Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discraft/Innova team players jumping ship?

Anyone have some more information on all the drama I see on facebook?
    www.rewindb.com

facebook drama!?!

hurry hurry!!! someone fill us in!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Cale Leviska has left Discraft for what can be assumed to go to Lavonne Wolfe's new company Disc Golf Prodigy
      Will Schusterick has followed suit
      Ron Convers Jr has left Discraft for DD
      Page Pierce is supposedly doing the same (going to DD)
      Liz Lopez is undecided but most likely going to DD
      Eric McCabe has been spotted playing several rounds with an all Latitude bag and Latitude is fielding an American team this year. He's either going to DD or Latitude (DD discs being molded by Latitude)
      Dixon Jowers has left Innova for DD
      Devan Owens left Discraft for Prodiscus

Anymore questions?
      Last edited by General Scales; December 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM. Reason: Forgot about the worlds highest rated left handed player
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

The most significant thing I have heard is that Dynamic Discs is begining to carry their own line and this is forcing people sponsored to choose who they will stay with. That is the basic idea of what I saw.
        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

It only makes sense that as the arena gets more crowded the elite players will move around looking for the best deal.

If I had a guess, I'd say DD is making a big investment in the futre by offering sweet sponsorships packages to some top-tier players.

Comment

Well not only are Dynamic Discs making discs but one of two things is going to happen:
            1.) Dynamic will allow their team players to play with a mixed bag so long as they have a Dynamic Disc in their bag
            2.) Dynamic Discs will only allow their team players to play with their product and they are molded by Latitude which would make any Latitude disc acceptable to throw.

Either way it's going to be interesting.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I also believe that with Discraft anyone on that team is only supposed to be throwing Discraft but I could be wrong. That adds to some of this.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I am friends with a member of team discraft who has told me earlier this week that in January he will be joining Team DD and will be throwing DD and Latitude exclusively. Not trying to be obtuse but he has asked me not to share his name...
                Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Prodigy disc golf is where most are going for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    Cale Leviska has left Discraft for what can be assumed to go to Lavonne Wolfe's new company Disc Golf Prodigy
                    Will Schusterick has followed suit
                    Ron Convers Jr has left Discraft for DD
                    Page Pierce is supposedly doing the same (going to DD)
                    Liz Lopez is undecided but most likely going to DD
                    Eric McCabe has been spotted playing several rounds with an all Latitude bag and Latitude is fielding an American team this year. He's either going to DD or Latitude (DD discs being molded by Latitude)
                    Dixon Jowers has left Innova for DD
                    Devan Owens left Discraft for Prodiscus

Anymore questions?
                    I just watched a youtube video of Paige Pierce stating that she will not be sponsored by DD next year due to the fact that they now have there own disc line. It would be a conflict of interest, the plot thickens... PS: Garret Gurthie, Ricky Wysocki, and Paul Ulibarri have all also said goodbye to Innova today.

Comment

And I am now only throwing Latitude. As the world turns...
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

It's pretty interesting. I hope it works out for them.
                        www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                          And I am now only throwing Latitude. As the world turns...
                          But Lund continues to out throw you by several feet.

Comment

Latitude!

Common, I'm all latitude too, and I'm confident I can out throw Lund ;-P
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I had a latitude rep give me a bag of innova discs and made me promise that I would never throw latitude.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X