X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum for Columbia River Disc Golf information

Welcome members of crdiscgolf as well as members of nwdiscgolfnews forum! This is a forum dedicated to information about some of the many events that are held in the tri cities!
    "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
    -K Gas

So, just what is -A "qualifier only" tournament as referred to in the announcement of the
    -September 29-30th tournament at Two Rivers and Columbia Park ?

Comment

Originally posted by Discing Dennis View Post
      So, just what is -A "qualifier only" tournament as referred to in the announcement of the
      -September 29-30th tournament at Two Rivers and Columbia Park ?
      If I had to comment, without knowing everything, I would say that since it is the last event for the Washington State Series and it is mandatory to play the final that the event is first going to be open to players who have "x" number of state series events completed (qualified for finals).

Past final events were held open for qualifiers only up until x days before the event.

This is to prevent the event from filling before regulars on the series have a fair opportunity to register.

Coming down to WW right Dennis?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
        If I had to comment, without knowing everything, I would say that since it is the last event for the Washington State Series and it is mandatory to play the final that the event is first going to be open to players who have "x" number of state series events completed (qualified for finals).

Past final events were held open for qualifiers only up until x days before the event.

This is to prevent the event from filling before regulars on the series have a fair opportunity to register.

Coming down to WW right Dennis?
        That's the impression I've gotten, though Kyle is the one who would know for sure. I heard he played in all of the WSS events last year. Whether or not it is "qualifier only" or just "qualifiers are first in line for pre-registration," I'm not sure. We'll update the site with more information, including what it means and what is needed to qualify for the finals when the Series has finalized and settled on the details.

Comment

Aloha Sushi Classic - 2012

I'm planning on it. That last cortisone injection seems to have pushed my rotor cup problem into the background. A local pro showed me an improved grip for my sidearm throw that's added 30 - 40 ft to my average drive & I'm getting in a lot more practice, so I'm planning to sign up for the MS1 division & keep looking for some other old buzzards to do the same. Would be great to fill out a card.

When do sign-ups start?

Coming down to WW right Dennis?[/QUOTE]

Comment

I just started playing disc golf and was approached about joining the club. I'm interested in joining and in being part of a handicap league but have a couple of quick questions. One, where do I submit my membership application? Two, is the event tomorrow night the first of a season or is it an ongoing season such that I should probably start in a few weeks? I've never even played the two rivers course (only the one at Columbia Park).

Comment

You should come to Two Rivers tomorrow and check it out. There will be a lot of folks out there, including probably Randy and Kyle, the pres. and V. pres. They can answer any and all questions you have, as well as get you signed up for the club.

Tomorrows event is actually the second week of the handicapped event, but it is ongoing every week.

Comment

Hope to be there

Thanks. I plan to drop by tonight and check it out. Hopefully there is some sort of greeting/registration table so I know where to go and ask questions. I've never even been to this course and have only played three times so the whole thing is a little overwhelming and I'm probably jumping in too fast but I'll swing by and check it out. Thanks.

Comment

There is a trailer with a couple of drink machines in front, this is probably where most will be.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X