Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: SDGA Membership meeting 4/2 TONIGHT!

Reminder:
    There will be an SDGA Member Meeting Tuesday, April 2nd. It will be held at the Spokane Public Library in Shadle Park (click for location) from 5:45pm - 7:45pm.

If you are a past member and wish to renew your membership, you may do so at the door with Bob before the meeting. If you are interested in a new membership, you can talk to him about taking care of that at a later time/place. Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Simmeltron; April 3rd, 2013, 08:00 AM.
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Meeting Minutes

Minutes from Member Meeting - 4/2/2013

Started @ 6:00
    Present: Bob Perewe, Gordy Crafts, Dana Simmelink, Nancy Morgan, Tim Nevins and (Late arrival) Jon Verbarg

Members present: Tom Echelarger, Jaymie Crafts, Drew Brown
    -----------------------------
    Agenda Items:

1. Parks and Req communication ~ Gordy has called and left messages, and P&R has in turn called and left messages. There will eventually be a MOU for the SDGA a time frame is unknown at this point. Jon is working on a timeline/outline to present to P&R of past work and future projects and work on the two courses.

2. Upcoming tournaments. DRRO (Downriver Re-Open) is in full swing on preparation James Maclaughlin of SCC is running this event with assistance from the SDGA. James as requested approximately $1600 for shirts/discs for player packs. The event is to be held April 27, and 28.

3. High Bridge work ~ terracing the face of hole 18 and clearing to be done for another pin placement closer to the bridge. Kevin Sakus is organizing this.

4. Downriver work ~ Now that the 2nd pin placements are installed, new Tee-signs are in progress and will be installed before DRRO. With hope of having the Tee pads of 2, 5, 10 and 14 updated / repaired.

5. DGU basket compensation ~ Attempts have been made to obtain cost of the 4 baskets promised for reimbursement once the course was installed. The DGU must be in compliance with their MOU (Still in process with Parks and Req at last word). If attempts to obtain information required for reimbursement is not given to SDGA, any monies owed may be placed in a Parks Foundation Trust for DGU for Camp Sekani. Tim and Dana will attempt to finalize this effort.

-----------
    Other Items:

Shawna Buzzingham has contacted Gordy concerning fee's for the General Store Open event the first weekend in October. Standard fees will apply of $1 per person per day. If Highbridge and Downriver are only used one day, than only the one day fee will apply. Shawna was requested to contact the Parks Deparment to see if anything further was needed.

Tim spoke to Kevin Sakus concerning any keys for our baskets. Kevin will get any keys that may still be "out".

Jaymie and Gordy have a very nice "Downriver" sign for the park at Four Mound, they will contact the Parks Deparment to see where they would like this sign placed.

Meeting completed 7:40pm
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Awesome!!

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
      Minutes from Member Meeting - 4/2/2013
      Thank you so much for posting these minutes. I really feel like opening this kind of communication will inspire more people to join the club and attend meetings.

I'm sure you will get the few 'people' who will start firing a bunch of questions to the SDGA about the notes and happenings at the meeting....

I would say to that...If you have concerns and questions....attend the next meeting! :-)

Nice job Dana!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
        I'm sure you will get the few 'people' who will start firing a bunch of questions to the SDGA about the notes and happenings at the meeting....

I would say to that...If you have concerns and questions....attend the next meeting! :-)
        Sharing some real wisdom..
        Don't bother asking questions unless you can go to a meeting...
        Pay no attention to man behind the curtain. I am the great and powerful wizard of oz

BTW, thanks for the notes Dana.
        How many people went to the meeting?
        Relax and enjoy your hair
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Yoduh;136289]Sharing some real wisdom..
          QUOTE]

Exactly!! Why throw firebombs and shoot arrows through a self constructed 'secret' curtain when you can become involved in the club, have your voice heard, cast your votes and make 'positive' changes - like say maybe an initiative to generously support the ventures of a new DG club?

Or...just continue to be a sad cliche'...

Sorry I'm thread drifting again :-(

Comment

Strange how no one is invited unless youve paid..
            Props to White Walls for figuring out that the"curtain" can be pulled.
            Guess there aren't any questions about what happened at the meeting...
            My only question is how many club members are there?
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
              BTW, thanks for the notes Dana.
              How many people went to the meeting?
              Sure thing Jeremy. Well, as the notes say, there were six board members + three members present. 6 + 3 = 9 members present.

Strange how no one is invited unless youve paid..
              Not sure where you're getting your intel but that is untrue. The meeting was open to any and all who were willing and able to show. It was announced, and reminded. Hence the thread you are having fun in.

Comment

There will be an SDGA Member Meeting held on Tuesday, April 2nd. It will be held at the Spokane Public Library in Shadle Park (click for location) from 5:30pm - 7:45pm.

You must be a current SDGA member to attend. If you are not currently a member, you may purchase or renew your membership at the door. Hope to see you there!
                Wow Dana........
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

How many club members are there?
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Wow Dana........
                    Thanks to the crack team of NWDGN members, we have a couple updates for the upcoming meeting on April 2.
                    2) The meeting will be open to the PUBLIC.
                    Wow yourself Jeremy. Your continual attempts at mudslinging are beyond old.

Comment

How many club members are there?
                      Last count I think it was in the low to mid 20s I think.

Comment

There are 342 SDGA Club Members. Not all of them have paid their 2013 dues at this time.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Not sure where you're getting your intel but that is untrue. The meeting was open to any and all who were willing and able to show. It was announced, and reminded. Hence the thread you are having fun in.
                          Not really mud slinging. Quite simply a reply to this above quote. Both of which you wrote. The word wow was referring to the part where you seemed to have directly forgotten your own post you had made a couple weeks before. No harm though.
                          I appreciate your efforts. I and many others have attempted to put in efforts but the yields have been minimal. The club member level is down from 50-80 members a year to less than half. The SCC disc golf crew is out hammering away which is for the most part positive.
                          Positive growth for our sport is all I really hope for in the future. More courses for everybody is the goal! I am pretty sure that we will have 3 new courses in the area in the next 18 months... Very exciting times!!!
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Not really mud slinging. Quite simply a reply to this above quote. Both of which you wrote. The word wow was referring to the part where you seemed to have directly forgotten your own post you had made a couple weeks before. No harm though.
                            I appreciate your efforts. I and many others have attempted to put in efforts but the yields have been minimal. The club member level is down from 50-80 members a year to less than half. The SCC disc golf crew is out hammering away which is for the most part positive.
                            Positive growth for our sport is all I really hope for in the future. More courses for everybody is the goal! I am pretty sure that we will have 3 new courses in the area in the next 18 months... Very exciting times!!!
                            Call it what you want. You clearly have an agenda. Yes we had an idea to try and bolster the active membership. It was then pointed out that we must make the meeting open to all at the library. We corrected that IMMEDIATELY. You chose to look at one thing in the past, and make another unnecessary issue out of it, instead of looking how things actually were when the meeting occurred. Congrats.

On top of that, you nor anybody else who took issue with the idea bothered to even show once we opened the meeting to all.

Comment

Call it what you want. You clearly have an agenda. Yes we had an idea to try and bolster the active membership. It was then pointed out that we must make the meeting open to all at the library. We corrected that IMMEDIATELY. You chose to look at one thing in the past, and make another unnecessary issue out of it, instead of looking how things actually were when the meeting occurred. Congrats.

On top of that, you nor anybody else who took issue with the idea bothered to even show once we opened the meeting to all.
                              I guess I could see your theory working but to me it seems like the opposite occurred. The original stance held by the club itself probably was a main contributor to people not showing up. If I want people to come to a meeting to help out and join in I'm going to hold the meeting open to the public so people that are excited about disc golf and have extra energy will get involved. You can play most PDGA tournaments without being a member. Many after playing a few decide to join cause they see the value in it. This is versus excluding people from playing until they join your club. This would slow the growth of the PDGA which I believe has 52,000 members. Not all of them are current either Bob.... I appreciate flippant record keeping, the record low number of club members must be a reflection of these sort of remarks and attitudes. Taking the time to find out how many have ever signed up, but not to find out how many there actually are
                              My agenda is the same agenda I have had since becoming involved with building disc golf in 2001. Whether it's with a shovel, on the phone or on the computer I try to use logic to help figure out problems. Can't say that I'm always right but I know my heart is in the right place. I'll be at Downriver tomorrow helping James get ready for the DRO RE-O. There's lots to do, come on down people with energy and time!
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X