X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace and Self Respect

...compassion and civility towards others.

Comment

• I have decided to accept Bob's invitation to run the SDGA election's next year.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Fantastic!!

This is great news :-)

I have every confidence you will do an exceptional job and you will feel rewarded for being a part of a successful effort to improve the club.

Thanks for stepping up!!

Comment

• Jeremy, what I said was that I challenge you to be the Election Secretary, you have twisted my words and made it sound like I invited you to be the Election Secretary. The Election Secretary is a Board appointed position. You will have to petition and be approved by the Board to hold this position.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
            On the positive side, if you think that you can do a better job and you want to put the work into what it takes to run the election then step up and volunteer to be the Election Secretary for this upcoming election. I will gladly turn the responsibility for this over to you.
            Yeah sure Bob...
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Clinging to power is a nice look for you.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Quote:
                Originally Posted by Wobbly Bob
                On the positive side, if you think that you can do a better job and you want to put the work into what it takes to run the election then step up and volunteer to be the Election Secretary for this upcoming election. I will gladly turn the responsibility for this over to you.

Yeah sure Bob...
                did you not read this yoduh ? it says "then step up and volunteer for this upcoming election" it did not say "come and take over this election" . and i would also have to agree with LYOUNGER in that there should be compassion and civility towards others when using this forum instead of just badmouthing other people(yes i am one of them badmouthing ppl and i am srry about it ) just to get their point across.

please take this to heart when posting "it aint no better then standing on your front porch yelling at everyone who walks by " so please think before you post IT just might be a little hurtful

Comment

• Odd... I remember a similar discussion at one of our meetings.
                  It was brought up at a club meeting, as a possible conflict of interest to have a candidate running the elections, and quickly passed over since this is a duty of the Public Relations officer and always has been...

This is what I was lead to believe, anyway.

Had our Board been given this option, I would be DISGUSTED at them appointing one of the five candidates to run the election process.
                  With all the other people who could do the job, it would seem extremely suspect to appoint Bob the duty.
                  Thankfully this was NOT the case as the Board never made such an appointment.
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I never said you couldn't campaign on the day of the election, what I said was that there would be no campaigning at the election meeting.

I don't know if you vote in US political elections, but when you go to the polls, the campaigning is over and it's time to vote. It's not a bad model to craft our own elections after.

I believe that it clearly states right here that Bob is more than willing to turn the election process over to me, Joe. I did nothing to illicit any such offer from Bob, I merely accepted it. No where in the charter does it say that the Board must vote on who the election Secretary is.
                    Shrack, thanks for pointing out another glaring mistake that the SDGA made, allowing a Board member running for a posistion, to also be the election Secretary is a very clear conflict of interest. Is that how the US system works? Bob misreported the vote count to this forum too. Seems like you have enough on your plate Bob. I'm pretty sure I could handle something as simple as running an election.
                    Quoted by Leslie
                    This is great news :-)

I have every confidence you will do an exceptional job and you will feel rewarded for being a part of a successful effort to improve the club.

Thanks for stepping up!!

Thanks for your vote of confidence Leslie. I will do my best!
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Next open member meeting with be Tuesday, July 12th, at 7pm. We will be meeting at 5 Mile Pizza at 6409 N Maple St.

Haven't had a meeting in a while, so this should be a good one.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                        ...compassion and civility towards others.
                        Yes please. I am very taken aback by the vitriol and spite I read when I come on the forum.

Comment

I don't know if you vote in US political elections, but when you go to the polls, the campaigning is over and it's time to vote. It's not a bad model to craft our own elections after.
                          Well-I am going to have to disagree there Bob. There are no SDGA TV campaign ads, print ads or mailers. We are not inundated by bus tours, train stops and televised debates Participation on the forum is sparce and limited to just a core group.

As a grass roots organization, we should strive to be as enjoining and member friendly as possible~feasible~reasonable. I think that it is not only well within reason but a great idea for the members to hear what candidates have to say before an election...to ask questions...to hear answers and with that-if they choose to attend meetings-cast their informed vote.

My 2 cents anyways...

Comment

Jeremy, did you forget that there was a Candidate's Forum, exactly for that reason. You chose to wait until the last minute to throw your hat into the ring.

I have thought hard about this and because I tried to make nominations available for as many people and up to the last minute, I ended up with this situation. What started out as a good intentioned plan backfired on me .

The only way that I could think of to fix this was to have nominations open for one month and have campaigning for two months and there will be no campaigning at the meeting on election day .
                            Bob-sorry...I missed that post about the forum. Can you help me understand the rationale behind no campaigning or speeches the day of? Just curious...

Comment

• Over half of the people voting sign up for membership on the night of the election. This last minute sign up takes time from the meeting.

It doesn't matter how the election is run, some people will find fault with the way it was run.

I have grown weary from people complaining about how I have run the elections. The board will be selecting someone else to do this job for 2012.
                              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Over half of the people voting sign up for membership on the night of the election. This last minute sign up takes time from the meeting.

It doesn't matter how the election is run, some people will find fault with the way it was run.

I have grown weary from people complaining about how I have run the elections. The board will be selecting someone else to do this job for 2012.
                                I am very happy that Dr. Mike can see the obvious complaint that I have. If I would have just went past my bachelor's degree at WSU and got my Doctorate than maybe I could have been as eloquent as he is

We have ran every election up until this year in the manor that Dr. Mike and I are speaking of. I think that the process was skewed on purpose and I call for a reelection. If you are tired Bob you can step down.
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X