X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDGA Elections (from Downriver forum)

At the SDGA Open meeting last night nominations were taken for the Board positions that will be vacated at the end of this year.
    • Lyle Parks was nominated for Secretary
    • Christopher Re' was nominated for Facilities Coordinator
    • Jon Verbarg was nominated for Steward

Any 2010 SDGA member may nominate any 2010 SDGA member for one of these three Board positions.

To nominate someone for a Board position (you can nominate yourself if you wish), email your nomination to Bob Perrewe at bobperrewe@hotmail.com. The deadline for submitting nominations is midnight on Dec. 31, 2009.

The SDGA has set election day as Jan. 11, 2010 and we will vote at the Open meeting held at Stadium Pizza at 6:00 pm. Absentee voting procedure will be posted here by the end of the upcoming weekend.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
    At the SDGA Open meeting last night nominations were taken for the Board positions that will be vacated at the end of this year.

Any 2010 SDGA member may nominate any 2010 SDGA member for one of these three Board positions.

To nominate someone for a Board position (you can nominate yourself if you wish), email your nomination to Bob Perrewe at bobperrewe@hotmail.com. The deadline for submitting nominations is midnight on Dec. 31, 2009.

The SDGA has set election day as Jan. 11, 2010 and we will vote at the Open meeting held at Stadium Pizza at 6:00 pm. Absentee voting procedure will be posted here by the end of the upcoming weekend.
    Since the nominations take place entirely in '09 will the current '09 members be able to make nominations? If someone is not presently current or renewed I assume they would have to get current or renewed to ; a. nominate someone and, b. be eligible for election. To simplify, Clubbers only can nominate, Clubbers only can vote in the election, and Clubbers only can stand for election. G.

Comment

Yes 09 members may nominate, but cannot vote.

Comment

Yes 09 members may nominate, but cannot vote.
        The folks who renew or join up for 2010 will vote in the 2010 election. Hopefully this will help increase renewals; it did last year. we had about 34 renewals by election day. So far , as of Wed 12/16, there were 15 paid and confirmed renewals ($300). This pays for exactly half of Members' custom disc cost. ( 15 more renewals and we'll be even) These members who have paid up and are due a custom disc are; Anthony Beam, Joe Barrett,Darrin Case, Gordy Crafts, Shad Clark, Heidi Clark, Wild Bill Edwards, Gregg Kurtz, Ron Thomas, Deron Van Soest, Zac Van Soest, Tim 2X Nevins, Tom Crafts, Joe Royer, and Jaymie 'Junglecat' Crafts. Thank you very much Kevin For getting these renewals .Thank you all for getting your renewals in early. The custom SDGA 2010 Gateway putter is a keeper for sure and there are 85 left for Kevin to reach his goal of 100 members for 2010! So get it up, folks, and join up so we can get busy with all the projects we have on tap for the coming year. Gordy.

Comment

I renewed and got my member's disc today.

Its a sweeeeeeeeet SS Wizard.

I believe there are also Voodoos, Warlocks, and one other disc. Kevin said a Magnet, but that's not a Gateway putter D:
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

do we need to pick up our disc's somewhere? if so where?
            Work is for people that dont golf!!!!!

Comment

Hey Bob said I was paid. After paying the non fee twicethis last year.
              rewindb.com

Comment

I said paid for 2009. I'm not the secretary of membership anyway. So don't listen to me.

Comment

I paid twice for 2009 then. Can you forward this on to Kevin please. Thanks HH jub
                  rewindb.com

Comment

That's what they all say

Hey Bob said I was paid. After paying the non fee twice this last year.
                    What non fee are you talking about??
                    I haven't been the membership secretary for a year. I know that in past years when you gave me some cash towards sponsorship for a tournament I gave you a membership. Membership policy (under Bob) used to be that if you donated $50 to one of our tournament, you got a $20 membership. I don't think that Kevin has continued that policy. I checked my sponsorship records for 2009 and you donated $10 to the LCO and I don't have you down for anything for City Cup. I can't comp you a membership for 2010 because I'm not in charge of the membership records anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                      I paid twice for 2009 then. Can you forward this on to Kevin please. Thanks HH jub
                      Jub, I'd have to go with Bob on this one. I have had a chance to speak with Kevin about continuing granting a membership or renewal to an individual who contributes to an SDGA event at the $50 cash level. I believe when the Board or the Membership meets again that this topic will come up and will likely be re-adopted. Its a good way to encourage/reward event sponsorship and at the same time build membership interest. I'm for it and I'm sure Bob, Kevin and Jaymie would be too. While I don't think Jub made the criteria for 2010 I'm sure there are some others who have. Gordy.

Comment

SDGA Elections

There are 10 days left to nominate 2010 SDGA members for positions on the Board. The positions up for election are;
                        • Steward
                        • Secretary
                        • Facilities Coordinator
                        This is your chance to make a difference.

Comment

Your killin me here chef
                          rewindb.com

Comment

nomination

i Ashley nominate Eric Brown for Facilities Coordinator
                            i also nominate Jeff Crum for Steward

Comment

Late nomination procedure & Absentee voting

Please find procedures in attachment below.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X