SDGA Club Meetings - Check Here for Current Schedule Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    One additional condition should be considered.

    Considering this is a public place each person member or not should be respectful of both the club and the library. The Library has rules of conduct and just because your in a public place does not give you the right to disrupt the meeting being held in one of it's rooms. If you do act up you will be asked to leave member or not. If you smell of alcohol or weed don't bother attending. If it gets to out of hand the library can call the police.

    Jeremy What is this debt you claim is owed by SDGA to DGU.

    Is it the memberships Gordy returned to the individuals members? If so It their decisions if they join your club or not. it was not SDGA's responsibility as to what each person did with their refunded club memberships nor their right to directly transfer it to you.
    Is it the funding of the course? It is my understanding that as soon as you provide the club with receipts for the overpriced baskets you purchased. They will release the funds. My suggestion is to release them to the Parks foundation not to the club directly. I would hate to see the funds be misappropriated.

    Swing and a miss on the anchors though, It seems to me you as the new club don't deserve the all considerations extended to the SDGA for 12+ years of community outreach. Think of it like a ledger black numbers are credits, red are debits. The SDGA has plenty of black ink, DGU not so much. You may have earned some of the black ink but you can't take it with you.

    Earn your way it's much more satisfying
    JUB ... you REALLY need to get out more .. i can see the HATE in your writing .. its not about the membership money ,JUB its about what is wrtten down on paper .The SDGA owes the Disc golf uprising money for baskets (it is written down on paper) and if i am correct the Parks Foundation has NOTHING to do with the SDGA giving up money they have said they would give to UPRISING for putting in baskets ..and Jub please explain WHY it has taken the SDGA 3 YEARS to put up PAID FOR tee pad signs ? I would think you have all the answers thats what you keep implying ??

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      One additional condition should be considered.

      Considering this is a public place each person member or not should be respectful of both the club and the library. The Library has rules of conduct and just because your in a public place does not give you the right to disrupt the meeting being held in one of it's rooms. If you do act up you will be asked to leave member or not. If you smell of alcohol or weed don't bother attending. If it gets to out of hand the library can call the police.

      Jeremy What is this debt you claim is owed by SDGA to DGU.

      Is it the memberships Gordy returned to the individuals members? If so It their decisions if they join your club or not. it was not SDGA's responsibility as to what each person did with their refunded club memberships nor their right to directly transfer it to you.
      Is it the funding of the course? It is my understanding that as soon as you provide the club with receipts for the overpriced baskets you purchased. They will release the funds. My suggestion is to release them to the Parks foundation not to the club directly. I would hate to see the funds be misappropriated.

      Swing and a miss on the anchors though, It seems to me you as the new club don't deserve the all considerations extended to the SDGA for 12+ years of community outreach. Think of it like a ledger black numbers are credits, red are debits. The SDGA has plenty of black ink, DGU not so much. You may have earned some of the black ink but you can't take it with you.

      Earn your way it's much more satisfying
      Rules of conduct should be followed Jub. I whole heartedly agree! You should be a club leader. I don't think we've ever had a problem with the smelling thing but the being to drunk has been a real issue in the club. The library is a perfect place to help curtail that issue.

      My post is not about moneys being returned for club members. It is about Article C. Talking to Jeff about the cost of the baskets @$455 a piece. He will be sending the bill to the SDGA ASAP. It will be nice to get this out of the way so we can start our next course building project!

      There is a completely different set of Parks department employees that we in both clubs are working with. They have no black or red credit recollection whatsoever, but that was an amusing anecdote from a clueless party. The SDGA is happy that you aren't a board member or your comments would quite easily land them in hot water. Adding new unapproved pin placements may just be enough alone. We aren't dealing with the same people at all. There is a certain protocol that must be followed. Hopefully common sense when rushing in new pin placements can be used too..

      Earning something Jub... You are a real piece of work buddy
      Last edited by Yoduh; March 22nd, 2013, 06:18 PM.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

      Comment


      • Kudos to all who give tirelesly of their time and effort

        Have you ever heard the term political capitol? Even if you haven't I know you understand its value! You seem to believe that because you want it and have the money the P/R will let you do it. For you it might be good having new contacts.You have already been given your hat once I doubt it will take very long before it happens again. Someday you will realize that by paying it forward you will get so much farther faster. The accolades from all the charities the SDGA has supported for many years now trumps your hand every time.

        Here is one for you. If the SDGA where to fold and donate it's bank account to the Parks foundation (with the stipulation that is was for DG projects only) Who will be Dirty Harry? The Parks Dept? You? Don't you get it? Without the SDGA you would still be throwing at trees.

        Is there a reason why the P/R are being sticklers? two reasons: one because you or Jeff most likely both pissed them off and more importantly because they can. Your point out the downriver anchors not being approved well they are a lot easier to explain then clearing fairways without an active MOU.

        The grant from the SDGA is for $1800 not X number of baskets. It's not the SDGA's fault you shot you wad on something bright and shiny.

        Jeremy, I am getting tired of you going after the club when you really mean Jaymie and Gordy well maybe bob too. Why don't you man up and admit it (at least to yourself) the truth that you are jealous of what you believe comes so easily for them. You claim to be this great teacher but you keep failing this lesson time and again.

        Joe,
        I can only offer that the course might change would be my best guess. Normally Tee signs are the last thing in.
        rewindb.com

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          Have you ever heard the term political capitol? Even if you haven't I know you understand its value! You seem to believe that because you want it and have the money the P/R will let you do it. For you it might be good having new contacts.You have already been given your hat once I doubt it will take very long before it happens again. Someday you will realize that by paying it forward you will get so much farther faster. The accolades from all the charities the SDGA has supported for many years now trumps your hand every time.

          Here is one for you. If the SDGA where to fold and donate it's bank account to the Parks foundation (with the stipulation that is was for DG projects only) Who will be Dirty Harry? The Parks Dept? You? Don't you get it? Without the SDGA you would still be throwing at trees.

          Is there a reason why the P/R are being sticklers? two reasons: one because you or Jeff most likely both pissed them off and more importantly because they can. Your point out the downriver anchors not being approved well they are a lot easier to explain then clearing fairways without an active MOU.

          The grant from the SDGA is for $1800 not X number of baskets. It's not the SDGA's fault you shot you wad on something bright and shiny.

          Jeremy, I am getting tired of you going after the club when you really mean Jaymie and Gordy well maybe bob too. Why don't you man up and admit it (at least to yourself) the truth that you are jealous of what you believe comes so easily for them. You claim to be this great teacher but you keep failing this lesson time and again.

          Joe,
          I can only offer that the course might change would be my best guess. Normally Tee signs are the last thing in.
          JUB you are so wrong !!! The SDGA has STOLEN money from people who PAID to have thier name/company name on tee signs 3 years ago.. The sdga HAS NOT been upfront with that . It does not take 3 years to make up tee signs nor alt pin placement ..The SDGA makes up rules as they go ,they DONT care about the players the land they play on it is all about HOW MUCH CAN WE MAKE OFF THE DISC GOLFERS . JUB i was a board member for a year,a volunteer groundskeeper for 3 years in that time i watched the SDGA demaned money from people to sponser tournys, demand a caterer to change his whole menu because Bob didnt like the bbq sauce ( B.T.W. The SDGA didnt even have to pay a dime for the caterer I PAID FOR THE WHOLE THING) AND after the tourny came up to me to ask me for money to vend at thier event ! When i had told them i am doing this for the players they got mad .. Also jub if i turned in recipts to you for pay back would YOU take 6 months to square up AND then only pay half of the bill ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            Have you ever heard the term political capitol? Even if you haven't I know you understand its value! You seem to believe that because you want it and have the money the P/R will let you do it. For you it might be good having new contacts.You have already been given your hat once I doubt it will take very long before it happens again. Someday you will realize that by paying it forward you will get so much farther faster. The accolades from all the charities the SDGA has supported for many years now trumps your hand every time.

            Here is one for you. If the SDGA where to fold and donate it's bank account to the Parks foundation (with the stipulation that is was for DG projects only) Who will be Dirty Harry? The Parks Dept? You? Don't you get it? Without the SDGA you would still be throwing at trees.

            Is there a reason why the P/R are being sticklers? two reasons: one because you or Jeff most likely both pissed them off and more importantly because they can. Your point out the downriver anchors not being approved well they are a lot easier to explain then clearing fairways without an active MOU.

            The grant from the SDGA is for $1800 not X number of baskets. It's not the SDGA's fault you shot you wad on something bright and shiny.

            Jeremy, I am getting tired of you going after the club when you really mean Jaymie and Gordy well maybe bob too. Why don't you man up and admit it (at least to yourself) the truth that you are jealous of what you believe comes so easily for them. You claim to be this great teacher but you keep failing this lesson time and again.

            Joe,
            I can only offer that the course might change would be my best guess. Normally Tee signs are the last thing in.
            Clearly haven't a clue as to anything at all. Done responding to somebody from the other side of the state without one iota of knowledge. You're constant shooting off of the mouth from afar is asinine and obstinate. It would be nice to have one thread on this sight that was titled Jub shoots off at the mouth. It would include many many folks and many instances with tons of people from all over the northwest. Somehow Your lack of importance and your constant efforts to boost your importance has really gotten to your head. I suggest some meditation and some inward dialogue about how you really are important as long as you stick with things that you actually know and can directly effect with some positivity.

            Tee signs are the last thing in at Downriver... Good call Jub
            The grant is for 4 baskets up to $1,8000
            There is still no MOU, it's in the works still but has nothing at all to do with the agreement between the clubs. I said in the last post that the bill hasn't actually been sent to the club. There was a miscommunication on our end. The new pin placements are not approved. They are
            a) Poorly conceived
            1. Move a pin 20 feet into trees with no route to the pin
            2. This happens on several holes
            3. Moved near the edge of an erosion area that we were already told wasn't a kosher place for a pin. Erosion is already picking up.
            4. If I owned a private course and one of our city courses (closest to my property) was mismanaged it would directly improve turnout to my private course
            c) approved by the club or the board? (I'm not sure one way or another)
            d) against park department rules and regulations
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

            Comment


            • You can't defend a group that is clearly violating the rules and putting our local courses in jeopardy. Plain and simple. Let noo amount of haze cloud this fact. Poor leadership could be very costly.
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

              Comment


              • Membership Renewals are Approved

                Gentlemen, you are all off topic here. This thread is for notifying the public of times and dates that the SDGA will be meeting. Please take this discussion to a more appropriate thread.

                Thanks, that being said, I found out from our Secretary that while we cannot solicit new memberships at our upcoming meeting on April 2, 2013, we can however renew memberships. The meeting at the Shadle Park Library is scheduled from 5:45 to 7:45pm. If you wish to renew your SDGA Membership I'll be at the Library to open the room at 5:15pm, I'll see you there.
                Last edited by Wobbly Bob; March 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM. Reason: Added information
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  Gentlemen, you are all off topic here. This thread is for notifying the public of times and dates that the SDGA will be meeting. Please take this discussion to a more appropriate thread.

                  Thanks, that being said, I found out from our Secretary that while we cannot solicit new memberships at our upcoming meeting on April 2, 2013, we can however renew memberships. The meeting at the Shadle Park Library is scheduled from 5:45 to 7:45pm. If you wish to renew your SDGA Membership I'll be at the Library to open the room at 5:15pm, I'll see you there.
                  Thank you Bob for being the voice of reason that we are clearly needing. I think this thread has mostly ran (and then some) its lifespan. So... yes... hope to see you all there April 2!!!!
                  -

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                    Gentlemen, you are all off topic here. This thread is for notifying the public of times and dates that the SDGA will be meeting. Please take this discussion to a more appropriate thread.

                    Thanks, that being said, I found out from our Secretary that while we cannot solicit new memberships at our upcoming meeting on April 2, 2013, we can however renew memberships. The meeting at the Shadle Park Library is scheduled from 5:45 to 7:45pm. If you wish to renew your SDGA Membership I'll be at the Library to open the room at 5:15pm, I'll see you there.
                    That's an official answer to the discussion. If these words were written on a different page would you have had anything to say Robert? I realize just as many that have gotten involved in the past, that you and Gordy do what you want. No matter the city's position or the club member's. With that being said, as you were.. Please don't lose the course though, that would be worse than silly pin placements that don't have approval.
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

                    Comment

                    Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X