X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    The quick answer is no, it was rescheduled for this weekend because the current board wanted more time to review the bylaws. However, I have yet to confirm even this weekend's meeting (not for lack of trying!). I'll make a few more calls but I've also got PretzelBowl stuff to be wrapping up before Sat.
    Thank you Andrew. We know you're trying ... Toby and I will keep reminding you so that, hopefully, there will be critical mass

Comment

Hey Andrew did the meeting happen yet?
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm going to notify everyone before the questions start rolling in...we still haven't had a meeting because the bylaws have not been distributed to the other currently serving board of directors. As of right now, no meeting time is even on the horizon...
        Last edited by cefire; February 25th, 2010, 05:09 PM.
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
          I'm going to notify everyone before the questions start rolling in...we still haven't had a meeting because the bylaws have not been distributed to the other currently serving board of directors. As of right now, no meeting time is even on the horizon...
          Is it possible to provide the current board with a "deadline" to meet and, if there is not a meeting scheduled by the particular date, should the club continue in its resurrection (as if a meeting to review the bylaws has taken place)? With all due respect, it seems to me as if the delay of the meeting is connected to and stemming from the same lack of energy and proactivity that the SDGC has experienced for the last 10 years or so. I'd really hate to see all the built up momentum fizzle out. Comments anyone?

Comment

I have been saying this exact same thing for months and months. I guess since I give names that people are loyal to, that makes me crazy or the bad guy. I agree with you Ken, this needs to get moving, if we wait too long people are going to stop caring and we are going to go back to the same old crap. I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting harder.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              I have been saying this exact same thing for months and months. I guess since I give names that people are loyal to, that makes me crazy or the bad guy. I agree with you Ken, this needs to get moving, if we wait too long people are going to stop caring and we are going to go back to the same old crap. I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting harder.
              I understand human nature in terms of loyalty, and it's understandable that people care and support friends, which they should. I also respect and like people in my industry (vocation rehab counseling), but find myself going toe-to-toe with them on issues that are important to me or my clients. For DG, I still feel that I'm a newbee ... I'm not a hard-core golfer, but I think about the sport almost everyday (maybe I should be thinking of sex every day? ... hmm, maybe that's a problem ... well, I should start another thread for that). So ... I think it's a REASONABLE request to give a deadline in asking for a meeting and having it happen, especially if people care about the club. This is not unreasonable, and it has NOTHING at all to do about being disrespectful. I'm telling you, I see really good things about this club once it becomes on-board and current. There are a lot of good people out there, like horses in a gate, ready to roar down the track.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X