The Lahar Benefit Open C-Tier Charity Event @ Riverside 11/12/11 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lahar Benefit Open C-Tier Charity Event @ Riverside 11/12/11

Save the Date!

I am very excited to announce that a one-day C-tier event falling under the PDGA’s charity endowment program will be coming to the Riverside Disc Golf course in Sumner, Washington. It is my goal to raise $5,000 for the YMCA’s Friends and Servants Program. For the last year and a half, the Friends and Servants Program has been partnering with the Pierce County Disc Golfers Players Association to help with course maintenance. Friends and Servants is a non-profit organization that works with at-risk youth to help them disconnect from the court system by providing them with an outlet to work off their court ordered community service hours under guidance of a positive adult mentor.
    Friends and Servants has graciously donated countless staff and volunteer hours, as well the equipment and operating cost to the course and the disc golf community. I feel that “The Lahar Benefit Open” provides an opportunity for the disc golf community to say thank you as well as give back to their community. With that in mind, if you have any leads or ideas of potential sponsors for the event, please contact me.
    To help reach the goal of $5,000, I am trying to keep tournament costs to a minimum. I am also going to experiment with the payout structure. It is my intent not to pay out in cash or script to division leaders, but in donated prizes of equal or greater market value. Please stay tuned as I will be keeping both this thread as well as the Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association updated with newly acquired prize swag.

On-line registration for the event will available through NW Sign Ups. Please use the following link to sign up:

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=42

Pro Men & Pro Masters- $50
    Pro Women- $40

All Advanced Divisions Male & Female- $40

All Intermediate Divisions Male & Female- $30

JR Boys <14 -$20
    JR Girls <14- $20

Pretty excited for this!! Disc golfers can give back to the community by doing what they love to do, playing disc golf. Great idea Jeremy!

Comment

I have been banging on doors, sending emails, and making phone calls... and some of that effort is beginning to pay off. I am happy to announce our 1st round of sponsors/prize donors.

Keen Footwear
      Dynamic Discs
      Mando's Proshop
      HG Bistro of Puyallup
      Charlies Restaurant of Puyallup
      El Charro of Sumner
      Cafe Adamo of Puyallup
      The Station U-Brew of Puyallup
      Elements Frozen Yogurt of Puyallup
      Its Greek to Me of Puyallup/Tacoma
      99 Bottles of Federal Way

Special shout out to Afly's Pizza of Puyallup who will be providing pizza for all players during the lunch intermission!

Stay tuned for more sponsorship news to fallow in the upcoming days.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X