SDGA Club Meetings - Check Here for Current Schedule Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Charter Review

    Well... the SDGA Board Members seem to have started a petition to undermine the Charter Review Process.

    I think the project has been officially scrapped as a result.

    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

    Comment


    • #92
      Justin, this is the first I've heard of this. What petition?
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jshrack View Post
        Well... the SDGA Board Members seem to have started a petition to undermine the Charter Review Process.

        I think the project has been officially scrapped as a result.

        Justin, what petition do you speak of? No one that I know has mentioned a petition to undermine the Charter review process.

        There are more adult ways to ask what has happened with the Charter Review Committee. Spreading rumors is uncalled for, so grow up and get your facts straight.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

        Comment


        • #94
          Gordy handed it to me and asked me to sign it.
          I was a bit unnerved and just set it down without comment.
          A few others had already signed it.
          I may have mis-spoke when I said "Board Members," maybe just "Board Member."
          I apologize if you felt your participation was implied, also for the confusion it sparked.

          Either way, our committee had no authority but it seemed stupid to go through the process if it is just gonna be challenged later.
          I don't think I am the first to come to this conclusion.
          Ask around...
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

          Comment


          • #95
            What was Gordy's problem with the committee?
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Parks View Post
              What was Gordy's problem with the committee?
              The members of the committee, Tim ,Jeff, myself,Lesli,Bob & Jon , I do not have a problem with....When we held our annual Super Bowl party at our house in early February I asked if Club members present would favor a charter review climate in which preservation of our core tenants would be preserved.. Justin was a guest at our house and , as a Club member, was invited to express his support in favor of this sentiment. In addition to the 7 or eight who supported the statement there were others who declined , Justin among them. ...This survey was made in the open and was simply intended to gauge whether people were interested in either surgical or radical alteration of the Club Charter. As a contributor to the existing Charter I do not find it far fetched to revise our founding document in a manner that preserves the possibility of our volunteer electorate working together as a unit....It strikes me that future SDGA Boards and members would prefer preserving an elected core governing body. Just sayin.

              Comment


              • #97
                Let's do the Time Warp again!
                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I got a real interesting idea for our charter. Stay with me it might seem outlandish. Let's write it so it says candidates will speak before electors make their votes
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Jeremy, did you forget that there was a Candidate's Forum, exactly for that reason. You chose to wait until the last minute to throw your hat into the ring.

                    I have thought hard about this and because I tried to make nominations available for as many people and up to the last minute, I ended up with this situation. What started out as a good intentioned plan backfired on me .

                    The only way that I could think of to fix this was to have nominations open for one month and have campaigning for two months and there will be no campaigning at the meeting on election day .
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

                    Comment


                    • Where is Nevin's? I think he's a very smart and from what I hear he could probably write a markedly better charter He could use a chainsaw or a boning knife. Tim if your reading this you should ask the doctors you work with and help organize which utensil you should use to help us rewrite the constitution
                      Does it make sense to give him feedback, and then let him write it? He could just propose it, and present it at a club meeting. All the members could talk about it and vote on it.
                      Relax and enjoy your hair
                      TNT Yardworks.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Jeremy, did you forget that there was a Candidate's Forum, exactly for that reason. You chose to wait until the last minute to throw your hat into the ring.

                        I have thought hard about this and because I tried to make nominations available for as many people and up to the last minute, I ended up with this situation. What started out as a good intentioned plan backfired on me .

                        The only way that I could think of to fix this was to have nominations open for one month and have campaigning for two months and there will be no campaigning at the meeting on election day .
                        How many people voted at the election? Was it really that difficult or odd to expect that the candidates would speak before the voting process? Especially considering that it's happened every single year since the SDGA has went with this process?
                        It was pretty obvious that after listening to your's and Gordy's speeches, that you don't want to speak before the election because it's not your strong point.
                        I do not consider online forums a quality place to run a cam-pain. (a restaurant is)Considering that maybe 12-15 people on this forum vote, and we had 50 voters, this forum doesn't cover the broad spectrum of voters very well. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT THERE WILL BE NO CAMPAIGNING THE DAY OF AN ELECTION BOB! That's a club decision. You aren't the whole club. Put to vote and your members would vote you down in this area, but you keep manipulating what's best for you. Why are you afraid/against allowing candidates to speak before the election? Please don't say time, 6 people taking up a max of 5 minutes a piece is only 30 minutes. Our club meetings are legendary for their length. Don't let everybody miss out on a once a year Time warp again!
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                          How many people voted at the election? Was it really that difficult or odd to expect that the candidates would speak before the voting process? Especially considering that it's happened every single year since the SDGA has went with this process?
                          It was pretty obvious that after listening to your's and Gordy's speeches, that you don't want to speak before the election because it's not your strong point.
                          I do not consider online forums a quality place to run a cam-pain. (a restaurant is)Considering that maybe 12-15 people on this forum vote, and we had 50 voters, this forum doesn't cover the broad spectrum of voters very well. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT THERE WILL BE NO CAMPAIGNING THE DAY OF AN ELECTION BOB! That's a club decision. You aren't the whole club. Put to vote and your members would vote you down in this area, but you keep manipulating what's best for you. Why are you afraid/against allowing candidates to speak before the election? Please don't say time, 6 people taking up a max of 5 minutes a piece is only 30 minutes. Our club meetings are legendary for their length. Don't let everybody miss out on a once a year Time warp again!
                          I never said you couldn't campaign on the day of the election, what I said was that there would be no campaigning at the election meeting.

                          I don't know if you vote in US political elections, but when you go to the polls, the campaigning is over and it's time to vote. It's not a bad model to craft our own elections after.

                          On the positive side, if you think that you can do a better job and you want to put the work into what it takes to run the election then step up and volunteer to be the Election Secretary for this upcoming election. I will gladly turn the responsibility for this over to you.
                          Fly free and straight to the pin!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            I never said you couldn't campaign on the day of the election, what I said was that there would be no campaigning at the election meeting.

                            I don't know if you vote in US political elections, but when you go to the polls, the campaigning is over and it's time to vote. It's not a bad model to craft our own elections after.

                            On the positive side, if you think that you can do a better job and you want to put the work into what it takes to run the election then step up and volunteer to be the Election Secretary for this upcoming election. I will gladly turn the responsibility for this over to you.
                            BLAH BLAH BLAH! If people are there to vote for the candidates, then quite simply they should be allowed to speak. We aren't running million dollar campaigns like a president. As I said maybe 15 people read these forums, 50 people voted. I know it would would be tough to loose an election because you can't convince the voters the day of the election because you can't speak about what you intend to do eloquently.
                            Actually if you look at it is modeled after the U.S. System in that 30% of the people voting actually know what they are voting for. Good job Bob
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              Where is Nevin's? I think he's a very smart and from what I hear he could probably write a markedly better charter He could use a chainsaw or a boning knife. Tim if your reading this you should ask the doctors you work with and help organize which utensil you should use to help us rewrite the constitution
                              Does it make sense to give him feedback, and then let him write it? He could just propose it, and present it at a club meeting. All the members could talk about it and vote on it.
                              Bueller? Anyone?
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                BLAH BLAH BLAH! If people are there to vote for the candidates, then quite simply they should be allowed to speak. We aren't running million dollar campaigns like a president. As I said maybe 15 people read these forums, 50 people voted. I know it would would be tough to loose an election because you can't convince the voters the day of the election because you can't speak about what you intend to do eloquently.
                                Actually if you look at it is modeled after the U.S. System in that 30% of the people voting actually know what they are voting for. Good job Bob
                                Put your volunteer time where your mouth is Jeremy. I challenge you to step up and run the election committee next year.
                                Fly free and straight to the pin!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X