Get together to discuss the future of disc golf in Seattle: 1/6/10 7:00 PM Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get together to discuss the future of disc golf in Seattle: 1/6/10 7:00 PM

Well, I guess I'll volunteer the meeting place (conference room at my work): 10740 Meridian Avenue N., Suite 102, Seattle ... across the street from Arby's. I take it that Wednesday, 1/6 is an UNOFFICIAL get together as a prelude to a pending "FUTURE" SDGC meeting.

Exit 173 (from North): Go west on Northgate Way, first light is Meridian ... make a left and an immediate left into our building (Meridian North Office Building).

Exit 173 (from South): From offramp you'll be facing East ... make left at light (1st Ave NE), and left at next light (Northgate Way), go underneath freeway overpass and 2nd light is Medidian ... make a left and an immediate left into our building (Meridian North Office Building).

There is water, tea, coffee, and I'll have some snacks. Ken

I will try to make it. I look forward to the future of SDGC. Was there ever a time for this unofficial meeting?
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Andrew originally suggested 7 PM on 1/6/10, so I suppose that's what we'll go with, unless our gracious host Ken would like to modify the time.
      anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
        Well, I guess I'll volunteer the meeting place (conference room at my work): 10740 Meridian Avenue N., Suite 102, Seattle ... across the street from Arby's. I take it that Wednesday, 1/6 is an UNOFFICIAL get together as a prelude to a pending "FUTURE" SDGC meeting.

Exit 173 (from North): Go west on Northgate Way, first light is Meridian ... make a left and an immediate left into our building (Meridian North Office Building).

Exit 173 (from South): From offramp you'll be facing East ... make left at light (1st Ave NE), and left at next light (Northgate Way), go underneath freeway overpass and 2nd light is Medidian ... make a left and an immediate left into our building (Meridian North Office Building).

There is water, tea, coffee, and I'll have some snacks. Ken
        Good Lookin' out Ken! This my friends is how things get done!

Someone way wiser than myself once said....
        "Ask not what my disc golf club can do for me....but what can I do for my disc golf club"!
        Last edited by olydiscgolf; December 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I'll be there. Do we need anything material-wise, Ken? You know- laptop, easel, markers...? (well, crayons for Jub )

That reminds me- I need to get you your tools back, Jub. Do you think the Seattle Metro would balk at bringing a pitchfork on the bus?
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Once again, thanks Ken. I've started this as a new thread to concentrate on the progressive side of things.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Umm, you might want to edit the title of this thread, I think you meant 2010, not 2009....
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Curses! You thwarted my plans for yet another scheduling fiasco!
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                  I will try to make it. I look forward to the future of SDGC. Was there ever a time for this unofficial meeting?
                  Yes, 7 p.m. will be the time.

I would certainly be glad to take notes.

Comment

Thanks so much Ken!!! I'll try to help you out with the notes...I've also contacted Keith Lionetti so he can update us on his progress with getting a new course in South Seattle and where he might need our help
                    'Weekend 4 Women':
                    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

So it's official (it's confirmed) then? 7pm, Wednesday, January 6th, 2010?

I'll be there, and my dad too.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Lowell called me yesterday (we exchanged messages) and indicated that he would like to have the OFFICIAL SDGC meeting on a weekend at the end of January. He didn't give a specific date or time. In my message to Lowell, I indicated I would put this on the forum. However, he assumed that my work's conference room would be available for this future/official meeting. I advised Lowell that using my work's conference room was strictly a one-time venture ... and someone else would need to organize the meeting place, date, time and topics. My involvement in hosting this pre-official meeting is to get the ball rolling.

Comment

Great to hear about the meeting Ken! We'll figure out another place to host it, might be something to ask around about on Wednesday. We're all uber thankful that you offered up a space for this current meeting.
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Agenda

Based on conversations with a few people I've got a little bit of an agenda for the current meeting (which of course is just one person's thoughts and can be edited in any way!):

1. What are our priorities for improving disc golf in Seattle? (New courses, events, course maintenance, etc.)
                            2. What are our priorities for a club/organization?
                            3. Communication? (I'm thinking like maybe a unified mailing list or something for all Seattle Disc Golfers? What are other ways that work for spreading info about work parties, events, etc.?)
                            4. Updates on current goings on (Keith from Chainbangers about his work, perhaps someone with information on potential Federal Way courses)
                            5. Lakewood construction/maintenance update?
                            6. Terrace Creek redesign update?

What else do people want to add???
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              Based on conversations with a few people I've got a little bit of an agenda for the current meeting (which of course is just one person's thoughts and can be edited in any way!):

1. What are our priorities for improving disc golf in Seattle? (New courses, events, course maintenance, etc.)
                              2. What are our priorities for a club/organization?
                              3. Communication? (I'm thinking like maybe a unified mailing list or something for all Seattle Disc Golfers? What are other ways that work for spreading info about work parties, events, etc.?)
                              4. Updates on current goings on (Keith from Chainbangers about his work, perhaps someone with information on potential Federal Way courses)
                              5. Lakewood construction/maintenance update?
                              6. Terrace Creek redesign update?

What else do people want to add???

Ok, so back to the regularly scheduled thread discussion--
                              Thanks Ken for hosting... I will be in attendance, and I'd vote to focus more attention on #2 above.... along with the formation/governing of the club.
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; January 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM. Reason: retracted statement...
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X