X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

I appreciate the early notice for this meeting. Thanks very much Dana!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
      You must be a current SDGA member to attend. If you are not currently a member, you may purchase or renew your membership at the door. Hope to see you there!
      You're forcing people to be a member just to attend...really!?!?

What if someone was interested in joing the club but not ready to commit just yet? I'm just playing devils advocate here. NIDGC meetings are open to all that way people who may be on the fence can make up there mind, or just see what we have going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottW View Post
        You're forcing people to be a member just to attend...really!?!?

What if someone was interested in joing the club but not ready to commit just yet? I'm just playing devils advocate here. NIDGC meetings are open to all that way people who may be on the fence can make up there mind, or just see what we have going on.
        I believe there are plenty of other ways to find out what is going on with the SDGA if you aren't ready, willing, or able to commit to a $20 annual membership.

A few easy ones...
        1. Read the meeting notes that will be published here shortly after the meeting.
        2. Attend one of the many events (weeklies, fundraisers, and PDGA sanctioned tournaments) that the SDGA will be hosting out at our beautiful public and private courses in the Spokane area. There will be plenty of opportunities to speak with members and board members alike to find out what is going on.
        3. Our Facebook page will become much more active soon, another great source of information.

We apologize if you feel like we are forcing your hand to join, but we felt that these member meetings should be attended by, well, members. It's not like we are hosting a public forum where we are "asking" you to join by men in black suits and ties. (or green ones for that matter)
        Last edited by Simmeltron; March 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM. Reason: cleanup
        -

Comment

• I do agree with SDGA making their meetings for members only, but having the meeting in a public place gives me pause. Is it legal to do this in Washington?
          "Please throw away or pack out your garbage--except for glow stick litter."

Comment

• Still good daylight

The meeting starts at 5:30. Maybe getting in another round at HB or DR would be a better use of the early evening.

Comment

• The SDGA can be joined by any person regardless of their sex, color, creed, religion, hair color or whatever. All you need to do is pay the yearly membership dues of $20. What you get for that $20 is the right to vote for Board Members, run for a Board position if you desire, attend member meetings, the opportunity to play disc golf 365 days a year, help do volunteer work on maintenance and upkeep at Highbridge and Downriver. And my personal favorite, pick up the trash that a large number of non-members leave behind. I'm no attorney but anyone can reserve the meeting room at the library at no cost to their respective group. Does that mean that meeting has to be open to the public? I don't think so. Could we open the meeting to the public? Of course we could and have done so in the past.

Anyway I digress, maybe Gordy's idea of throwing another round at Downriver would be a better use of our time. I'll second that motion, all in favor......
              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I believe there are plenty of other ways to find out what is going on with the SDGA if you aren't ready, willing, or able to commit to a $20 annual membership.

A few easy ones...
                1. Read the meeting notes that will be published here shortly after the meeting.
                2. Attend one of the many events (weeklies, fundraisers, and PDGA sanctioned tournaments) that the SDGA will be hosting out at our beautiful public and private courses in the Spokane area. There will be plenty of opportunities to speak with members and board members alike to find out what is going on.
                3. Our Facebook page will become much more active soon, another great source of information.

We apologize if you feel like we are forcing your hand to join, but we felt that these member meetings should be attended by, well, members. It's not like we are hosting a public forum where we are "asking" you to join by men in black suits and ties. (or green ones for that matter)
                Well put....

Comment

• To be, or not to be, a member...

If Wobbly Bob's reasons were not clearly enough reason to join, or if you are looking for, wanting, or feel the need for more of an incentive to joining the SDGA (aside from all the work that the club does for Downriver and High Bridge which the members dues contribute to), and are interested in playing in the Lilac City Open, a high profile A/B tier event this coming May, here's one....

The SDGA, in sponsorship of the 2013 Lilac City Open, will be awarding TWO paid entries to the LCO, one Pro ($110) and one Am ($40-85) entry. To enter, you simply need to attend one of the two LCO fundraisers (next, and final one, being April 7th at Four Mound) AND be a current SDGA member.
                  -

Comment

• Hey, I found out some info:

"All activities in the Library’s meeting rooms must be open to the public, with the exception of certain City, County, State or Federal Government meetings and must be in keeping with the Mission and Goals of the Library. All must be held at no charge to the public."

Source:

http://www.spokanelibrary.org/index....e=meetingrooms

I'd just like to reiterate that I do support the idea of making meetings for club members only, but using a public place to do that might not be the best idea. Sorry, I don't mean to be bothersome, I'm just saying what I think is right.
                    Last edited by White Walls; March 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM.
                    "Please throw away or pack out your garbage--except for glow stick litter."

Comment

• The Anchors that have been recently installed at Downriver are in a public place and they aren't with proper parks department approval. Is that legal?
                      Relax and enjoy your hair
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by White Walls View Post

http://www.spokanelibrary.org/index....e=meetingrooms

I'd just like to reiterate that I do support the idea of making meetings for club members only, but using a public place to do that might not be the best idea. Sorry, I don't mean to be bothersome, I'm just saying what I think is right.
                        Thanks for the information.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• White Walls, thanks for the excellent find. It seems that the SDGA will have to move to private walls to keep club business private. I would be a club member and I will be a club member as soon as the debt the SDGA and it's 28 UNANIMOUS voting members is paid to it's sister club DGU is paid. I know of quite a few other members that feel the same way.
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            The SDGA can be joined by any person regardless of their sex, color, creed, religion, hair color or whatever.
                            Yeah, I don't know why you guys kept shooting down my "No Canadians" suggestion. It would keep the club pure.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• SDGA 4/2 Member Meeting Update

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                              There will be an SDGA Member Meeting held on Tuesday, April 2nd. It will be held at the Spokane Public Library in Shadle Park (click for location) from 5:30pm - 7:45pm.
                              Thanks to the crack team of NWDGN members, we have a couple updates for the upcoming meeting on April 2.

1) Memberships will NOT be sold at the library. You may contact Bob before or after the meeting if you are interested in a membership. He is available at 509-991-1807 between the hours of 8am and 10pm. If he cannot answer, please leave a message.

2) The meeting will be open to the PUBLIC.
                              -

Comment

Thanks to the crack team of NWDGN members, we have a couple updates for the upcoming meeting on April 2.

1) Memberships will NOT be sold at the library. You may contact Bob before or after the meeting if you are interested in a membership. He is available at 509-991-1807 between the hours of 8am and 10pm. If he cannot answer, please leave a message.

2) The meeting will be open to the PUBLIC.
                                One additional condition should be considered.

Considering this is a public place each person member or not should be respectful of both the club and the library. The Library has rules of conduct and just because your in a public place does not give you the right to disrupt the meeting being held in one of it's rooms. If you do act up you will be asked to leave member or not. If you smell of alcohol or weed don't bother attending. If it gets to out of hand the library can call the police.

Jeremy What is this debt you claim is owed by SDGA to DGU.

Is it the memberships Gordy returned to the individuals members? If so It their decisions if they join your club or not. it was not SDGA's responsibility as to what each person did with their refunded club memberships nor their right to directly transfer it to you.
                                Is it the funding of the course? It is my understanding that as soon as you provide the club with receipts for the overpriced baskets you purchased. They will release the funds. My suggestion is to release them to the Parks foundation not to the club directly. I would hate to see the funds be misappropriated.

Swing and a miss on the anchors though, It seems to me you as the new club don't deserve the all considerations extended to the SDGA for 12+ years of community outreach. Think of it like a ledger black numbers are credits, red are debits. The SDGA has plenty of black ink, DGU not so much. You may have earned some of the black ink but you can't take it with you.

Earn your way it's much more satisfying
                                Last edited by LJ Jubner; March 22nd, 2013, 06:50 AM. Reason: added thought
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X