot and made 2 signs that read "No Parking Spread Gravel Between Cones."
      Bressler also asked me if we wanted any more and I told him to deliver another dump truck load next week. One more load would really make it a more complete job.
      Rely on Me

Comment

In addition, some people may not know this but the SDGA board recently approved the purchase of a quantity of "Launch Pads" which are similar to the "Fly Mats" that we are currently using. However, David Feldberg is part owner of the company that makes "Launch Pads" along with Avery Jenkins. Long story short - David got us a discount for the pads that saved us hundreds of dollars. Thanks David!

Sky Pilot
        President
        SDGA
        Rely on Me

Comment

Yay!

Comment

I am an SDGA member and definetly vote in favor of the clinic on Saturday.

Comment

What I want 2 know is how free is a free clinic? I overheard Dave talking about doing the clinic but the word free never came out of his mouth, mentioned why do a free clinic for the SDGA when Rapid fire is paying him? So I don't mind the clinic but at what cost to the club is his clinic? And are we going to pay him for a "free" clinic because that wouldn't be free then? Just my 2 cents worth maybe throw that in on the price of the clinic if it does cost the SDGA anything.
              I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Feldberg

The clinic - should Dave run one tomorrow - would be totally free to our club members and the public.
                Jack is contributing happily to help pay Davids expenses. I hope that we as a club, will do the same.

Sky Pilot
                President
                SDGA
                Rely on Me

Comment

Free?

I think that if our Board voted to pay Dave and Melodies entry fees - that would be a fair exchange for him to do the 'work' of running a clinic after he's driven from Euegene, OR, and played two rounds of competitive golf.

Keep in mind that this type of 'work' is his actual job. He actually teaches Disc Golf (among other subjects) at a University in Oregon.

Then, this would enable the clinic to be 'free' to the participants. This is what I asked for at the last Board Meeting. But hey, I'm only one guy...

Sky Pilot
                  El Presidente
                  SDGA
                  Rely on Me

Comment

I think if we asked for donations for Dave for doing a clinic then we could probably consider that a fair exchange.

He would probably be able to come out way ahead of what the SDGA could offer.

I will be bringing a little extra cash to throw his way if he puts on the clinic, and would encourage others to do the same.

I saw one of his putting clinics online and he was really good at explaining everything. I will definitely be driving out to Rapid Fire today at 4pm to check him out because of this.

Comment

I will do the same, and I encourage others to do so as well.

Sky Pilot
                      Bueno Presedente de Golfo
                      SDGA
                      Rely on Me

Comment

The putting clinic was excellent, even with crappy weather.

Comment

So Dave's clinic was great. He watched everyone throw a drive and then he would help fix anything that he saw someone doing or not doing, I guess he needs to tell some when to release the disc also.
                          I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

You're not supposed to rip it 90 degrees to the right of your line?

Hmmm, I guess I've been doing it wrong. At least on my approaches.

Comment

I guess his instruction worked. I usually throw sidearm. Since my shoulder is tweaked from tendonitus, I was throwing only backhand shots today - which I don't do too much of... I was at least 30 to 50 better on the drives. And no one was injured!
                              Rely on Me

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X