X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Elections

Before posting anything I would like some feedback to days of the week/times people would like to see these meetings take place. I have a few locations in mind, but would like some feedback first.

If no suggestions are made, then it will be the typical Tuesday night from 6pm-8pm, location TBA.

Thanks,
    Nancy Morgan
    SDGA Secretary

I like Tuesday

Tuesday nites have always been good for me, but I've been using the mail-in option the last few times in case something happens and I can't attend the meeting. I am renewed and I vote.

Comment

Tuesday works for me!
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Start Nominating

2013 Nomination Procedure

Nominations will be accepted for the 2013 SDGA Board positions of Treasurer, Public Relations, and Membership Whip starting immediately.
        You must be a current 2013 member to nominate and vote.
        Nominations must be posted to the Northwest Disc Golf News Forums > Disc Golf Topics > Local Clubs > Spokane Disc Golf Association > 2013 SDGA Election Nominations thread (this thread) to be valid.
        Nominations for these positions must be made before 11:00 pm on February 1, 2013 to be valid.
        Candidates that have nominated themselves have accepted their nominations.
        Candidates that have been nominated by another member must accept their nomination by posting to the same thread, their acceptance of the nomination before midnight on February 1, 2013 for their nomination to be valid.
        The Election will be held*on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at*the Shadle Public Library*and will start promptly at 6:00 pm and will run no later than 8:00 pm. There will be no campaigning at the election meeting. The Election Official will introduce the candidates prior to voting for those that have not received mail in ballots.

Closing nominations and member early renewal must be completed by February 1, 2013 in order to receive a mail in ballot. Ballots will be passed out to those not receiving ballots via the mail at the elections meeting on February 26, 2013. Ballots will be mailed out by February 11, 2013, and can either be mailed or brought to the elections. Other members wishing to vote, but be present at the elections to receive a ballot.

Let the Nominations Begin
        Last edited by Nancyjo9; January 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I nominate James Mclaughlin (Sgt. Mac) for the SDGA Board position of Public Relations Officer.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Thanks Bob --

Before accepting this nomination I need a few things clarified -- hopefully any of the acting officers of the club can answer these.

1. Is there a working copy of the current (or past) constitution/charter that I can look through?

2. Is there a description of the position and the responsibilities (outside of new business for 2013) that I would be responsible for.

3. Does anyone see a foreseeable issue (or conflict of interest) with my current position at SCC? Currently I am the acting president or Director of Operations for the SCC Disc Golf Club.***

***I can provide a working copy of our clubs constitution to those interested in a political and intellectual discussion about the 3rd question I posted -- Serious and experienced inquiries only please.

Mac

Comment

There is no such thing as a conflict of interest in the SDGA charter.
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                There is no such thing as a conflict of interest in the SDGA charter.
                But Thanks to you there is a conflict with your interests. Speaking of which it's been a year since DGU was formed but still no bylaws, charter or membership. No much of a club if you ask me.
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Mac View Post
                  Thanks Bob --

Before accepting this nomination I need a few things clarified -- hopefully any of the acting officers of the club can answer these.

1. Is there a working copy of the current (or past) constitution/charter that I can look through?

2. Is there a description of the position and the responsibilities (outside of new business for 2013) that I would be responsible for.

3. Does anyone see a foreseeable issue (or conflict of interest) with my current position at SCC? Currently I am the acting president or Director of Operations for the SCC Disc Golf Club.***

***I can provide a working copy of our clubs constitution to those interested in a political and intellectual discussion about the 3rd question I posted -- Serious and experienced inquiries only please.

Mac
                  ......Mac,
                  1. Yes, there is a Charter and you can have a copy for yourself.
                  2. The job descriptions are in the Charter.
                  3. Since you brought it up I'm sure someone will
                  ******Speaking for myself I'd be happy to have a go at the SCC Constitution. Good questions, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                    ......Mac,
                    1. Yes, there is a Charter and you can have a copy for yourself.
                    2. The job descriptions are in the Charter.
                    3. Since you brought it up I'm sure someone will
                    ******Speaking for myself I'd be happy to have a go at the SCC Constitution. Good questions, Thanks.
                    1. I appreciate the response Gordy. I will get a hold of Bob before Saturday and see if he will bring a copy to the Tune-up.

2. Outstanding!

3. When representing a larger entity other than myself (Community Colleges of Spokane specifically) I need to ensure that I am not crossing any lines, or by accepting the position (or even the nomination for that matter), CREATING any conflicts of interest. Better to avoid conflict with a professional proactive approach rather than create drama by claiming "I didn't know!"

re:*******
                    I can get you a hard copy in person sometime this week, at your place of business or otherwise --
                    Later this afternoon I am going to post the Winter Quarter 2013 revised edition (minus the dynamic documents that are created as each quarter begins) under our clubs link on this site -- as well as on our facebook page (sccdiscgolf).

Mac

Comment

Mac

If the SDGA and the SCC DGC were to have a long and amicable relationship going forward it wouldn't surprise me a bit.
                      If you were to gain a seat on the SDGA's Gang of Six you would be reminded as necessary and rebuked as required for coloring outside the lines.

Comment

conflict of interest

The SCC club, not being "for profit", shouldn't be in conflict with the SDGA.
                        I've always felt a bit funny, owning Stimpi Ridge and being "for profit", running for office and finding myself in a position of being able to promote my business or otherwise take advantage of a Board position. I don't want to have to make those distinctions or decisions so I've never run for office.
                        I can't envision a setting where the SDGA and the SCC club would be in direct conflict.
                        Just my opinion.
                        STimpi

Comment

Stimp

C'mon, Stimp. The real reason you won't run is because it's WORK and besides all that distincting and decisioning cuts a lot into your you-know-what time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                            ... cuts a lot into your you-know-what time.

His Coaching time Mr. Gordan! Good call Stimp -- the team supports you

YAAAAHHHHH COACH!!!

Comment

You-Know-What

If you've seen Stimp help out at a Saturday player's meeting going through distinctions concerning marking your lie,line-of-play, and what constitutes a falling putt I think you would have to agree that he's a process kind of guy. In spite of the fact that Stimp runs a small DG business, I don't think he would have any trouble at all distinguishing what is good Club policy and what is self-serving. Besides, the rest of the Board would be all over his butt if they thought he was frosting his own cake.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X