Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDGA 2014 Election Nominations/Info

Greetings,
    It is once again time to open nominations for the following SDGA Board Member positions. This election cycle incudes the following: President, Secretary and Facilities Coordinator. Please take note of the following procedural timelines and act according to your best nature. Please see the attached charter document for office descriptions.

1.) Nominations for the above vacancies open as soon as this post generates and must be made on this thread. You can nominate your own personage but will need an active member "second" to be eligible. You must formally accept the nomination and acknowledge your "second" on this very thread to be considered a valid candidate.

2.) Voter and nomination eligibilty is contingent upon current 2014 membership in SDGA.

3.) Early Renewal and new Membership applications for 2014 are being accepted as of now. Copies of the application form is available as an attached document in this message. Feel free to call Bob Perrewe at 509-991-1807 and he will be happy to help help get you signed up.

4.) We aim to close nominations at 11:59 PM on 1/17/14. This signifies the end of early renewals. Only early renewals will be sent a mail in ballot. Otherwise, you must attend the election to cast your vote.

5.) Mail in ballots will be mailed out to all current members by 1/24/14.

6.) Only returned mail in ballots postmarked by 2/7/14 will be considered valid. You may also bring your ballot to the election and vote in person if you so desire.

7.) The election will held on 2/11/13 at 7 PM. Location to be determined.

Look around your courses and see the improvements that the SDGA has made over the last 18 months. It may not be all everyone wanted but know we still have the resources to make more stuff happen. There IS more to come and you can be an active part of it! Get involved if you are able. Pay back what you can to the best sport to come along since... well, FOREVER!

Tim Nevins
    President, SDGA
    -

Nice work SDGA PR Crew. I was hoping I'd be able to spring for a few renewals as stocking stuffers by Christmas. Have a Jolly HoHo. G.

Comment

SDGA membership? is that <, >,= a lump of coal
      rewindb.com

Comment

Instead of buying peoples membership, Why don't you get the LOST receipts from Bob and finish paying me what I am owed . It was nice of bob to get the membership paperwork back (which had ALL the receipt's YOU asked me to keep track of ) and then for some odd reason couldn't find them when I asked about them . But you were ok paying me HALF of what I spent to make the course look good and Bob some how FOUND the receipts AFTER LCO 2013 but yet you people STILL have not settled this account !

Comment

I couldn't reserve the Shadle Library Public Meeting Room for Jan.14, 2014. I was able to get the Hillyard Library Meeting Room reserved for Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014.
          Meet the candidates for this years 3 open Board Positions. Or if your so inclined throw your hat into the ring and become an active part of the SDGA.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Greetings All,

I would like the opportunity to run for office. I would like to nominate myself Derek R. Cartwright Sr. for President.
            Last edited by MaDsKiLLzz; January 8th, 2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaDsKiLLzz View Post
              Greetings All,

I would like the opportunity to run for office. I would like to nominate myself Derek R. Cartwright Sr. for President.

I second MaDskiLLzz running for President.

Comment

Joe, When we were working on tee-boxes at Downriver last spring I tried to clear up gas expenses and other expenses you incurred while working with Urban Forestry, bark spreading and gravel spreading. I issued you a check from SDGA for $75 ......Bob did get invoices from you but they have been lost. If expenses from your invoices included materials for Membersdhip Secretaries' materials , let's try to reconstruct that and get you reimbursed. Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                  Joe, When we were working on tee-boxes at Downriver last spring I tried to clear up gas expenses and other expenses you incurred while working with Urban Forestry, bark spreading and gravel spreading. I issued you a check from SDGA for $75 ......Bob did get invoices from you but they have been lost. If expenses from your invoices included materials for Membersdhip Secretaries' materials , let's try to reconstruct that and get you reimbursed. Gordy
                  Gordy ,either you are lying to me or Bob is OR the both of you are( I think the both of you ) ,I was told the invoices were FOUND and that you have them . Also WHY did it take you 6 months to try and clear up the account, For 3 years I took care of the garbage cans ( buying the bags to replace them) Laid gravel and bark down for the people to walk instead of the mud ,helped the Urban Forestry trim some of the trees at downriver ,painted and repaired the tee signs and benches as best that I could . Yet you and the board members decide to have a meeting in "secret" to discuss having me REMOVED from the club . Then you tell people that I had done all this work ON MY OWN without approval from the board ,yet I would call you and bob on a regular basis. I did all the work for the players AND for the city parks dept who say the SDGA HAS NOT followed thru with the UPKEEP of the courses .It took the SDGA 3 years to complete stairs for Highbridge ( which I had to spend 3 hrs filling in gravel because YOU said "we will get it later " so the players HAD to walk AROUND some steps because YOU did not want to stay and finish the job .) I have heard the insults you and the board have said about me and I am not pleased about it !! For three years I HAPPILY did maintenance done at Downriver so that the park would look good WITHOUT asking for money to reimburse me ,UNTILL I wanted to play in the DRO open ,being on a fixed income (but you knew that) I asked politely if I could get some reimbursement so I can go play in the tourney Bob about had a heart attack ,A slave asking for help!! Well that's unheard of ! I could not believe as I sat in your house that the "CLUB" having 10 grand in the bank would have a fit when I asked them for some help in keeping the course clean . Also when I ran the Friday night glo runs the "club" was happy to get my $1 dollar per person fee, but the next year when I asked for help from the club I was told NO we don't want to spend any money .. But it was ok when I SPENT MY money for the players to have some fun and help the club to HAPPILY TAKE THE MONEY I earned doing the glo rounds ... I spent $180.00 in three years keeping Downriver clean and maintained seems pretty cheap to me .. Yet the "CLUB" ( MAINLY YOU ) REFUSE TO SETTLE THIS .. I did not ask for a wage to be paid to me just reimburse me some of the gas and Tools that I purchased out of my pocket for work parties, I spent my time and money cleaning up a park YOU HAD TOLD THE CITY you will take care of ( which you have not done )

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                    Gordy ,either you are lying to me or Bob is OR the both of you are( I think the both of you ) ,I was told the invoices were FOUND and that you have them . Also WHY did it take you 6 months to try and clear up the account, For 3 years I took care of the garbage cans ( buying the bags to replace them) Laid gravel and bark down for the people to walk instead of the mud ,helped the Urban Forestry trim some of the trees at downriver ,painted and repaired the tee signs and benches as best that I could . Yet you and the board members decide to have a meeting in "secret" to discuss having me REMOVED from the club . Then you tell people that I had done all this work ON MY OWN without approval from the board ,yet I would call you and bob on a regular basis. I did all the work for the players AND for the city parks dept who say the SDGA HAS NOT followed thru with the UPKEEP of the courses .It took the SDGA 3 years to complete stairs for Highbridge ( which I had to spend 3 hrs filling in gravel because YOU said "we will get it later " so the players HAD to walk AROUND some steps because YOU did not want to stay and finish the job .) I have heard the insults you and the board have said about me and I am not pleased about it !! For three years I HAPPILY did maintenance done at Downriver so that the park would look good WITHOUT asking for money to reimburse me ,UNTILL I wanted to play in the DRO open ,being on a fixed income (but you knew that) I asked politely if I could get some reimbursement so I can go play in the tourney Bob about had a heart attack ,A slave asking for help!! Well that's unheard of ! I could not believe as I sat in your house that the "CLUB" having 10 grand in the bank would have a fit when I asked them for some help in keeping the course clean . Also when I ran the Friday night glo runs the "club" was happy to get my $1 dollar per person fee, but the next year when I asked for help from the club I was told NO we don't want to spend any money .. But it was ok when I SPENT MY money for the players to have some fun and help the club to HAPPILY TAKE THE MONEY I earned doing the glo rounds ... I spent $180.00 in three years keeping Downriver clean and maintained seems pretty cheap to me .. Yet the "CLUB" ( MAINLY YOU ) REFUSE TO SETTLE THIS .. I did not ask for a wage to be paid to me just reimburse me some of the gas and Tools that I purchased out of my pocket for work parties, I spent my time and money cleaning up a park YOU HAD TOLD THE CITY you will take care of ( which you have not done )
                    Joe, I'm very sorry if the club still owes you money. I will bring this up in our next meeting and make it a priority to get this made right. You did great work for DR in the past and should not be penalized for it. We will make this right buddy rest assured.

In the meantime, could we please keep this thread on topic for the upcoming elections? Mr Cartwright has thrown in his hat for club pres. Anybody wanna make it interesting and challenge him? We also have the very important position of Facilities Coordinator and Secretary up for grabs if anybody is interested, available, and qualified for the position!
                    -

Comment

Good afternoon all,
                      Just checking in as today is the last day to nominate yourself or somebody else for position of President, Facilities Coordinator, or Secretary.

We had a good member meeting the other night. Jon Verbarg nominated himself for re-election as Facilities Coordinator and it was seconded by myself, Dana Simmelink.

So far we have candidates for President and Facilities Coordinator and still need a candidate for Secretary. If you or someone you know would be a good fit for one of these positions, now is the time to step up to have a real voice in Spokane Disc Golf! It's a great time to be a disc golfer!!
                      Last edited by Simmeltron; January 17th, 2014, 03:45 PM.
                      -

Comment

My Membership is current for 2014 and I would like to nominate Steve Simmons for Secretary. (I believe his Membership is also renewed.)

Comment

I'm thinking that Jaymie Crafts is the perfect candidate for Secretary. She's familiar with the position. She's had a couple of years off. (haha) and She's always at the meetings, anyway, might as well be taking notes. (more haha)
                          I nominate Jaymie for Secretary.

Comment

I nominate Nic Dykeman for the position of Facilities Coordinator.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I second the nomination for Nick Dykeman...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X