X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loki View Post
    I had a latitude rep give me a bag of innova discs and made me promise that I would never throw latitude.
    wow, you must be pretty bad! on a serious note, it is nice to see more and more companies coming out and putting preasure on innova and discraft. not alot of pressure but still its enough to keep the big two from getting to comfortable.

if i was to replace any of my discraft in my bag i would replace it with Latitude discs. they are some extremely fine discs.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Close.........but you're still wrong.

You'll have to wait until January 1st.
      PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post

HUH? who's wrong and what happens on january 1st?
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          HUH? who's wrong and what happens on january 1st?
          x2

Comment

ok, I'll participate in a speculation thread.

Anytime a third party company comes to the table, there are some that think they have to knock someone else out to have a seat at the table. Vibrams setting up to the group ok and didn't have to steal (marketshare) from the others, so I don't think that'll be a big deal with DD or Prodigy to work out their own success. You don't have to be the biggest entity on the block to be successful - just successful enough to meet your own goals.

However, here's my interesting observations and thoughts:

DISTRIBUTION

Distribution is a big thing if you are primarily focused on selling a lower cost commodity. I have a good feeling on how DD is planning their distribution scheme - they already have it going. Maybe add wholesale order capability for regional brick and mortar. No prob there.

What I'm interested in seeing is the Prodigy distribution plan. Same thing - dive into online distribution, and grow ground up with small and medium sized wholesale arrangements? Likely. Or maybe they've got an "ace" in their pocket for a pre-arranged distribution network. There was rumors of an earlier disc golf meets Dicks Sporting goods effort somewhere, and I don't off hand know how Southern centric that would be. (pure speculation)

Additionally, I'm interested to see what happens specifically to touring pros that (perhaps) now have a higher stake in a startup company. Could we see touring pro team members now really drawn into being a notable part of the distribution and sales force? Commission, part equity, percentage of personal sales, blah, blah, blah.. you get it - it changes what it might mean to be one of these team members.

Could many touring pros now start traveling in larger merchandise vehicles, with them having a greater drive to sales as a distributer/point of purchase?

Side note: How awesome for DD that they got the Emporia Worlds bid to work out so well at a good timing!

Comment

Rebecca how about we start having board members relinquish their sponsorship when they take on the PDGA responsibilities. I am tired of seeing the PDGA be influenced by disc golf companies interests.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

and relinquish their affiliations with other DG entities, even if they aren't pros.

Comment

Well, I will say all this speculation sure makes me feel that if players can switch sponsors so easily, then I guess it is their own talents, and not certain discs, that make them play so well in the first place. Of course, don't we all already know that?

Which is, of course, contrary to how advertising and selling discs goes in this sport. How many people buy discs from certain companies just because they have certain good players on their team? The manufacturers will always promote their them with either an explicit or implicit message of "see what he or she did with our discs! You should buy these discs and throw them too!"

But isn't this also true in nearly all other products? We Americans can be so stupid; why should I ever use a certain product just because a successful athlete is paid to tell me I should?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                    But isn't this also true in nearly all other products? We Americans can be so stupid; why should I ever use a certain product just because a successful athlete is paid to tell me I should?
                    Iphor One wouldn't (apple) dream of buying anything (nike) for any reason (amazon) other than that the products (innova) are the best for my (underarmor) game. I am not (christmas) influenced by anything (infomercals) but my own experience and preference (cable tv). Now hold that thought while i get my credit card out because I only have 10 minuted before this offer expires.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/ProdigyDisc...77928238899955

Prodigy Disc Roster:

Nikko Locastro
                      Paige Pierce
                      Will Schusterick
                      Ricky Wysocki
                      Catrina Allen
                      Jeremy Koling
                      Garret Gurthie
                      Sarah Hokom
                      Paul Ulibarri
                      Cale Leiviska
                      Cameron Colglazier
                      DGOD Tag #2
                      Grip Lok Tag #17

Who wants to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                        Rebecca how about we start having board members relinquish their sponsorship when they take on the PDGA responsibilities. I am tired of seeing the PDGA be influenced by disc golf companies interests.
                        Like!
                        Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post

I don't get on here very much so sorry for the delay.

I'm all for not having touring pros on the Board but what gives you the idea that the PDGA is being influenced by disc golf companies?
                          PDGA President

Comment

I don't get on here very much so sorry for the delay.

I'm all for not having touring pros on the Board but what gives you the idea that the PDGA is being influenced by disc golf companies?
                            I don't have a problem with all PDGA members being represented on an equal basis. Touring pros should have just as much say as the rest of us... just not "more" of a say. One thing I think is very important, however, is that they abstain from any votes that that would directly benefit them, or their personal sponsors.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

We all fill out "Conflict of Interest" forms when we start our term and upgrade them as necessary. We abstain from votes that we are in direct conflict with. If a Board member tries to vote in direct conflict, other board members will call them out.
                              PDGA President

Comment

We all fill out "Conflict of Interest" forms when we start our term and upgrade them as necessary. We abstain from votes that we are in direct conflict with. If a Board member tries to vote in direct conflict, other board members will call them out.
                                Excellent.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X