X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club positions - Nominations and discussion

With the upcoming club meeting, I'd like to post the positions that the club is looking to fill.

OFFICERS:
    Chairman of the Board:The Chairman shall preside over meetings and direct overall Club operations. The Chairman shall be a PDGA member and official. The Chairman shall be Sergeant-at-Arms and administer all judgments related to Club rules. The Chairman may appoint temporary replacements for officials who can not complete their terms. The Chairman is to be a standing Director elected by the Board of Directors.

Vice-Chairman of the Board:The Vice-Chairman shall assist the Chairman and shall be second in charge when ever the Chairman is not available. The Vice- Chairman shall be a PDGA member and official and is to be a standing Director elected by the Board of Directors.

Director of Finance:The Finance Director shall manage, account, and disperse all common Club funds. This officer shall provide financial status reports at each monthly meeting and at the annual meeting.

Director of Membership/Communication:The Membership Director shall oversee all aspects of membership including but not limited to: collection of dues, maintaining a club database, correspondence with members, and regular projects to help grow the Club. This officer shall oversee the Club web site and maintain the Club email address. The Club shall pay for all service charges.

Director of Promotions:The Promotions Director shall be responsible for Club public relations. This includes notifying media of special events and contacts with the respective Parks departments. This officer shall coordinate fund raising efforts with Event Directors for specific events and shall accept applications and appoint leaders and staff for special clinics and promotions.

Director of Programming:The Program Director shall oversee all Club disc golf events. This officer shall coordinate scheduling (within the club and with other clubs), organization and leadership of club events including but not limited to: all sanctioned and non-sanctioned tournaments, leagues, weekly doubles, all fund raisers, and all special events. The Programming Director shall accept applications and appoint Event Directors and help recruit volunteers.

Director of Facilities:
    The Facilities Director shall be responsible for course maintenance, course improvements and course development. This officer shall conduct monthly clean-up and maintenance projects covering all courses as well as coordinating work with the respective parks departments. All course modifications must be approved by a referendum vote by the membership.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

To kick this off, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for "Director of Programming" which includes organization and leadership of club events.

I'm getting more and more comfortable in running events and know most of the TD's who run events in the area, I think making me a natural fit for this position.

In general my events, however, aren't for the serious tournament player and are geared towards a more casual crowd. I do see a big, sponsored highly competitive PDGA event in the club's future but my focus would probably mostly remain in local, cheap, fun-based events.

Vote for me or against me - just vote!

Any other fearless volunteers out there ready to take on the adventure of a new disc golf club??? There are definitely big roles and small roles on the current board listing - any bit of help will make this club function effectively!
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I would like to do the obvious and nominate Keith for Chairman of the Board, he's as cool as any rat pack member, including Sinatra!

I've been giving it some thought and I think "Director of Finance" would best suit my abilities. I've been accounting for money for every weekly event I have run in the last year or so and kind of ushered in accounting for money via this website. This is where I shake hands and kiss baby's for your vote.

Thomas Little
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thanks for getting this all going, and for it to be (I hate this word) "transparent" with the process.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          I would like to do the obvious and nominate Keith for Chairman of the Board, he's as cool as any rat pack member, including Sinatra!

I've been giving it some thought and I think "Director of Finance" would best suit my abilities. I've been accounting for money for every weekly event I have run in the last year or so and kind of ushered in accounting for money via this website. This is where I shake hands and kiss baby's for your vote.

Thomas Little

Thanks Thomas, your too kind.
          I hope this doesn't mean I have to sing a song if I am nominated.

Wouldn't that be great to start seeing some lawn signs out there? After my drive yesterday from Ollala I still have some of those names stuck in my head ....hint hint, for anyone else wanting to help get the club board up and going..FEEL the power of lawn signs...
          Ever a more annoying campaign idea, pick your favorite hole at your favorite course and stick it the ground, right in front of the tee pad..

BTW guys if you decide to use these designs there will be a 10% campaign PR fee

Comment

Nice, look for mine center fairway of SeaTac 16 - you can't 'miss' it!
            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I don't know about my favorite course or hole but it would funny to put "Thomas Little: Director of Finance" on hole one at Terrace Creek!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                To kick this off, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for "Director of Programming" which includes organization and leadership of club events.

I'm getting more and more comfortable in running events and know most of the TD's who run events in the area, I think making me a natural fit for this position.

In general my events, however, aren't for the serious tournament player and are geared towards a more casual crowd. I do see a big, sponsored highly competitive PDGA event in the club's future but my focus would probably mostly remain in local, cheap, fun-based events.

Vote for me or against me - just vote!

Any other fearless volunteers out there ready to take on the adventure of a new disc golf club??? There are definitely big roles and small roles on the current board listing - any bit of help will make this club function effectively!
                What do you think about becoming Vice, Andrew? I nominate thee!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I meant to get around to this earlier, but I'd like nominate myself for Director of Membership/Communication.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    I meant to get around to this earlier, but I'd like nominate myself for Director of Membership/Communication.
                    You and Sheila may have to mud wrestle for it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Tim, you da man!

I think Sheila just wants to help out with "a" position not necessarily just membership, I'm sure you both can work something out
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                        Tim, you da man!

I think Sheila just wants to help out with "a" position not necessarily just membership, I'm sure you both can work something out
                        NO! I said mud wrestle for it!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Don't forget to vote by Sunday!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X