• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf on TV!

http://discgolftalkradio.com/2012/ne...-the-the-pdga/
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Yeah I just read about that, must be some of that big news we've been hearing about...
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

It's gonna be big.......we have been working very hard on this. Beaver State Fling is on the list
      PDGA President

Comment

Grow the sport! Maybe we can turn it into Golf - oh sorry "Ball Golf" then we can have big payouts, green fees and turn DG into everything we always whine about is wrong with Golf. Yeah awesome! High fives all around!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What tourneys have been choosen?

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
            Grow the sport! Maybe we can turn it into Golf - oh sorry "Ball Golf" then we can have big payouts, green fees and turn DG into everything we always whine about is wrong with Golf. Yeah awesome! High fives all around!
            actually that is the perfect goal to have for disc golf. once we start getting more pay to play courses, the quality of play will go up. and in turn we will get more people seeing it as a legitimate sport. big payouts? YES PLEASE! green fees? sure as long as its a good course that is well maintained. i would gladly pay to play at a nice course because i know that there will be less "shenanigans" happening on the course, and it would cut away some of the riff raff players. (yes i am stereotyping and biased, and somewhat judgmental. at least i am open about it.)

i would love to see disc golf become more like regular golf, not identical mind you, just more like it. hey them hippies can still go play hacky sack for free in some park.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

The last thing this world needs is more over payed athletes. Sports are for fun stop trying to turn it into a living, and stop concentrating large amounts of advertising dollars into a few individuals.

Hows that for some hippi talk

Comment

Originally posted by quenyaistar View Post
                The last thing this world needs is more over payed athletes. Sports are for fun stop trying to turn it into a living, and stop concentrating large amounts of advertising dollars into a few individuals.

Hows that for some hippi talk
                i agree that the last thing we need is OVER paid athletes, but im all for having decently paid athletes. and to think that sports are just for fun is absolute rubbish! when you involve human kind in any sporting/competitive activity for a long enough period of time the spirit of the activity evolves.
                its all well and good to have an idealistic idea of sports just being "for fun" but that just isnt reality. i would encourage anybody to try and make a living at something that they really love doing, in the case of sports the athletes love playing that sport so more power to them for trying to make a living doing it!

there is nothing written in any law that says once you start making money playing a sport you are not allowed to have fun anymore. its just different because they are more serious about their game so they can make the money, but they still do have fun playing the game. I think that disc golf has some large potential for becoming a well known and popular sport. and i like the idea of being part of a bigger, well known, competitive sport that people dont automatically associate with the pot smoking hippy type person.
                unfortunately there are still alot of people that i talk to that still have the image about disc golfers, and that makes them think twice about trying out the sport.

i think the news about disc golf teaming up with other sports in order to broadcast on cable is super exciting! i love it.

on a slightly less serious note, in the 1993 worlds video we see that Pizza Hut was a big sponsor, so why in the world can we not get Pizza Hut back into sponsor ship now that our sport has grown bigger since then???
                Team Meteor

Comment

http://www.ted.com/talks/nic_marks_t...net_index.html

Comment

i watched the video, and came to this conclusion. your post is better suited for the "off topic" section of the forums because it really has nothing to do with this thread of "Disc Golf on TV!".

if a moderator sees this, can you move it please? thanks.
                    Team Meteor

Comment

Nobody likes a tattle tail

You believe you will be happier with more resources directed toward Pro Disc Golf. Ted talks begs to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by quenyaistar View Post
                        Nobody likes a tattle tail

You believe you will be happier with more resources directed toward Pro Disc Golf. Ted talks begs to differ.
                        not tattle tailing, i just like to see threads keep on their topic especially this one because it is important. i dont have any problems with the video you posted, but it really should be in the "off topic" section of the forums. thats all. once you post it where it belongs we can talk about its message.
                        Team Meteor

Comment

So what are the 4 selected tourneys?
                          And where will this ESN be found? (Channel)

Comment