Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 27th Flying Onion (1 day Tournament)

Its that time again for everybody's favorite one day event "The Flying Onion."

I will post a flier soon but expect the cost to be $15 for non-club members and expect to have a BBQ lunch provided by the great club members of Fort Walla Walla.

Last year this was the biggest one day event of the quarterly series and I hope to topple that number this year.

I expect to run three divisions again Int, Adv, and Open in this NON-SANCTIONED event; however, if I get 4 women or 4 juniors etc wanting a division I see no reason to not add.

Kris

Please remember that we pay out cash for the open/pro division but all other divisions will pay out scrip/club cash/phony money/whatever other name people have for it.
    Last edited by Cerrgurry; June 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM. Reason: added flyer

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
    ...however, if I get 4 women or 4 juniors etc wanting a division I see no reason to not add.

Kris
    That means donít forget to bring your wife, girlfriend, or Jr. DGer.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
      That means donít forget to bring your wife, girlfriend, or Jr. DGer.
      since it's the weekend after Fathers Day. I'll bring my daughter if there any women or Jr's planning on playing . If so let me or us know.. Thanks
      PDGA # 52916
      CRDGC
      TCDGC
      FWWDGC
      PDGC

Comment

A flyer is now available....yeah i know it is alot of work to change a date...but hey I have been busy
        Last edited by Cerrgurry; June 8th, 2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Sunday tourney? Whoa! Are there other big "onion" festivities happening this same weekend in Walla Walla? I only ask because I would need to justify making the trip. Family time Saturday at the ???? Onion Festival ???? Sunday DG tourney. What's the good word? Masters Division?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
            Sunday tourney? Whoa! Are there other big "onion" festivities happening this same weekend in Walla Walla? I only ask because I would need to justify making the trip. Family time Saturday at the ???? Onion Festival ???? Sunday DG tourney. What's the good word? Masters Division?

Sorry the Sweet Onion festival is not until middle of July...17th and 18th (good reason to play the Nuke Meltdown). However, the best onions in the world will be available along with the best strawberries (whole or cut and frozen) from Klickers.
            I wish I could bribe you and say that there would be a release of new red in town...come to think of it you could not have hit all the winery's yet.
            Being a non-sanctioned tournament I attempt to keep it simple and offer Open, advanced, and Intermediate. Most play one division higher than they do if is sanctioned. For example, I play intermediate but will play advanced at this event. The one exception to the rule is if I get 3-4 women or juniors wanting to play then I will cater to their needs/wants. I think getting more women involved in the sport is a good thing and the juniors are the future of the sport so it is worth a bit of extra work.

It is a fun event and as a club we see to it to offer each division a CTP each round (champ, star, or Pro plastic)...it may be best putt or best second shot etc. We also as a club pay out 100% to the top 50% of each division. It seems that all that play enjoy themselves (ask 3fingers or uhlman) and having some lunch provided (hot dogs, chips, tater salad, maybe other stuff) seems to be a plus of the summer flying onion.
            Last edited by Cerrgurry; June 9th, 2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
              Walla Walla is a fun little big town. Historic Whitman mission museum, Old Fort Walla Walla, Great " SHOPPING " There is a awesome BMX track and a skateboard park opposite of the dg park for the kids. Also a long paved bike or walk trail with these colored globes that teaches the kids about the planets. The Flying Onion is great fun with great people !! Hope that's enough to get you there.
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                Walla Walla is a fun little big town. Historic Whitman mission museum, Old Fort Walla Walla, Great " SHOPPING " There is a awesome BMX track and a skateboard park opposite of the dg park for the kids. Also a long paved bike or walk trail with these colored globes that teaches the kids about the planets. The Flying Onion is great fun with great people !! Hope that's enough to get you there.
                Thanks for the kind words to my kind little city
                Of course to get Cajun here...we need to mention the abundance of great wine

Comment

You don't need to sell me on Walla Walla one bit. The town is awesome and beautiful. I like Main Street and Bennington Lake. And yes the wineries too. I'd get there more often if it wasn't so far away.

The disc golf course is challenging & fun. The course is somehow always VERY clean WHENEVER I play it. Everyone who plays is friendly and helpful. I don't know how Chris can drink 3 Red Bulls and still be so laid back.

I recommend the tourney, the course, and Walla Walla to anyone.

Comment

since it's the weekend after Fathers Day. I'll bring my daughter if there any women or Jr's planning on playing . If so let me or us know.. Thanks
                    I have heard of no Juniors or women signing up to play...I wish a few would come down from Tri-Cities.

Lunch as of right now is going to be Sausage dogs or hotdogs depending on my mood when i buy them.
                    Tater Salad and pasta salad (both homemade)
                    chips

Comment

Update on the onion

Thanks to the support of fellow club members I can confirm we are having lunch provided at no cost to all participants.

I am also happy to report that the fields have been mowed...I should say will be mowed by the end of today.

I am also letting it leak that we will be playing two holes that have never been played.....I should say pin placements that have never been played.

I guess it can also be said there will be CTP's for each division for each round.

Hope to see us break 40 at this one day event

Comment

Thanks to the support of fellow club members I can confirm we are having lunch provided at no cost to all participants.

I am also happy to report that the fields have been mowed...I should say will be mowed by the end of today.

I am also letting it leak that we will be playing two holes that have never been played.....I should say pin placements that have never been played.

I guess it can also be said there will be CTP's for each division for each round.

Sweet!!!
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Hey no practising on those new pin placements Cerrgurry see ya on sunday
                          PDGA # 52916
                          CRDGC
                          TCDGC
                          FWWDGC
                          PDGC

Comment

Hey no practising on those new pin placements Cerrgurry see ya on sunday
                            Truth is I just dug the hole for one of them yesterday and will not even be in until thursday or saturday. The other one the only advantage I have is the general idea of where it will go.

These two new pins are really my way of getting the ball rolling to have them there...mainly out of thanks for the work the two individuals donate. The holes are where they wanted to see pins installed .

Cannot wait to see ya at the course again....sorry to hear about the tragedy at your course a couple weeks ago...I am sure Finley is still in some shock.

Comment

Truth is I just dug the hole for one of them yesterday and will not even be in until thursday or saturday. The other one the only advantage I have is the general idea of where it will go.

These two new pins are really my way of getting the ball rolling to have them there...mainly out of thanks for the work the two individuals donate. The holes are where they wanted to see pins installed .

Cannot wait to see ya at the course again....sorry to hear about the tragedy at your course a couple weeks ago...I am sure Finley is still in some shock.
                              Truely a sad time for sure ...
                              PDGA # 52916
                              CRDGC
                              TCDGC
                              FWWDGC
                              PDGC

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X