X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Sickani!!! Jamboree Course info

20 out of 21 pads are poured. Baskets are ordered. They are being manufactured by Arroyo disc sports as I type. Anchors will be here soon and they will be set in the ground so that when baskets show up they can go right in the ground. When we get a solid date for baskets I will update on this forum as well as the date of the last work party. There are 9 benches in the ground and 9 more being made. Tee signs Are also in the works. Please contact myself or Jeff if you or a business you know of would like to sponsor a teepad, bench or basket. Thanks
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Work Party this weekend. Starting at 11:00 so it warms up a bit. Pouring the 21st of 21 teepads. Anchoring Next tee signs in the ground and prepping for actual anchors due to show up tomorrow or Monday...

Next Thursday the urban forestry will be at Sickani to finish cleaning the trees on the course to get it ready for baskets. We are hoping they will arrive by Thanksgiving.. Something to be thankful for indeed If you can come out on either day it will be a big help. Thursday they will work from 7:00am till about 2:30 pm. They will be doing the same kind of work as they have done at Downriver on 14. Going to need help feeding a chipper.. Thanks
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

21 tee pads poured!!! Next tee signs have been installed. FEEDING THE CHIPPER ON THURSDAY!!!!!! Anybody can make it, please do!!
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I went out there and walked around on the Jamboree course just to see what was going on. It looks really nice out there. Kudos to all who have worked there. That said I would like to donate some sweat equity at some point but need weekends and advance notice to make it happen. Let me know here when the next weekend work will be and I will do my best to try to get out there and lend a hand. Nice boulders by the way. Also, I don't use FB so that is worthless for me for communication, I'm still in the dark ages I know .

Comment

This is from Jeff on Facebook:

I checked UPS and our basket anchors will arrive sometime today. They will be taken to the New Tech Skill Center either today or Monday. They have agreed to help us modify them before installation.

Arroyo Disc Sports told me yesterday that our baskets will be here towards the end of the month. The exact day is unknown at this time. Hopefully it will be close to Thanksgiving, cause I'm especially thankful that it's getting done!

Disc Golf Uprising will have an event in early December to thank God, and all the humans who've sweated to complete this course. Our Leadership Team, volunteers and friends will put something together.
          Let us know what you would like to see happen.
          We'll keep you posted.
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Anchors will be installed on Saturday. Anybody who can show up to help dig and pour will be appreciated. This is going to be the last major work party of the year. We have had 4 people do a majority of the work and 6-8 other people show up and join in occasionally. I hope to see some new blood out there Saturday.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Baskets have been speculated to show up on November 23rd. The day after Thanksgiving.. When they arrive they will go straight in the ground.
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                  Baskets have been speculated to show up on November 23rd. The day after Thanksgiving.. When they arrive they will go straight in the ground.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Anchors will be installed on Saturday. Anybody who can show up to help dig and pour will be appreciated. This is going to be the last major work party of the year. We have had 4 people do a majority of the work and 6-8 other people show up and join in occasionally. I hope to see some new blood out there Saturday.
                    I would actually try to make it out for this one but have a rare day of work on Saturday this week. Somehow U-High football is still going and they have a state playoff game that is held on Sat. this week. Depending on the start time of the work party I still could possibly sneak out and help with the anchors for a bit if I can convince my wife that it's a good idea.

Comment

I think we are starting at 8am. Your wife probably doesn't think anchors are a good idea.. Maybe we'll see ya out there.
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I think we are starting at 8am. Your wife probably doesn't think anchors are a good idea.. Maybe we'll see ya out there.
                        Yep. 8 am til 2 or 3. Hopefully we get more people than we need and we can get these banged out in no time. We may also have a need for another pick up truck and a wheelbarrow. If anyone is planning on coming out and can bring these then please let me know. Feel free to PM me here or check out the disc golf uprising Facebook page for more information.

In case anyone is looking for a course map, we now have those on the Facebook page as well!

Justin

Comment

Yoduh, I'll have some water with me as well. We may not need 300 gallons, but feel free to bring what you can. Do you have a wheelbarrow? An empty milk jug or two would be helpful as well when we "mobilize." I'm hoping we finish up with time to throw a few discs...haven't played in three weeks :-(

Comment

I have a wheel barrow. What for? Just dump the crete in the hole and add water and stir right?
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

All work and no play makes Justin a dull boy.. I will bring my lightweight portable to set up and play the course.. Just drive. Set it up before you putt or upshot. Done it a couple times. It's fun!
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X