X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I would have to agree here also. Stimpi and I have been friends for years now. I remember back in 02 (and since) the many conversations we had about the Dream property that is Camp Sekani.

Jeremy You should be disappointed by Jeff's actions. Once he took it upon himself to work on this project, he excused himself of any responsibilities as the club steward. Again, I suggest if Jeff wants to be the club rep for course installations he should run for the Facilities position on the board.

This does ask the question why Facilities was kept out of the loop?

As a far s Maka goes The club wants nothing to do with him. The way this worked out is straight out of the Maka playbook. "I need to be the one who resurrects DG in Spokane". But when he realized he was not going to ramrod projects and PROFIT off DG, he quit! Besides, wouldn't it be prudent to have a current member chair this meeting?

So my question is
    Why would you really want a proven quitter to head such an important meeting about such an important project?
    Jub, You know nothing. You make up things. I refuse to even include you in this discussion. I still love you though.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
      Since the news of Sekani opening to us a few weeks ago the Board has made three attempts to meet. Jeff has no interest in working this back through the Club or its Board. We are trying and trying to get Jeff to see that this is a Club project, not his. We continue to point out that the appointments he makes and the liberties he takes are not his to solely decide. Consensus takes time and is usually painful but this property deserves a fair shake.
      As for the meeting announcement; It came out Monday for a meeting on Thursday. Thanksgiving is next week. I'll be there tonight with my membership card in hand. Gordy SDGA Member #1
      It most certainly did not come out Monday. You may have talked about it on Monday but it wasn't announced on Monday to the club. That is still less than what is known as proper notice. Just because you have done nothing club wise all summer long doesn't mean you can jerk everybody around like you did this time a year, last year. You are making things difficult for all of your club members and you do not seem to show the best intentions of operating a club in a proper matter. Meetings should be planned a week ahead at the bare minimum. I would plan them 2-4 weeks out since we RARELY have them anyway. Is this crazy request asking that our officers use to much common sense? Sort of like running elections and than conducting the speeches for the candidates? Or not having a club meeting for 8 months? Or asking that your club vote and figure out an issue (Downriver redesign) and than just doing what you want?
      You have told me on two or three occasions that Tom Schott is one of your good friends. When I was at the World Championships last year near Chicago I ran into Tom and he told me to let you personally know that he would love to have you come down for this years worlds in Santa Cruz. He has also been to your property before and played what you called big money games with you. On this very Forum you act like you don't know him and that somehow he found out about this project through Stimpi. Such a freaking JOKE!!!! You try and manipulate around every corner and then point a finger at Jeff? Jeff has been trying to get a good course in that we can play and do fundraisers on and you act like he is about to set fire to the place?

Why don't you fix Downriver and then get back to us... The course that you and Jason Denver and perhaps Tripp and a couple others designed. The only holes I designed in the city other than the ones at peoples, are at High Bridge.. Long 13, 14, 15, 2 and 6 Corey Davis, Stimpi, and Jerry Gower all designed different chunks of that course.
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Jub, I will reply to one of your quips.. should be enough for you to realize where you are at.. Maka is a current club member.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• De La is dangerous!!! I have 2 friends from Santa Cruz, between the 2 of them they have had to get stitches 3 times. I've been hit hard twice, once in the shoulder and the other time in the leg. Only been there 60 times or so. You cannot dare me not to question what I know. The reason that you can play Dela in a tourney is because of spotters. You go there and play casual golf, especially on a weekend. I pray you don't get decapitated!! It is scary!!!!
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Jeremy,
            We (Spokane disc golfers) would like to feel more included in this project.

You may have reasons to disagree with our suggestions and I assume many are valid reasons at that.
            Instead you are dismissing many suggestions by attacking the individuals who speak up.
            These personal attacks are not gaining favor.

Jeff and you have made it quite obvious (through your comments and actions) that you are not eager to work with our local communities...

This is, quite simply, an issue for many people.

I hope this issue can be resolved through reasonable communication and some sort of compromise.
            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

• I thought the meeting went well. Emotions often ran high, but everyone kept their cool and the discussions were pertinent.
              No motions were presented, nor votes held, due to the meeting being held in an Over-21 establishment and all members couldn't, legally, be present, not to mention the members who may need to bring young'uns to the meeting.
              The one thing agreed upon by all present was the announcement of another Members Meeting to be held on Wednesday, November 30th, at 7:00pm, at a Family establishment to be announced later.
              From what I understand, the topic of said meeting will be the future of the Camp Sekani Disc Golf Course property. The club membership, and the Board, will discuss a direction to proceed, and appoint a Project Manager to oversee the clubs wishes for the development of this property, from design to completion. Duties would include being a liaison between all concerned agencies (SDGA, Park Dept, Bike Club, Beacon Hill Agenda folks, etc..) assisting the Designer(s), organizing work parties, and more I suppose. So I think we should gather many members together for the meeting and see what direction we want to take with this promising area.
              Thanks to all who showed up tonight.
              We even drew Jack Wardian over from North Idaho. Thanks for coming, Jack.

Comment

• Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                Jeremy,
                We (Spokane disc golfers) would like to feel more included in this project.

You may have reasons to disagree with our suggestions and I assume many are valid reasons at that.
                Instead you are dismissing many suggestions by attacking the individuals who speak up.
                These personal attacks are not gaining favor.

Jeff and you have made it quite obvious (through your comments and actions) that you are not eager to work with our local communities...

This is, quite simply, an issue for many people.

I hope this issue can be resolved through reasonable communication and some sort of compromise.
                Please include an example of a valid suggestion that I have dismissed. All I can figure out is that I've been blamed for doing something wrong which I haven't done. I have set up a temporary course that we can use to raise money for our new land. I am not excluding anybody from coming down and helping and giving suggestions or even figuring out there own thing. There are no victims here except for people that are putting themselves in the position as the victim. People are acting as if I have built a huge moat around the park and its off limits to anybody else.

Nothing is set in concrete, buckets are set on wooden stands, the earth is still spinning and Jeff just got the parks department to give us 57 acres. effectively doubling our land that we were given.

If you would like to hear more you can call me and/ or come down to check it out with me and show me what you are thinking. This is a club project. The bike people are quickly expanding and our presence will stop them from moving further towards our area.

There are a lot of factors that are coming together quite rapidly. If you want to come up with your own, or a you and a buddy's design, please by all means do so. I want the best possible course's that uses our land the best possible way.

I have been hard at this design because I want to play 7 minutes from my house instead of driving across town. I haven't played a round at DR or HB in over a month.

I could easily see this land ending up like High Bridge where we use 4 different peoples (or groups of people) ideas in order to make the best of what we have. I could see somebody designing a course and us only using 5 of their holes but using most of the flow from their design.
                Last edited by Yoduh; November 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM. Reason: mispoke
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                  I have set up a temporary course that we can use to raise money for our new land. I am not excluding anybody from coming down and helping and giving suggestions or even figuring out there own thing.

Nothing is set in concrete, buckets are set on wooden stands, the earth is still spinning and Jeff just got the parks department to give us 57 acres. effectively doubling our land that we were given.
                  I for one am grateful that something is actually being done. I liked most of what I saw the other day (only had time to check out 2/3 of the lower course).

Is there a possibility of posting a map of the current proposed layout?

Comment

• Upcoming Member Meeting

One of the things we were able to get ironed out last night was to set the date for our next member meeting.

We will be meeting on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 @ 7 pm. The location has not been selected as of yet but it will be a family friendly setting.

Watch this thread for the location announcement.
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• I am very dissapointed with the reports I've heard back from the meeting regarding the way it was chaired. We are in a better place now but there was a SERIOUS lack of leadership in chairing the meeting. For further meetings a chairman allows each member to speak. If one member addresses another member with a question. That member should be allowed to answer the question fully before another member is called onto speak. SNIDE comments should not be allowed and asking question upon question without allowing the person to finish their answers, is not how a proper meeting should be ran.

With all that being said I think we found a common ground and there was an understanding that was reached. I am very excited about this huge new chunk of land that Jeff has brought us and it will make coming up with a design a much easier process.
                      Last edited by Yoduh; November 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM. Reason: the cheers didn't transfer over
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• I just called Round Table on Francis and they said they are booked on November 30th, so we need to find another all ages venue for this upcoming open meeting.

The other venues that I've heard suggested are 5 Mile Pizza but it can get very loud there, and the Hills restaurant downtown but the room there might not be large enough if a lot of people show up. I thought Luigi's was a good place but I guess others didn't like it for some reason.

Any suggestions for an all ages place with a room that can comfortably seat 20-30 people where everyone can easily hear the meeting?
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• November 30th meeting!!!

Has anyone contacted the West Central Community Center?
                          Seems that they are centrally located and open to the community... thus the name.

I have another question too, why are we in such a rush to get Sakani done THIS WINTER?
                          We are about to elect a new Facilites Coordinator... shouldn't they have some say in the most major facilities project that will be mostly done during their two-year term?

As a result, I would also like to propose that we start the Nomination Process at the NOV 30th meeting, maybe it will kick start the Election Process.
                          This also gives the club a full month to consider nominees and their perspectives before the new year. Maybe a follow-up election meeting can be planned, as well... hopefully scheduled for a January date?
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

• What'sthe hurry? Probably none.

Originally posted by jshrack View Post

I have another question too, why are we in such a rush to get Sakani done THIS WINTER?
                            Jeremy and JD expressed the need for haste as being driven by the bicycle club. Apparently the parks dept boundaries are ambiguous and subject to "land grabs". I suspect this may be overcome by a solid relationship with the Parks Dept, and their desire for disc golf in this area to curtail the bikers, somewhat.

Comment

• Simpi is correct. Our club rushed and put in 9 holes, and our course was set up at High Bridge. The goal of the holes were to take up as much land as could be taken with the amount of funds that the club had in it's account. This is pre four mounds. I spent quite a bit of time designing possible layouts for a really tough 18 hole layout. It would also play as a very fun 27 holes course that had every single shot from 160ft and out. with multiple tee-pads. Corey Davis helped me out and it was a really good design. Would have been the coolest concept. Could have played a 23 hole course with par 4 par 4's or an 18 with 6 par 4's. I raised $1200 by holding 3 High Bridge Teasers and another $350 from 6 one round summer evening events. The others that were competing never materialized and a year later we secured the last 9 and they were installed in the exact same month that I went to California, again.

This scenario is almost the exact same as the others except I am not going to California and that there is a very real competitor for our land.

The park manager gives us things in private conversations and than tells others that they can have what he's given to us and vice versa. This is not a problem with our relationship with him is in my opinion much closer to being his personality. He seems like a really good guy, I think that he has so much on his plate that it is hard to keep what he says straight between the 3 main competing entity's. The bikers want us to move WAY up on the hill!

We will not have a course low enough to allow family's with kids and newer players to throw on. That hillside is no joke, and there are several generations that would have a very tough time playing it. I think that it is imperative that we move forward as soon as possible. They have a bobcat and they are working long hours developing up there. When I got there at 11:00 today they were working away. When I left at 5:00 they were still working. Hesitation makes a good design that much more difficult as our land where we could possibly be becomes constricted.

I want to thank Stimpi for being honest that he would not be impartial when chairing the meeting. I would like to make sure that it's noted that the board members who voted him to chair the meeting, even after he noted such. Also noted is that we are unscathed right now as a club and that we should begin to pick up steam. Good things are in place to happen at Camp Sakani. Our club needs to be proactive. There is a need for haste and we already have a very good relationship with parks.
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• It was announced on Nov 17that there would be at meeting on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 @ 7 pm. Today is the 28th , Watch this thread for the location announcement?,, o k
                                I sense a pattern here

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X