X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want fresh air Gordy you should go play these sweet new courses at Camp Sakani..
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• This meeting should be a dry meeting!!! People have a tendency to talk more and listen less with alchohol involved. Wait for after the meeting to enjoy the spirits people!
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
        He sure didn't ask on my half.. Besides there is nothing in the Charter that allows for a member to chair a meeting. It is the presidents job.. If you want to change the charter that's whole different can of worms. Its going to take a whole entire meeting to fix that.. Are we throwing the rules out and making our own? If so I will take over the Public Relations job for the time being on behalf of the club.
        There is nothing about the President chairing a meeting either.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• First off, according the the charter, the president's only responsibility is to coordinate the efforts of the board.
          Secondly, Jeff seems to be circumventing the efforts of the board rather than coordinating them... thus the reason for the meeting.

Stimpi has supported SPOKANE DISC GOLF as long as ANYONE in this community.
          Stimpi has shown, again and again, that his primary interest is progressing DISC GOLF.

Could the club have a better person as chair/moderator?

PS. The instigation of a DRY MEETING seems like and idea long in the making, I think this is a wonderful suggestion.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

• I like the idea of Stimpi chairing the meeting, especially since he has volunteered his time and effort to do so.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• I think the only people allowed to run a club meeting should be people that are impartial. I also think that this is very close to election time and if you were to chair a meeting you should not be somebody interested in gaining an SDGA office seat. So If you can be impartial and you just want to help out..

Shrack.. The reason for the meeting is to discuss Camp Sakani. There was never any mention by Bob that the meeting is because Jeff has some how circumvented the board. Don't let your imagination get the best of you...
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Shrack. I think Maka would be a better choice in this instance because he doesn't know what's going on at all. He is interested in finding out and hasn't made a decision such as what Stimpi has on this Forum. He has also not belittled people nor ridiculed people. Not something I want to see in a "Moderator". To me and to most people I think a moderator is somebody who is trying to find out what everybody thinks. They haven't already made up their mind. Sort of like the moderators from the news agency's during presidential debates. Stimpi has clearly stated his mind and I think this makes him a clear cutHORRIBLE choice for a moderator.
                Last edited by Yoduh; November 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM. Reason: Spellin
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• I just heard that there is an email going to some disc golfers noting that there will be a club meeting Tomorrow. Heard it was received today. Dr. Mike Melkers was extremely disappointed that only one days notice was given and wondered why this had happened. I myself never got an email and I wonder who else in the club who hadn't got the email. Maybe I should take over that PR job Bob. BTW I just checked the page where Bob asked for emails and mine is on there twice.
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I just heard that there is an email going to some disc golfers noting that there will be a club meeting Tomorrow. Heard it was received today. Dr. Mike Melkers was extremely disappointed that only one days notice was given and wondered why this had happened. I myself never got an email and I wonder who else in the club who hadn't got the email. Maybe I should take over that PR job Bob. BTW I just checked the page where Bob asked for emails and mine is on there twice.
                    Yes, your email address is listed in the club email list. However, the club email tool is broken and cannot be used. I sent out a reminder to those disc golfers in my personal contacts list. If I had a current membership list I would have emailed those people about the meeting. You didn't receive an email because you are not in my personal contacts.
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• Maka has stated multiple times that he doesn't want a thing to do with the SDGA... why would he chair a meeting?

And yes, the meeting is about Camp Sakani, which is a project that the CLUB would like to take over with the help of Tom Schott... Is Jeff coordinating those efforts or circumventing them???

I also talked to the Mountain Bike club president, on the course, the other day. He and a buddy were finishing the cutting of a trail and jumps that were about 25-35ft away from one of our baskets... He shared his discontent and worries for the current set-up. He also let us know that he expressed this to Jeff and was met with indifference.
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

• Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                        Maka has stated multiple times that he doesn't want a thing to do with the SDGA... why would he chair a meeting?

And yes, the meeting is about Camp Sakani, which is a project that the CLUB would like to take over with the help of Tom Schott... Is Jeff coordinating those efforts or circumventing them???

I also talked to the Mountain Bike club president, on the course, the other day. He and a buddy were finishing the cutting of a trail and jumps that were about 25-35ft away from one of our baskets... He shared his discontent and worries for the current set-up. He also let us know that he expressed this to Jeff and was met with indifference.
                        The CLUB Wants Tom Schott???????????? Didn't see a vote anywhere about that.. Sounds like something that Gordy and Bob and perhaps Steve and a couple others but they hardly make up the whole entire club..... Jeff has been working with the bike people. Their President was with us during our meeting as was another Mountain Bike representative who also happens to be a disc golfer. We went over every hole location hole by hole. We were approved to be where we are by the trail people, the Bike People and the director of the project for the city of Spokane.

Speaking of danger and Tom Schott if you happen to think that Downriver is a somewhat dangerous place to play you should go play De La Veaga.. It's a beautiful place with great shots and certain stitches and concussions waiting to happen. I hope nobody dies there, or at Downriver for that matter.

The Club wanted to and voted to fix Downriver. What happen to that. I think it's more dangerous now than it was 2 years ago.
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Parks View Post
                          I like the idea of Stimpi chairing the meeting, especially since he has volunteered his time and effort to do so.
                          I would have to agree here also. Stimpi and I have been friends for years now. I remember back in 02 (and since) the many conversations we had about the Dream property that is Camp Sekani.

Jeremy You should be disappointed by Jeff's actions. Once he took it upon himself to work on this project, he excused himself of any responsibilities as the club steward. Again, I suggest if Jeff wants to be the club rep for course installations he should run for the Facilities position on the board.

This does ask the question why Facilities was kept out of the loop?

As a far s Maka goes The club wants nothing to do with him. The way this worked out is straight out of the Maka playbook. "I need to be the one who resurrects DG in Spokane". But when he realized he was not going to ramrod projects and PROFIT off DG, he quit! Besides, wouldn't it be prudent to have a current member chair this meeting?

So my question is
                          Why would you really want a proven quitter to head such an important meeting about such an important project?
                          rewindb.com

Comment

• As somebody who has played several Tom Schott courses I can say that I have played several questionable holes that he has designed. If you as a club member are thinking that having him come and design a course that somehow doesn't have dangerous places on it than you do not understand the nature of disc golf or the nature of the elevation and the thin trees on these hills. Also, what has been designed is not permanent. Anybody can come up and help and add input and work. I have no clue why we as a club would want to give a project to somebody who does not have the time to design our complex properly.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Letting go

Since the news of Sekani opening to us a few weeks ago the Board has made three attempts to meet. Jeff has no interest in working this back through the Club or its Board. We are trying and trying to get Jeff to see that this is a Club project, not his. We continue to point out that the appointments he makes and the liberties he takes are not his to solely decide. Consensus takes time and is usually painful but this property deserves a fair shake.
                              As for the meeting announcement; It came out Monday for a meeting on Thursday. Thanksgiving is next week. I'll be there tonight with my membership card in hand. Gordy SDGA Member #1

Comment

The CLUB Wants Tom Schott???????????? Didn't see a vote anywhere about that.. Sounds like something that Gordy and Bob and perhaps Steve and a couple others but they hardly make up the whole entire club..... Jeff has been working with the bike people. Their President was with us during our meeting as was another Mountain Bike representative who also happens to be a disc golfer. We went over every hole location hole by hole. We were approved to be where we are by the trail people, the Bike People and the director of the project for the city of Spokane..
                                It seems he has worked with everyone but the board. Who does he really work for? himself? A few members? or the members who elected him.

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                                The CLUB Wants Tom Schott???????????? Didn't see a vote anywhere about that.. Speaking of danger and Tom Schott if you happen to think that Downriver is a somewhat dangerous place to play you should go play De La Veaga.. It's a beautiful place with great shots and certain stitches and concussions waiting to happen. I hope nobody dies there, or at Downriver for that matter. The Club wanted to and voted to fix Downriver. What happen to that. I think it's more dangerous now than it was 2 years ago.
                                Jeremy
                                Don't you claim to be one of the Original Downriver Designers? Did you not have the same concerns then or is it because so many more people are playing DG might be the reason?

the rest of this seems more like grasping at straws to me. Tom Schot is one of the premier course designers in DG. And the belittling of the hallowed halls that are De La you should be ashamed. The pDGA had no qualms about De La hosting worlds last summer and yet you do.
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X