• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the blue lake park page

"Park visitors who walk or bike to the park do not pay a parking fee"

Comment

Really?

If you drive just pay the fee. You insult everyone who cares about this park by not doing so.

Comment

Its kind of funny, I've been following this thread all along and having never played the course, just assumed by the name calling, the threat of course removal, and the overal tone, that this thread was talking about a real issue of nobody paying to park. But no, It's about a "three to five car patch of asphalt". That really puts this into perspective...
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Much larger area than that Chris. Also people are starting to park up the streets in front of neighborhood houses. It's an issues that needs to be delt with much sooner than later. Best to get the problem in hand before it really takes off. 3-5 cars is an extremely conservative estimate. On a side note, I have a couple glow MRVs for trade if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
            Much larger area than that Chris. Also people are starting to park up the streets in front of neighborhood houses. It's an issues that needs to be delt with much sooner than later. Best to get the problem in hand before it really takes off. 3-5 cars is an extremely conservative estimate. On a side note, I have a couple glow MRVs for trade if you're interested.
            Well, a little thread drift is probably exactly what is needed here anyway... So, YES! I am definetely interested in your MRV's. PM me and let me know what you have.

Comment

Chris Gilberts parked his camper in my yard for 3 days to play Aquafest. In hindsight, I should have charged him at least $5 per day to park there. If I would have brought this up, he would have probably just moved his camper to my neighbor's property and walked to my house to drink all my beers.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                Chris Gilberts parked his camper in my yard for 3 days to play Aquafest. In hindsight, I should have charged him at least $5 per day to park there. If I would have brought this up, he would have probably just moved his camper to my neighbor's property and walked to my house to drink all my beers.
                After I finished drinking your beer, I kicked your ass in fooseball, signed my name on your table and left.

Comment

Long before disc golf

I don't know how many of you all used the Blue Lake park before the course was installed but parking at the corner of Interlachen has been going on for a long time. I had a friend that lived back in the neighborhood for a couple of years and i used to see people unloading bikes going for walks and even parking at this location to walk into see fireworks. I hope that people parking there for free doesn't go away. Like I said I bought a pass and knew that the complaints were going to start and I wouldn't be surprised if it started from within the disc golf community we have bigger fish to fry like drinking,smoking and trash. also would it make everyone happy if someone paid to park 8 times and parked for free the rest of the year it is still 40 dollars whats the difference.

P.S. would you like me to display my pass when I park at hole 8
                  Last edited by Scotty B; December 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine lives on a street where people park to play tennis. There is no parking lot for the courts so we (the tennis players)park where we can. One day she pulled up and couldn’t park in front of her house. She saw my pickup parked on the block and came up and asked me to park on the next block. I understand why she asked but I asked if she would rather have friends park on her block or move to the next block so strangers could park on hers. She understood what I meant.

The way I see this thread is, some people want their friends (or the few who read this) to pay to park. The people who park on the road may not be members of or even know this forum exists. If you want to help your cause, help the neighbors change the parking rules outside of the park.

Maybe you should take a second before complaining about people finding a way to save a couple of bucks while acting within the law.

Comment

Parking vs litter, drinking, smoking, yelling profanities...
                      No brainer which the neighbors are worried about.
                      Those spots have been there, and used, Many, many years before the course was in.

Comment

I understand that people have been parking outside the park (and walking in) for years. This I'm sure has been a talking point and inconvenience (at times) to neighbors. The issue is that now all those people who used to park there are still going to park there and now there will be many more people doing the same compounding the issue for the neighbors. If it does get out of hand disc golfers will become the scapegoat for everyone.
                        Of course there are other issues such as drinking, smoking etc but all these things should be proactively addressed in concert with each other. Saying that parking is only a "little" problem is stupid. If a neighborhood association is bothered enough they will act and they will be heard. (I again refer to the short-lived park in Gresham that had the support of the majority of neighbors but because of the gripes of two people in particular the course was pulled. These two people started a facebook page and daily posted pictures of cans/bottles, cigarette butts and where and how people parked).
                        There will always be some people who will thoughtlessly park but those of us who frequent this website are mostly people deeply entrenched in the disc golf community and it should be our duty to spread the word that parking outside blue lake could very easily lead to a disharmony between the neighbors and the course and could ultimately lead to it's removal. It would be a shame but if it happens don't say I (and many many others) didn't warn you.
                        If you park outside Blue Lake you may not be a douchebag but you most certainly are cheap and thoughtless and your actions could well lead to actions that will spoil the fun for many.

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                          I understand that people have been parking outside the park (and walking in) for years. This I'm sure has been a talking point and inconvenience (at times) to neighbors. The issue is that now all those people who used to park there are still going to park there and now there will be many more people doing the same compounding the issue for the neighbors. If it does get out of hand disc golfers will become the scapegoat for everyone.
                          Of course there are other issues such as drinking, smoking etc but all these things should be proactively addressed in concert with each other. Saying that parking is only a "little" problem is stupid. If a neighborhood association is bothered enough they will act and they will be heard. (I again refer to the short-lived park in Gresham that had the support of the majority of neighbors but because of the gripes of two people in particular the course was pulled. These two people started a facebook page and daily posted pictures of cans/bottles, cigarette butts and where and how people parked).
                          There will always be some people who will thoughtlessly park but those of us who frequent this website are mostly people deeply entrenched in the disc golf community and it should be our duty to spread the word that parking outside blue lake could very easily lead to a disharmony between the neighbors and the course and could ultimately lead to it's removal. It would be a shame but if it happens don't say I (and many many others) didn't warn you.
                          If you park outside Blue Lake you may not be a douchebag but you most certainly are cheap and thoughtless and your actions could well lead to actions that will spoil the fun for many.
                          ^^ I think this comment right here sums up the whole point of this thread. Well said.
                          Basket thieves

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X