Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest 60/40 on the ace especially in best shot since each of you placing a good shot first sets up the partner to go for it.

Comment

I have had partners Demand their half and others refuse their half.
      Would be nice if the TD specified, or if my partner got one.

Comment

I always do 50/50 no questions or discussion needed on the ace pot. Either way I leave with more money than I came with, if I happen to get one.

Comment

I know almost all the people that play doubles in my area, and they know me. Based on our different skills, is how we determine who drives first. In best shot, I do not play any lay ups off the tee, unless we are playing in a big money tourney. If it's random draw with acepot, the acepot is always more than we will win in doubles, so I always encourage my partner to go for it as well. I always discuss splitting, and if we are of equal skill, we will normally split.If one player is far better or worse than me, I will generally suggest a 75/25 split. I tend to throw first from the other persons lie, but will let them putt out their own birdies from inside the circle

Comment

I've played my fair share of doubles and while I'm always happy to oblige people's specific order desires, I personally find the alternate who drives first a little silly. As a control oriented player, when I'm on long courses and I'm playing with a long-arm I like to go first to try and lay down a good safe drive. For second shot, I generally hold to whoever had the best drive shoots second, my only exception being on medium length jump putts, I will sometimes ask to go first because the way I jump putt, even my misses rarely go more than 6-10 feet past the basket, that way if I'm playing with a cannon arm jump-putter they don't have to feel the need to lay up a runnable jump putt.
            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I usualy will ask my partner what type of format they want, I.E. do you want to drive first or second all the time, or just regular rotation. I also will let my partner putt out the nice birdy, if they had the drive to get close to the basket. I feel if my partner had the good drive to set-up for the easy birdy, they deserve the putt. I mean what exactly did I do to help right??
              I'm known for having that "go for it all the time" type of game, and usualy my random dubs partner will ask me to t-off second the whole round. I actualy prefer this, lets me try shots I usualy dont, unless my partner had a bad throw.
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Ready golf.........if my partner is ready to drive and im still sitting there picking my nose then drive away. I usually like to drive first and put it out there safe and take any stress off my partner. I think deciding who goes first really comes into play when approaching and putting. If i feel i can putt and go for it and not land too far away if i miss then i should definitley go first and let my partner take a run at it. If my partner feels he has no chance of getting it in and wants to lay up then ill make the run at it second.

As far as ace pot money..........im a hit and split player. My partner does not have to split with me, but if you are my parnter and i hit the ace pot........youre getting half.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X