Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 14th 2010 Flying Onion

March 14th 2010
    Cost $12 for members $15 for non-members.
    Registration opens at 9:15ish and we should look for a quick players meeting at 9:40ish with the tee off at 10am.

If you are interested in club membership contact me.

Thank you
    Kristopher Bland

What divisions are you expecting to have?
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
      What divisions are you expecting to have?
      We will have Open and Advanced for sure. If I have at least four players suitable for an Intermediate division I will have it as well.
      I dont have yes's but it would appear I will have at least four intermediate players....I will attempt to get confirmation this week.

If you are looking for a comparison of what divisions we have and what they would be by pdga standards then think Open is advanced, advanced is intermediate, and intermediate is recreational. Since the tournament is non-sanctioned most if not all the better players elect to play open and win cash instead of scrip (credit at club disc store)

Take Care
      Kris

Comment

cool thanks I'm a yes for intermediate.
        Throw What You Know.
        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

any more updates on the onion
          PDGA # 52916
          CRDGC
          TCDGC
          FWWDGC
          PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
            any more updates on the onion
            It should be a typical fun one day. Nothing like the one days that Tri-Cities have for we have 1/5 the active members, but I am hoping for a hand-full of out of towners .
            From my conversations with others it looks like we will have the ability to run Open, Advanced, and Intermediate divisions.
            The cost is still 15 for non-club members and 12 for club members. Open pays cash all others pay club cash/scrip. I am just finishing an order of just over 100 discs that will remain boxed until the tournament.

If you are not sure what division you may want to play let me know how you shot down here on the blue course and I will let you know where that compares to previous event scores. If you have any other questions ask...if you would find it better to talk via phone pm me and I will give you my number (though it may be on the flier )

Comment

thanks for the info.tossed a 60 with no OB's it was our first time @fwwdg..are the discs a player pkg ??
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

thanks for the info.tossed a 60 with no OB's it was our first time @fwwdg..are the discs a player pkg ??
                No player packs. The discs will be there to purchase with the scrip that you are going to win if you throw two rounds of 60 in the advanced division I will check the last onions results to confirm when I have some spare time.
                There is no way for us (without a sponsor) to do a players pack and have 100% paid back out to 50%ish of each division.
                I dont think i have mentioned this before but 100% of the open entry fees go to open purse 100% of the advanced entry fees go to the advanced purse etc.
                Please remember that the club takes in $0 out of the entry fee and the discs are sold at below retail.

Comment

somedays are better than others.. my buddy threw a 69
                  PDGA # 52916
                  CRDGC
                  TCDGC
                  FWWDGC
                  PDGC

Comment

Clocks

Don't forget that we set our clocks ahead Saturday night/early Sunday morning
                    I would hate for someone to miss the start of The Flying Onion due to forgetting to set the clocks.

Have a great week everyone
                    Kris

Comment

2010 flying onion

its almost here !!!!!! anybody eles jacked up ??
                      PDGA # 52916
                      CRDGC
                      TCDGC
                      FWWDGC
                      PDGC

Comment

its almost here !!!!!! anybody eles jacked up ??
                        I always get excited for these one days for they are rather low stress...then again I get excited for our normal weekly events(acepot and Handicap).

To make it even better Sunday marks the day that I get an extra hour in the evening.

Of course the fact that we have a few boxes of discs en route does not hurt my excitement as well

Are you thinking of playing advanced? I would suggest it if you are shooting 60.
                        Are there any discs you have been wanting to pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                          I always get excited for these one days for they are rather low stress...then again I get excited for our normal weekly events(acepot and Handicap).

To make it even better Sunday marks the day that I get an extra hour in the evening.

Of course the fact that we have a few boxes of discs en route does not hurt my excitement as well

Are you thinking of playing advanced? I would suggest it if you are shooting 60.
                          Are there any discs you have been wanting to pick up?
                          lost champion destroyer 2 days ago.hole#6 at two rivers one too many rivers need a new one
                          PDGA # 52916
                          CRDGC
                          TCDGC
                          FWWDGC
                          PDGC

Comment

lost champion destroyer 2 days ago.hole#6 at two rivers one too many rivers need a new one
                            I feel your pain my barney disc(purple eco star destroyer) is sitting in the swamp (blue 15). The name of the disc is thanks to Tony...now if i ever get it back I may just toss it in the swamp again hoping to kill that dang purple thing. No matter its name the disc was my go to disc.

Is hole 6 the 3 mando hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                              I feel your pain my barney disc(purple eco star destroyer) is sitting in the swamp (blue 15). The name of the disc is thanks to Tony...now if i ever get it back I may just toss it in the swamp again hoping to kill that dang purple thing. No matter its name the disc was my go to disc.

Is hole 6 the 3 mando hole?
                              ya. 802' mandos to left and the river to the right and i need to be somewhere in the middle !!!!
                              PDGA # 52916
                              CRDGC
                              TCDGC
                              FWWDGC
                              PDGC

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X