X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. We'll post when one is scheduled.
    Rely on Me

Comment

Communication

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
      Not yet. We'll post when one is scheduled.
      Would it be possible to send out an email notification to all current members regarding the next SDGA club meeting as well as posting it here?

I try to keep tabs on this forum but might miss the posting. An email notification would be super helpful, if possible.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Additional request

I also wanted to add a request that you post a notification of future SDGA Board meetings as well that includes proposed agenda items for discussion and a deadline for members to submit input to the Board on those items.

I think the membership would feel more represented if the communication process was formalized a bit more.

The Board was voted in by the members to run the club and pursue our agreed upon missions. I thank each Board member for their efforts and I understand it's much more work than people want to acknowledge.

If the members have a timely opportunity to submit their opinions about issues then the Board makes timely decisions to put those ideas into motion, the system is working as planned.

Not everyone will agree and not every idea will move forward. However, everyone will be heard and the majority will rule and the minority has to accept the outcome as a part of the process we've all agreed to follow.

I thank everyone who is making an effort to promote the growth and enjoyment of the sport of Disc Golf.

Lesli

Comment

Next SDGA Club Meeting

Originally posted by coryreu View Post
          Is there a scheduled club meeting yet?
          There is an SDGA club meeting scheduled at 8 PM on September 14, 2010.

We will meet at Luigi's Italian Restaurant at 245 W. Main Ave. Spokane, WA. 99201. The restaurant staff will direct you to the room.

Hope to see all the Spokane Disc Golf Community there.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
            I also wanted to add a request that you post a notification of future SDGA Board meetings as well that includes proposed agenda items for discussion and a deadline for members to submit input to the Board on those items.

I think the membership would feel more represented if the communication process was formalized a bit more.

The Board was voted in by the members to run the club and pursue our agreed upon missions. I thank each Board member for their efforts and I understand it's much more work than people want to acknowledge.

If the members have a timely opportunity to submit their opinions about issues then the Board makes timely decisions to put those ideas into motion, the system is working as planned.

Not everyone will agree and not every idea will move forward. However, everyone will be heard and the majority will rule and the minority has to accept the outcome as a part of the process we've all agreed to follow.

I thank everyone who is making an effort to promote the growth and enjoyment of the sport of Disc Golf.

Lesli
            I think this is a good idea to get club members more involved in the process.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
              I think this is a good idea to get club members more involved in the process.
              I concur. Is there any possibility of this happening for the upcoming meeting?
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Hey Lesli, I think that posting the proposed agenda prior to the meeting is a great idea. The only problem with that is that the board meets one hour before the Club Meeting to set the agenda for the upcoming meeting. Maybe the board could correspond among ourselves using email to pre-set the agenda a week before the actual meeting.

Do you think that posting the agenda a week in advance of a meeting would iincrease the attendance of the meeting.

I don't know how true this statement is, elections aside, there are usually only 15-25 members present at any club meeting. It's usually the same people that attend these meetings. With 80 some current members this effectively allows a minority to rule and the majority to accept the outcome of these meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Timber View Post
                  Next meeting.
                  are these meetings for members only or open to others?

Comment

Originally posted by taadow13 View Post
                    are these meetings for members only or open to others?
                    These meetings are open to anyone that wants to attend. Anyone may participate in the discussions. Only current SDGA members may vote at the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                      There is an SDGA club meeting scheduled at 8 PM on September 14, 2010.

We will meet at Luigi's Italian Restaurant at 245 W. Main Ave. Spokane, WA. 99201. The restaurant staff will direct you to the room.

Hope to see all the Spokane Disc Golf Community there.
                      Is it really 8 pm?

Comment

Originally posted by Timber View Post
                        Is it really 8 pm?
                        YES

Comment

I tried to make the meeting but was unable to attend. Would someone be able to post the meeting minutes. I would appreciate reading about what I missed. I do try to make these things, I like to know what clubs are doing, especially the ones I am a member of.

Comment

Next meeting, 1st Tues. in Nov.

Bob the PR guy asked me if meeting at Stadium Pizza like we have before would be a good idea. Since Luigi's charged us $20 for the room last time and charged everyone an 18% gratuity on top of their expensive drinks and meals (let alone its pay-to-park) I think Stadium would be a refreshing change of venue. It may be a little noisy there but if we designate someone to chair the meeting and assist in having everyone talk in turn I see the meeting running well. We held the meeting at 7:00 pm last time so how about 7:00pm this time? See you there. Gordy. ps. we miss 2xtim.

Comment

Where to Meet?

Stadium Pizza was fine some of the times we met there. I can remember at least one meeting where some very loud drunk people were making it very difficult to hear what was going on. Bob pointed out that this was due to the fact that we were meeting on a Monday Night Football night. However, keep in mind - it is basically a bar and we don't have a sound system. If we meet there on Nov 2nd, at least the meeting is on a Tuesday - thankfully. Wherever we decide to meet, I'd like to meet at the same place (for continuity) during this election season.
                              About Luigi's
                              The first few meetings we had there - there was no room charge. So, this last charge was a surprise to me. As for the gratuity, I didn't notice...
                              So, Stadium Pizza is a great place to meet - most of the time.
                              Unless someone has a better suggestion...
                              Oh and just to clarify - I made it abundantly clear when we met at Luigi's that there was free parking after 5PM behind the establishment and since we met there at 8PM there is no street parking fee after 7PM.

PS - Does anyone know the dates we set for the December and January meetings at our last Board/Club meeting?

Sky Pilot
                              Typist
                              SDGA
                              Rely on Me

Comment

Thank you for making this change...
                                Anything sounds better than Luigi's was.

Do you mind posting a location for this Stadium Pizza?

Also, the last meeting ran until 10ish...
                                Is there any way we can move it up 30 minutes or so?
                                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X