Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Nickname, alias, a.k.a., nom de' plume

My KGB slash oo7 slash smoke-screen handle is Gordy #21004. Will that NWDGN-registered name be too deep-throaty to be a facebook friend? Are the popular avatars also on the chopping block? Does this mean the end of the daring duo of Yoduh and the Sky Pilot? Should we use our middle names too when we go to facebook so there will be no chance of mistaken identity? How about a background check? Who will be in charge of accepting or denying the names of facebook friends? Will you also be monitoring the comments of these friends and editing them as well?

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    All friends of Camp Sekani will get messages sent to them via facebook. All announcements will be made on the main page. Thanks to everybody. The nicknames this sight allows people to hide behind are not productive. If you are hiding behind one on facebook you will be deleted as a friend. We in Disc Golf Uprising are trying to form a responsible and positive community of disc golfers who care. We know if you do we will see you on Facebook!
    How many people on this thread are hiding behind a nick name?

You know who most of the people who have posted are Jeremy.

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Someone should ask the moderators of this forum to restore the thread (with the offending posts deleted).
    Will the moderator for this thread please stand up and be identified?

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    I am taking my club and going home

Leave a comment:

• catalystdg
    replied
    Thats unfortunate for those who don't do facebook

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    All friends of Camp Sekani will get messages sent to them via facebook. All announcements will be made on the main page. Thanks to everybody. The nicknames this sight allows people to hide behind are not productive. If you are hiding behind one on facebook you will be deleted as a friend. We in Disc Golf Uprising are trying to form a responsible and positive community of disc golfers who care. We know if you do we will see you on Facebook!

Leave a comment:

• Lyounger
    replied
    Goose

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I get all my DG info here.
    Several years ago the SDGA members voted to use the NWDGN forum as their primary and official means of dispersing club information and receiving community feedback. It seemed reasonable since it was already a robust communication hub and it would allow ease of accessibility.

The founders of the DGU have the power to chose any official means of communication they wish. It's their prerogitive.

Leave a comment:

• kitawolf
    replied
    So is facebook now the only place to get news on DGU & Sekani?

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Someone should ask the moderators of this forum to restore the thread (with the offending posts deleted).

Leave a comment:

• Timber
    replied
    Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
    It magically disappeared. The only people that can edit or delete threads are the Webmaster, the moderators and maybe hackers.

Just for the record, who moved the thread? Where did it get moved to? How come registered NWDGN Forum members cannot access the thread anymore?
    Just for the record, I have no idea what happened. I am no longer the moderator for this forum.

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    Friend request Camp Sekani if you would like to post on the page. If you want to view the page it is viewable to anybody.
    I get all my DG info here.

So back to the club and it priorities In no particular order
    Course at Sekani. It's winter still

Forming new club,
    This seems like it should be number 1 with a bullet. Is there any indication of If/when DGU will offer it's charter. It seems to me that every instance the DGU heads have preached that:
    "That DGU has the complete support of the DG community for this project"

That the Player Initiative vote was unanimous. After all that has transpired I wonder if they still feel the same way?

I'd hate to see the baby thrown out with the bath water
    Last edited by LJ Jubner; February 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM. Reason: added thought

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Like Disc Golf Uprising presents Camp Sekani. If you would like to post on the page, you may. If you want to view the page it is viewable to anybody.
    Last edited by Yoduh; February 17th, 2012, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    DGU at save yoduhs face book No posts

Just because you feel the need to CYA dos not mean the rest of us should be left out of the loop. This is the premier spot for DG info in the NW and one of the best in the country, The old adage don't shit where you eat seems to have applied.

My next question

does this mean you are done posting here?

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    You can find further information on Disc golf Uprising presents Camp Sekani on Facebook.
    Last edited by Yoduh; February 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• friable7
    replied
    Hope and Prayers

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    I'm guessing it was either deleted or moved because of the content which was happening due to some unfortunate events.
    Hopefully, dialog will be re-established soon and the Community will be able to get updates from DGU on Sekani.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X