Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, not that I'm lobbying for it you understand, but just for the record or at least as I remember it, my objection was to calling it a Memorial, and for the obvious reason. Calling it an Open, on the other hand would be very flattering and also appreciated.

Originally posted by crdiscgolf View Post
    Having a Dennis Rockwell Open was mentioned at our first meeting and Dennis kind of shrugged off the idea and jokingly said that he'd be fine with it only after he was dead.

Having some name associated with birds, just like with the tee signs, is one idea we could go with.

Maybe to incorporate the "Goose Poo" we can have a custom disc with a picture of a goose, some "poop" splotches near the edges, and a title of "Goose $#!+"

Comment

The Foul Fowl Fling at Finley Lagoon

or, for short, just

The Foul Fowl Fling

Comment

Originally posted by Discing Dennis View Post
        OK, not that I'm lobbying for it you understand, but just for the record or at least as I remember it, my objection was to calling it a Memorial, and for the obvious reason. Calling it an Open, on the other hand would be very flattering and also appreciated.

That settles it then....

The Dennis Rockwell Foul Fowl Fling Open

Comment

Originally posted by DGShawn View Post
          That settles it then....

The Dennis Rockwell Foul Fowl Fling Open
          CRDGC's president also wanted to have one of our first tournaments the "Dennis Rockwell Open," and now that we've got approval from the man himself... I'm sure it may be used
          (It doesn't have to be this upcoming C Tier WSS tournament though)

The use of Finley Lagoon looks good too

We could also consider "Foul Fowl Open" as an alternative to "Foul Fowl Fling Open"

Maybe we can brainstorm about tournament titles like "open" "memorial" "fling" "toss" etc... and find the most appropriate to meet this particular tournament.

Comment

hmmmm...

I like the ring here " Columbia River Foul Fowl Open"

we could call it the Curffo....heh

Comment

I still think the first PDGA event should be the Dennis Rockwell Open . It can always be moved to a later date in the future. Here's a few more . Two Rivers Flick Fest...
              Two Rivers Huck & Chuck
              The Finley Flick
              The Goose Pooh Open
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                I still think the first PDGA event should be the Dennis Rockwell Open . It can always be moved to a later date in the future. Here's a few more . Two Rivers Flick Fest...
                Two Rivers Huck & Chuck
                The Finley Flick
                The Goose Pooh Open
                One thing to point out is that this WSS Tournament may or may not become an annual event. If it does, it also might not be a WSS event every year. Since this is the first year the club has been in operation, there shouldn't be any problem with changing a similar C Tier structured event's name in the future. But it also might turn into a B Tier and be run differently.

Keep the names coming!

Comment

I am huge fan of fun tourney names but I think if your hitting up sponsors you have to come up with cheeky fun but still good enough to be serious. I wish I had a good one to add but I really like "Two Rivers Classic".. I will think on this for a bit and post if I think of anything.
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The trifecta open

Comment

Two Rivers Open seems like a safe choice. If you are looking for a different name maybe 'The Drowning Disc Open' because of our Bay Holes. You can put a a custom stamp of a disc with arms TRYING to swim but struggling/drowning.

Comment

Two rivers.. Classic, challenge, Fling, Throwdown, shootout, Conquest, showdown, Cup. Battle of Two Rivers
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Columbia River FOUL! HIS TOE WAS OVER THE LINE! Fowl! Open. Mark it Zero-
                          Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

It's offical "The Dennis Rockwell Open" and thank you Dennis for the 25 plus years of blood and sweat to make TWO RIVERS the park that it is " The best PARK in the Tri-Cities" Enjoy your retirement !! you earned it
                            PDGA # 52916
                            CRDGC
                            TCDGC
                            FWWDGC
                            PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                              It's offical "The Dennis Rockwell Open" and thank you Dennis for the 25 plus years of blood and sweat to make TWO RIVERS the park that it is " The best PARK in the Tri-Cities" Enjoy your retirement !! you earned it
                              Fitting name for a man who gave so much to a park that will play host to the event.

I am not much of a hot weather tournament golfer...but I will brave the July sun in Finley for this one and just hope that it is another mild summer with temps in the 80s and not 100's.

Comment

Don't worry Kris , We'll have plenty of opportunities to get in the water
                                PDGA # 52916
                                CRDGC
                                TCDGC
                                FWWDGC
                                PDGC

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X