Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is very important that the short(blue) tees be of the best quality, pads and signage. Entice beginners to play the appropriate tee by making them the highest level. Don't ever skimp on the short tees. This is referred to in a course designing guide I've read online or in a dg mag, I'm not just pulling out of my butt and I hope you can see my reasoning.

Comment

Tee colors

Originally posted by joeroyer View Post
      I think it is very important that the short(blue) tees be of the best quality, pads and signage. Entice beginners to play the appropriate tee by making them the highest level. Don't ever skimp on the short tees. This is referred to in a course designing guide I've read online or in a dg mag, I'm not just pulling out of my butt and I hope you can see my reasoning.
      Hey guys, let's be consistant, and I think Ball golf has set the standard.
      Red for Short Tees.
      White for Intermediate Tees.
      Blue for Pro tees.
      Black for Sick, In Your Face, Make You Mad Tees.

Stimp

Comment

I believe when they get peoples park developed, it will be a very good amateur course.

Comment

Lots of good course design info here too:
          http://www.houckdesign.com/course_design_articles.html

No expertise here but I have opinions I pretty much agree with everything Parks posted, that's a sensible approach IMO. Also agree the red tees should be the better quality if you have to choose.

The most important thing is to have a well-thought-out master design plan.

Definitely install quality tee signs and a kiosk with course map and rules. I think pro signage is even more important than pro teepads for making the course accessible to visitors and newer players.

Comment

Eagle Ridge

I completely agree. It would be great for the sport. If you haven't gone to Eagle Ridge, I'd check it out. Hardly anybody uses it. I don't live there myself and have never had a problem. My boys are really young (1 and 3). it's a perfect place to get some throws in, have a nice picnic with the fam, and not worry about slowing down the folks behind you or getting bombed by a drive. I wish there were more places like it in Spokane. It would be great for the sport and disc golf community to have more family/beginner options.

Originally posted by Timber View Post
            GS: Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Parks: I'm sure it would have to be a more community-development type thing. I was just wondering if there were any potential locations people might have come across, for future reference. Having an easier course option would be great for growing the sport in the area. I've brought several newbies out for rounds at DR and HB and none of them had enough success/fun to want to come back.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X