June 27th Flying Onion (1 day Tournament) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If people come but do not participate in the tourney can they still buy lunch? I only ask this because my wife and kids are coming to watch (she would play but we couldn’t find a sitter to watch them for the day).
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
      If people come but do not participate in the tourney can they still buy lunch? I only ask this because my wife and kids are coming to watch (she would play but we couldn’t find a sitter to watch them for the day).
      Rudy
      I am sure we can work something out...since I am the one buying the dogs....I have no problem with your great family eating with us.

      To others if you have a spouse etc coming with you....let me know if they will be eating with us so I can have enough dogs and buns.

      Comment


      • #18
        CTPS

        We are going to do semi-protected CTP's at this Flying Onion.
        By semi protected I mean that any division lower than your division can move your divisions ctp flag. However, higher divisions cannot move a lower divisions ctp flag.

        I will be using colored flags for the divisions and they will be marked on the score cards. Using different colored flags this is how the ctps would work.

        Blue Flags- Open, Advanced, and Intermediate can move
        Yellow- Advanced and Intermediate can move
        Orange-Intermediate only can move.

        I have attempted to put the CTPs on holes that I think would be competitive for the whole division

        Comment


        • #19
          Junior Division

          If I get the 4 juniors to play they will be playing the Red course. They will play the 10 concrete pads, the 7 grass alternate pads, and the 1 asphalt pad.

          So far I do not have 4 juniors.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
            Blue Flags- Open, Advanced, and Intermediate can move
            Yellow- Advanced and Intermediate can move
            Orange-Intermediate only can move.
            That's a really great idea.

            Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
            I have attempted to put the CTPs on holes that I think would be competitive for the whole division

            So is that.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
              We are going to do semi-protected CTP's at this Flying Onion.
              By semi protected I mean that any division lower than your division can move your divisions ctp flag. However, higher divisions cannot move a lower divisions ctp flag.

              I will be using colored flags for the divisions and they will be marked on the score cards. Using different colored flags this is how the ctps would work.

              Blue Flags- Open, Advanced, and Intermediate can move
              Yellow- Advanced and Intermediate can move
              Orange-Intermediate only can move.

              I have attempted to put the CTPs on holes that I think would be competitive for the whole division
              That sounds crazy awesome can't wait
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                Thanks to the support of fellow club members I can confirm we are having lunch provided at no cost to all participants.

                I am also happy to report that the fields have been mowed...I should say will be mowed by the end of today.

                I am also letting it leak that we will be playing two holes that have never been played.....I should say pin placements that have never been played.

                I guess it can also be said there will be CTP's for each division for each round.

                Hope to see us break 40 at this one day event
                so can you let it leak where these new pin placements are, or is that Double Top secret Info.. ......
                PDGA # 52916
                CRDGC
                TCDGC
                FWWDGC
                PDGC

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                  so can you let it leak where these new pin placements are, or is that Double Top secret Info.. ......
                  The two placements are on 6 and 17.

                  6 is a fresh pin and was only put in on Friday night.
                  17 will be a temp basket since we have to have the city help us find the irrigation pipe However, as soon as it is safe to dig I will have it in permanently.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                    The two placements are on 6 and 17.

                    6 is a fresh pin and was only put in on Friday night.
                    17 will be a temp basket since we have to have the city help us find the irrigation pipe However, as soon as it is safe to dig I will have it in permanently.
                    Right on !! I sure hope I throw better tomorrow. Lost 2 today. Maybe I can win some script and get some new ones.I never throw bad two days in a row...
                    PDGA # 52916
                    CRDGC
                    TCDGC
                    FWWDGC
                    PDGC

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thank you

                      I just want to say thank you to all those who played today.
                      The weather was hot, the rounds were hot, and the tempers were cool. What more can I ask for?

                      Thank you to all the club members for pitching in and providing lunch for everyone.

                      Congrats 3Fingers.....way to shoot.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                        I just want to say thank you to all those who played today.
                        The weather was hot, the rounds were hot, and the tempers were cool. What more can I ask for?

                        Thank you to all the club members for pitching in and providing lunch for everyone.

                        Congrats 3Fingers.....way to shoot.
                        A huge thank you to Cerrgurry and FWWDGC for another great tournament, and supplying lunch and drinks to everyone . It was hot out but, the potato salad was awesome !!! I ended up playing both rounds with Jesse & Loury. it was great meeting you guys.. I didn't know it at the time but it came down to the last hole. Loury missed a 20 footer..My first tournament win can't wait to defend !!!!!! Thanks again !!!!!
                        PDGA # 52916
                        CRDGC
                        TCDGC
                        FWWDGC
                        PDGC

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Accolades to Kris and all the FWWDGC that helped make this a great event. Even though I got last (again) it was a great time. I look forward to the next one. FYI when I got home I found a tick on my youngest daughter. Fortunately, it was on the back of her head and not somewhere else. I guess that’s what happens when you are close to the ground and like to cover yourself in dirt. I tell you what, flea and tick shampoo is great for making ticks let go. Just a little of that on the tick and 5 minutes later it let go.
                          Throw What You Know.
                          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                          PDGA# 45989

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Rudy I think there must have been a misprint, cause as bad as I played, I was sure I bought and paid for the Title of Dead Last...You had some awesome drives, and some great puts...Cannot wait to play golf with ya again.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Cypher_II View Post
                              Rudy I think there must have been a misprint, cause as bad as I played, I was sure I bought and paid for the Title of Dead Last...You had some awesome drives, and some great puts...Cannot wait to play golf with ya again.
                              86 + 86 = 172 which is 20 strokes better then my last flying onion. My goal for the next flying onion is to not go OB thats what killed my scores.
                              Throw What You Know.
                              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                              PDGA# 45989

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hey Cerrgurry,what was the top 5 scores in advanced . so hot i'm melting !
                                PDGA # 52916
                                CRDGC
                                TCDGC
                                FWWDGC
                                PDGC

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X