X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    All work and no play makes Justin a dull boy.. I will bring my lightweight portable to set up and play the course.. Just drive. Set it up before you putt or upshot. Done it a couple times. It's fun!
    That'll be cool. I figure the truck(s) may not drive to every single pin location and the barrow will help make us mobile. When we were doing tee signs we'd dump a bag of concrete in the barrow, throw in the shovels and breaker bar and a couple jugs of water, then head on over to the hole.

Comment

Cool buddy, I'll bring my barrow!
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

All trees are cut and chipped. 1 anchor is in.. Chipped through over a foot of granite to get in in today, it's going to be so sweet! All the anchors will go in tomorrow. Baskets will be shipped on the 26th. Come help tomorrow if you can...
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

It will be sweet indeed!

Comment

There will be info released shortly about the first ever Camp Sekani Doubles! December 8th is our target date. Get your partner ready!!!

The website is up. If you can help in any way shape or form there is a donation link that 100% of all donations go to course improvements and to building the next course!!

http://discgolfuprising.com/
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

BAM!

This is from Facebook posted by Jeff Crum

SPONSORSHIP SALES ON THE RISE!

Yesterday I went hunting for sponsorship money since our coffers were down to $3.10. I've always said, "We won't have trouble with money." It is also a fact that I went forward for prayer at my church last winter and said to George Iranon, on of our Elders, "Someone is going to give us a lot of money." Those of you who know the story know that Jeremy Thornton wrote ...
              1 fundraising letter and we received $10.000 in May of 2012. One could conclude that:
              A. This was due to Jeremy's exceptional letter writing skills.
              B. He knew just who to ask
              C. Something greater was involved.
              I personally would choose...
              C. All of the above.

So yesterday I went into Zanies on Northwest Blvd. and regaled the clerk with up-news and photos of our progress so far on the Jam, and told them I'd be back tomorrow to talk to the owners. Today I went back and the owner came up to me with our sponsorship Form and showed me that she had checked the $2,310.00, 3-year, Presenting Sponsorship option and that she also wanted 2 Full Meal Deal sponsorships priced at $600.00 each!
              That came to a total of $3,510.00!

Wow!

This Presenting Sponsorship option gives the purchaser advertising exposure on any DGU printed materials for a period of 3 years. The course sign will read Jamboree Disc Golf Course presented by Zanies.

...There is indeed more than one truth in that statement...

The Full Meal Deal Sponsorship gives the purchaser the right to a Tee Sign, Bench, Tee Pad, and Basket sponsorship on one hole. They get it all on that hole. In this case, they'll get it all on two holes!

I must also note that Justin Toney is in on this sponsorship sellling stuff as well. He has sold a Full Meal Deal and is working on some other leads. Good work Justin!
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

So life in the disc golf community of Spokane took a dramatic shift today. There is no work allowed or any alterations allowed to any course in the city of spokane until 3 things happen.. 1) The Club in charge of their park has to have an MOU agreement signed and approved to do anything to an existing disc golf course. This MOU is to be approved by the Park board. 2) The club has to have a business license or a non profit status. 3) The club must carry $2,000,000 worth of insurance on it's property at all times also covering the land holder. These are all major changes for the way things have operated here in the past. We are scrambling to have every major hurdle cleared and to have our proposal to the Park board meeting on January 10th. We will have our end done. We are already a non profit group, we have 7/8ths of the MOU done and we have already begun shopping for insurance. If/when the park board approves our whole entire project the baskets will go in the ground.
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but I figured I'd get the word out here as I'm just too damn excited to keep this to myself. The below is from DGU's Facebook page (which I am not affiliated with). I also just want to say thanks to everyone @ DGU, the sponsors, and everyone who volunteered! You guys are awesome and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into getting Spokane not just another course, but a first-rate one at that.
                  "Big News!

On February 6th I called Al Vorderbruggen, our Parks contact to ask him If I should attend the Lands Committee meeting that was scheduled for today. Al replied that we weren't even on the agenda! Whoa! I was taken aback. He said that the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was only in a draft form at this time but the committee wants to see a finished document. I think I said something like, “Oh, wow!” Then Al said something that completely surprised me to say the least. He said, We're going to go ahead and let you guys start playing. We don't want to hold you up any more. Go out there and have fun!”
                  Yippee!!!!!!!!!
                  Disc Golf Uprising is extremely happy about how much favor we have received from God, and from the entire community. Many businesses have sponsored our Club, and many people have contributed labor and support in various ways, encouraging our efforts to get our first course going. We are thankful for everyone!

Having said that, as the summer heated up with many work parties we began to notice that the core construction crew was made up of just 7 guys. These guys were there for a minimum of 3 work parties and some were there for many more.

So, today we enacted our plan. You see we've been planning to have something we call the Lock & Load round. This would be the day that the our faithful crew of 7 guys would drop the baskets, lock 'em up and play the very 1st round at the Jam. So, that's what we did today. We had special shirts made up and enjoyed the fruits of our labors.

We'll post some photos.

Al said that were not allowed to have any big events just yet but the schedule of weeklies that they approved is okay to go ahead with. So with that in mind join us for Pro/Am or Random Draw Doubles this Saturday February 16th at 10:00am. We'll meet at the entry way just above the parking lot. The round will start promptly at 10:30am. $7.00 per person. $5.00 to payout. $1.00 to the club and $1.00 to the ace pot (optional). There will be a $100.00 ace pot and an additional special prize for the 1st Ace in a weekly at the Jam. At the end of the round there will be a CTP Prize with our Vortex practice basket throwing across the meadow on the way back to the parking lot. We'll conclude the round at the fire pit at the edge of the meadow. See you there. - Weeklies are run by Curt McGeorge and Justin Toney.

I'm surprised you've read this far. Don't forget Saturday! Get out there and play!"

Comment

The course is outstanding. I have the privilege of throwing the first ever ace. I nailed 18 . I have the witnesses to prove it>

Comment

Well it's on up there now folks as you've read. There are little things that need done still so If you see garbage please pick it up. If there are sticks or branches scattered they can be thrown off the fairway. Hole 17 will get a retaining wall built off the front of it but can you please spread the word to no walk directly off the front of it to keep the teepad from eroding around the front. Thanks, enjoy!
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Once I found out about the course opening I drug my wife out for a short outing to get in some holes before it got dark. Jeremy I think that was you that I saw off on another hole, we said "Hello" to each other but it took me a while to figure out it was you so sorry if I seemed cold. Anyway, we got to play holes 1-10 before deciding to head out. What a great piece of land for disc golf. I really enjoyed the holes. I especially like 6, 7, & 8 with the tightness and distance of each. I also didn't hesitate to throw left handed on hole 5. I like how there are a number of ways to approach each hole. I can't wait for a full round out there. Unfortunately for the NIDGC, once Tuesday leagues get going out there I will probably be more likely to make it to Sekani for league then to Cherry Hill the next day as I am much closer to Sekani. Unfortunately I have no idea when I may get to make any league rounds due to my work and school schedules. I can't wait when it does happen though. Kudos to everyone who put in a LOT of hard work out there to make one heck of a nice course - nice in many ways.

Comment

The Saturday weekly has been changed to a 9 am sign-up and 9:30 start time. As always, current information for the Jam at Sekani can be found on the Disc Golf Uprising page on Facebook.

Thanks for the gratitude, Sean! There was a core group of us that worked hard to bring this course to fruition and we hope everyone enjoys it and respects it as much as we do. There are no garbage cans up there, so hopefully everyone will pack out their cans, bottles, and cigarette butts to keep the land clean.

Justin

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
                          I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but I figured I'd get the word out here as I'm just too damn excited to keep this to myself. The below is from DGU's Facebook page (which I am not affiliated with). I also just want to say thanks to everyone @ DGU, the sponsors, and everyone who volunteered! You guys are awesome and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into getting Spokane not just another course, but a first-rate one at that.
                          "Big News!

On February 6th I called Al Vorderbruggen, our Parks contact to ask him If I should attend the Lands Committee meeting that was scheduled for today. Al replied that we weren't even on the agenda! Whoa! I was taken aback. He said that the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was only in a draft form at this time but the committee wants to see a finished document. I think I said something like, “Oh, wow!” Then Al said something that completely surprised me to say the least. He said, We're going to go ahead and let you guys start playing. We don't want to hold you up any more. Go out there and have fun!”
                          Yippee!!!!!!!!!
                          Disc Golf Uprising is extremely happy about how much favor we have received from God, and from the entire community. Many businesses have sponsored our Club, and many people have contributed labor and support in various ways, encouraging our efforts to get our first course going. We are thankful for everyone!

Having said that, as the summer heated up with many work parties we began to notice that the core construction crew was made up of just 7 guys. These guys were there for a minimum of 3 work parties and some were there for many more.

So, today we enacted our plan. You see we've been planning to have something we call the Lock & Load round. This would be the day that the our faithful crew of 7 guys would drop the baskets, lock 'em up and play the very 1st round at the Jam. So, that's what we did today. We had special shirts made up and enjoyed the fruits of our labors.

We'll post some photos.

Al said that were not allowed to have any big events just yet but the schedule of weeklies that they approved is okay to go ahead with. So with that in mind join us for Pro/Am or Random Draw Doubles this Saturday February 16th at 10:00am. We'll meet at the entry way just above the parking lot. The round will start promptly at 10:30am. $7.00 per person. $5.00 to payout. $1.00 to the club and $1.00 to the ace pot (optional). There will be a $100.00 ace pot and an additional special prize for the 1st Ace in a weekly at the Jam. At the end of the round there will be a CTP Prize with our Vortex practice basket throwing across the meadow on the way back to the parking lot. We'll conclude the round at the fire pit at the edge of the meadow. See you there. - Weeklies are run by Curt McGeorge and Justin Toney.

I'm surprised you've read this far. Don't forget Saturday! Get out there and play!"

Comment

^^^ thank you for letting us non-faceboogers know about the time change...much appreciated!
                            PDGA #42116

Comment

Did not make it out to either (1) Sekani dbls or(2) FSP ice bowl this weekend
                              However i DID make it to Camp Sekani Jamborree course Sunday morning with Kevin and Archie Bond, and Fred Northey. SO nice to play on this new course, great tee pads, beautiful baskets, good directional signage. Shots required all variety of throws.I had too Many missed putts(need practice + more practice, etc), Ending the round with 58, that didn't seem to bad?
                              Congratulation and THANK YOU to Jeremey, Jeff and all the other volunteers for their efforts. TW

Comment

That was me Scott, no worries. We changed our league to Tuesday from Wednesday cause of Corbin.. No other day works for our crew though. I didn't realize there was one there on that day. Never heard about it..
                                TW it was good seeing you buddy. Keep on practicing those putts!!
                                Faceboogers may be gross but they are so much fun to flick.
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X