X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to continue...

I agree with a lot of what the previous posts have to say about the benefits of improving the game,courses, and elimating the bad.

Comment

I 'fore' one would love to see disc golf on tv with camera shots like they do in ball golf. My boys and i watch golf all the time and then they put some crappy dog show on and im thinking really!!?

I agree with the previous comment..........i dont think public park courses will go away if pay to play courses are established. Big tournaments that would be broadcast would of course be on the better courses that are kept up and manicured.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

If the pros are to receive bigger purses then I think that the disc companies need to combine efforts to all be sponsors at the NT events. As for pay to play we have several courses at this time that are pay to play and there is nothing wrong with having free and pay courses it gives people a choice. I know that i wouldn't be able to pay to play all the time so i would still be playing the free courses and helping keep them clean of debris this is how it pretty much works already. We at the lower levels shouldn't be responsible for the pros making more money on payouts we as a community need to show businesses we are a good investment for sponsorship.

Comment

This whole thread just pisses me off...Why oh why would you ever not want disc golf to be big? Discs will get better, more courses will be built, sponsors will come forward, there will be trash cans everywhere (for those players who feel that a tee sign is a good leaning spot for their empty Rainier can) and not to mention we might not be considered "that game that involves tossing that thing at that thing"!

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
            This whole thread just pisses me off...Why oh why would you ever not want disc golf to be big? Discs will get better, more courses will be built, sponsors will come forward, there will be trash cans everywhere (for those players who feel that a tee sign is a good leaning spot for their empty Rainier can) and not to mention we might not be considered "that game that involves tossing that thing at that thing"!
            Man your the biggest jack wagon there is!!! I heard you got some pretty sick things to throw at the things this weekend. What a firtata!
            My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Make it bigger. I have never heard any legit reasons why keeping the sport small would be better for anyone. Give me pay to play, give me large corporate sponsors, give me tv coverage, I will even take a nice chunk of change for last place cash. To make a living or some meaningful extra income as a mediocre pro disc golfer would be awesome!
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

There are already too many players clogging the courses.
                That's my simple reason for not wanting disc golf to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                  There are already too many players clogging the courses.
                  That's my simple reason for not wanting disc golf to grow.
                  But how many new courses have we seen in the last 7-8 years? Would we have as many courses as we do today without the growth?

I for one am excited to see the growth of the sports and all the new courses, discs, and players that it brings. If that means I need to wait my turn now and again so be it.

Comment

IMHO, disc golf will never be a sport where the top professional players earn a substantial living, like tennis, bowling, soccer, cycling, etc. Many players on the Portland Timbers get paid ~50k. Most athletes that compete in the Olympics don't get paid at all. For anyone who thinks disc golf is a career...well, I hope they have a backup plan. Disc golf is best when played for fun.

I think the slow growth to the sport is a good thing, more courses, discs manufacturers, players and larger tournament purse. Fast growth to the sport would likely cause environmental issues, litter and crowded parks and frustrated players which would be detrimental to the image of disc golf.

I found an an interesting article on Bleacher_Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ports-on-earth

I think that disc golf falls some where between ice golfing and cornhole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvzVzv094A

The sports that are going to get more media coverage are fast paced sports where people get hurt, just look at WipeOut and sports RedBull sponsors, like Parkour.

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                      IMHO, disc golf will never be a sport where the top professional players earn a substantial living, like tennis, bowling, soccer, cycling, etc. Many players on the Portland Timbers get paid ~50k. Most athletes that compete in the Olympics don't get paid at all. For anyone who thinks disc golf is a career...well, I hope they have a backup plan. Disc golf is best when played for fun.

I think the slow growth to the sport is a good thing, more courses, discs manufacturers, players and larger tournament purse. Fast growth to the sport would likely cause environmental issues, litter and crowded parks and frustrated players which would be detrimental to the image of disc golf.

I found an an interesting article on Bleacher_Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1413565-the-weirdest-sports-on-earth

I think that disc golf falls some where between ice golfing and cornhole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvzVzv094A

The sports that are going to get more media coverage are fast paced sports where people,get hurt, just look at WipeOut and sports RedBull sponsors, like Parkour.
                      Really? Fast growth to the sport would likely cause environmental issues, litter and crowded parks and frustrated players which would be detrimental to the image of disc golf. these are the biggest problems with disc golf now!:

Comment

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                        Really? Fast growth to the sport would likely cause environmental issues, litter and crowded parks and frustrated players which would be detrimental to the image of disc golf. these are the biggest problems with disc golf now!:
                        Then maybe disc golf is growing too fast. Maybe the expansion of courses cannot keep up with the increasing popularity of the sport. Therefor, if courses, overcrowded city courses, charged $2 then it would decrease the number of players and increase the resources available to handle these issues.

Comment

Man your the biggest jack wagon there is!!! I heard you got some pretty sick things to throw at the things this weekend. What a firtata!
                          Considering one of those things used to be one of your things makes it that much more enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                            Considering one of those things used to be one of your things makes it that much more enjoyable
                            Ur still a jack wagon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                              Then maybe disc golf is growing too fast. Maybe the expansion of courses cannot keep up with the increasing popularity of the sport. Therefor, if courses, overcrowded city courses, charged $2 then it would decrease the number of players and increase the resources available to handle these issues.
                              this is what I'm saying, but it is not growing to fast. People need to get away from the idea that it is a free game with frisbees and trees, It cost money!!!
                              Last edited by putter anonymous; December 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

It cost money!!!
                                only if you don't take discs that are named and numbered and don't give them back (sorry wrong thread)

. . . it doen't cost alot, but if you would rather buy beer than buy a disc and pay to play access to the park, it leaves more for me.

pay to play won't keep all the drunks and pot heads out (non sanctioned tourneys don't limit the field to non-smokers/drinkers) but it would limit the field to those who really want to play with respect for other players. non sanctioned tourneys limit the size of groups, even if some players are barely able to stand at the end of the tourney.

Bigger exposure means more people that don't need to get high or inebriated to enjoy the great out doors rattling the chains. save the drinking for after the round victory/winner/looser/bets/etc.

p.s.: I do want to thank the person that called me and put my star wraith on his front porch. I lost the number and gave it up to the DG karma, hoping because I was neglegent, they were enjoying a great disc. . . So, thank you disk return DG karma awesome people everywhere.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X