SDGA Club Meetings - Check Here for Current Schedule Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It makes absolutely no sense at all to have a window in which people are allowed to accept nomintations and have a candidates forum before that window has closed. I wasn't sure I was going to run because I know how much energy I was going to put into that job and I had to make sure that I was in it for the long haul. I accept my nomination and you tell me after the election is over that I missed my opportunity to speak? You should study our government a little closer.. really any government that follows an election process.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

    Comment


    • Well, Glad I found meeting sched thread. Too bad it is an entrenched pissing match. The joys of volunteer organizations. :-) Won't make tuesday's, still in Seattle. Hopefully can make August or Sept.

      Comment


      • Bob-you have a tough and at times thankless job...and there will always be a 'better' way to have done things. Thanks for all of the hard work you have done. We learn, we move on.

        I would just please ask everyone to do so. Done, over...we learn from our successes and failures and hopefully improve. Jeremy-I really think you need to let this go amigo. I think that alot of good things from this year and we can move forward with it. Let's not mire in the past.

        Comment


        • Is there an agenda posted for tonight?

          Comment


          • Just a quick reminder about the meeting tonight - Tuesday, July 12th, at 7pm. We will be meeting at 5 Mile Pizza at 6409 N Maple St.

            Mike: I don't think an agenda has been posted.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

            Comment


            • Listen

              Hey, I won't be making the meeting tonight but I'm pleading with everybody who does attend...

              Please be civil to one another.
              Please take turns talking.
              Please try really hard to listen and really 'hear' others.
              Please be open-minded and solutions oriented.
              Please leave the past in the past.
              Please be respectful and hold your tongue if you need to.
              Please recognize any of your own 'personal' agendas.
              Please remember the majority of us LOVE disc golf and want pretty much the same thing.
              Slow down, be kind, be quiet, listen...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                Hey, I won't be making the meeting tonight but I'm pleading with everybody who does attend...

                Please be civil to one another.
                Please take turns talking.
                Please try really hard to listen and really 'hear' others.
                Please be open-minded and solutions oriented.
                Please leave the past in the past.
                Please be respectful and hold your tongue if you need to.
                Please recognize any of your own 'personal' agendas.
                Please remember the majority of us LOVE disc golf and want pretty much the same thing.
                Slow down, be kind, be quiet, listen...
                I'd also say don't drink till the meeting is over. Alcohol has this amazing ability to make all the above not happen.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

                Comment


                • Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  I'd also say don't drink till the meeting is over. Alcohol has this amazing ability to make all the above not happen.
                  LIKE!! and Leslie's post too!

                  Next time there's a meeting can we get a reminder a day early? Thanks
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

                  Comment


                  • Great meeting last night...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Miguel View Post
                      Great meeting last night...
                      What was discussed? Was everyone civil to each other?
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

                      Comment


                      • SDGA Meeting - 7/12/11

                        First off, the meeting went smooth with a civility that Lesli would have commended.

                        All board members except Kevin attended and there were 4 members present; JJ Atkins, Tim Vache, Shawna Buzzingham and Mike Melkers.

                        Jeff didn't have any new things to report.

                        Gordy gave his brief treasurer's report as always.

                        Bob showed an example of a new tee sign design for Downriver.

                        Jon reported that the Board has approved the purchase of a new putting basket for High Bridge Park.
                        He also reported that he and Kevin were working on an above ground solution for installing baskets and pads at People's Park.
                        The solution involves 700 lb. decorative precast concrete blocks with a basket anchor cast into the block.
                        The tee boxes come as 2 - 4' X 4' precast slabs that weigh around 700 lbs. apiece.
                        Jon will be talking with the Parks Dept. concerning this solution in the near future.

                        Jon and Gordy will be talking with Tony Nessarian soon to finalize our agreement with the Spokane Parks Foundation concerning SPF becoming our non-profit fiscal agent. This will allow us to receive non-profit donations from corporations in the future.

                        Tim Vache and Shawna Buzzingham brought a proposal to the board concerning the upcoming USDGC tournament.
                        If you haven't heard, Tim Vache, Tom Stephens and Mike Leslie were invited to compete at the USDGC tournament in Rock Hill, S.C. on Oct. 5-8, 2011.
                        They have requested financial help from the SDGA to fund their trip to Rock Hill. Due to the prestige of this event the SDGA has approved a loan of $1300 to these three individuals to facilitate making the travel arrangements so that they can compete. The board has also approved each of these competitors a $100 sponsorship. We wish them good luck and a great time at Rock Hill this fall.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                          LIKE!! and Leslie's post too!

                          Next time there's a meeting can we get a reminder a day early? Thanks
                          Lyle posted the July 12th meeting on June 30th on this thread.
                          Fly free and straight to the pin!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            Tim Vache and Shawna Buzzingham brought a proposal to the board concerning the upcoming USDGC tournament.
                            If you haven't heard, Tim Vache, Tom Stephens and Mike Leslie were invited to compete at the USDGC tournament in Rock Hill, S.C. on Oct. 5-8, 2011.
                            They have requested financial help from the SDGA to fund their trip to Rock Hill. Due to the prestige of this event the SDGA has approved a loan of $1300 to these three individuals to facilitate making the travel arrangements so that they can compete. The board has also approved each of these competitors a $100 sponsorship. We wish them good luck and a great time at Rock Hill this fall.
                            Hey SDGA!
                            Way to support our local players !!!
                            I really think the Board did a great thing here.
                            It also helps our club show a track record of community support in offering these guys both a loan and sponsorship for this AMAZING opportunity.
                            Way to represent Spokane Disc Golfers
                            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                            Comment


                            • Have the Public relations guy put on the Kiosk a week in advance and a couple days in advance that there will be a meeting. You only had 4 club members show up out of how many? I check this site almost every day but 2 weeks in advance slipped right by as it obviously did with others.
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

                              Comment


                              • Yea, I hope the low attendance of this meeting was due to poor publicity rather than member apathy. That being said, I don't know if/when the meeting info was posted at the course kiosks.
                                We're at our best when it's from our hips

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X