X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    So far, Metro IS happy with how things are going, but they have definitely pointed out the few areas where we are having trouble. Mainly the problems were littering, boozing, smoking and that damned parking issue. Thankfully, Metro's proactive installation of additional trash cans has helped with the littering considerably.
    Originally posted by sillybizz
    It's funny how there is more of an outcry in this sport over where you should be parking your car or returning a lost disc rather than not drinking, leaving litter and driving home drunk after playing your round at the local course.
    hmm looks like these have been talked about...

so as long as they dont drink/ get drunk or litter there empties it is ok to sneak in to play and piss off the local neighbors by parking along the street is that basically what your still saying SB? maybe you should worry about courses that you can have an effect on instead of what we have going on down here.
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Fucking sillybizzzzzz.....

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

so as long as they dont drink/ get drunk or litter there empties it is ok to sneak in to play and piss off the local neighbors by parking along the street is that basically what your still saying SB? maybe you should worry about courses that you can have an effect on instead of what we have going on down here.
      Hell yeah Scott!
      Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

I think what he's saying is that there are bigger issues out there than the ones that get bitched about the most often.

And just because he doesn't live nearby means he can't voice his opinion? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I think what he's saying is that there are bigger issues out there than the ones that get bitched about the most often.

And just because he doesn't live nearby means he can't voice his opinion? WTF?
          you know what i have been playing this sport 15 yrs and i have known 1 discer that got a dui, while i have seen consumption of adult beverages, i saw very few people that were driving that i would not have gotten in their car a ridden with them.
          i worked at a couple of country clubs in the 80's and saw more than a few members that i never would have gotten into a golf cart with to play golf with let alone get in their cars afterwards to go home.

Now that being said im sure that the masses of reg. discing people that dont put any time into the building or up keep of said courses and just go get shitfaced blotto and should not drive and leave empties every where on the course and start fires with the cigs they throw on the ground in their drunken stupors are def. a more important thing to deal with than people parking along a 2 way street and sneaking onto the course instead of not buying that Fing $8 18 pack of Natty ice to drink and litter that $5 pack of butts all over instead of just paying 5 dollars to park inside...... all of whom will never read this thread and in the end we may lose because of it...and if your to stupid to drive drunk

and his opinion is as follows please Mr Hill tell me what he has contributed to this thread.

1) nothing about riding your bike to the course...

2) parking a few blocks away from a sports event to save a few bucks?? yea playing disc golf is like going to a Mariners or Seahawks or a Blazers game.....

3) as for the road crew that put in the streets and signs..... huh??

Originally posted by sillybizz
          So if you bike to work because parking is too expensive are you being a "douche bag" too?

So someone is saving a couple of bucks by walking a little farther like when you go to a sports event and park farther away to save money? Sounds reasonable but I guess that would be taking away from all of the hard work of the people who built the streets and and signs rights

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sillybizz
          It's funny how there is more of an outcry in this sport over where you should be parking your car or returning a lost disc rather than not drinking, leaving litter and driving home drunk after playing your round at the local course.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Wow, just for the record, I only ASKED about parking for free, I have never DONE so. I have PAID to park in the LOT and started on hole ONE all two times I have been there. Carry on.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Hit a nerve

Comment

I have paid to park the first 2 times and made it to hole 14 and hole 11 with the family before they could take no more. The next 2 times I parked by hole 8 and started there so we could play the rest of the course. The last came without the fam and paid but got to finish my round. I will be buying my pass next time I go.
                Maybe 15 cars could park there by hole eight for whatever reason. As long as they are being respectful of the rules and not making disc golfers look bad other than being cheap.
                I don't imagine the course being pulled because of someone taking pictures of there cars being parked on the street. But I could see it being pulled for pictures of people drinking and smoking and other illegal a activities that happen at every other park.
                Parking is the least of my worries there and ill be glad to buy the pass for such a nice course.

Comment

so as long as they dont drink/ get drunk or litter there empties it is ok to sneak in to play and piss off the local neighbors by parking along the street is that basically what your still saying SB?
                  Adam already went over this but I'll repeat it; no one is 'sneaking' into the park, you pay to park your car in a certain area not to play the course.

So what YOU'RE saying is that it's OK to drink, litter, swear, do drugs, etc. at the course so long as you park your car in the fee area?

maybe you should worry about courses that you can have an effect on instead of what we have going on down here.
                  That is a very snobby, cliquey thing to say that I would expect to hear out of a Seattle area golfer.

It's an internet forum and I can state my opinion as long as I have an account, I could live in France and it doesn't matter.

If you take a look at my DGCR page you will see that I have played in six states and if you paid attention to many of my posts all over the interwebz you would be smart enough to figure out that I am a Stumptown member and that I travel to the Portland and Albany areas many times a year so these are courses that I do have an effect on.

You're missing my point in that there are bigger things that people do (or don't do) that have an effect on whether P&R are going to approve a new course than where they park their car.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Not paying for parking.. Not doing your part.. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8MaxW8 View Post
                      Not paying for parking.. Not doing your part.. Nuff said.
                      What a persuasive argument!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

as i read between the lines within sillybizz's post i think what he is trying to say is that "he is volunteering to pay for everybodys parking and he is going to provide all the drinks and pot you can consume while on the course".

pay the parking fee people, you really cant be THAT HARD UP FOR MONEY.
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I'm wondering why the parks did it this way, I mean they have to have known that people would find another spot to park close to the course to not pay for the parking. Is this something that slipped through the cracks or was it intended only for that parking spot within the park? Maybe instead of whining on the forum someone should inform them that people are doing this. Maybe they will start towing cars or maybe they don't care, who knows but until they are contacted we don't know. It's NOT pay to play the course it's pay to park your car and if some are smart enough to not pay then I say all more power to them and the more idiotic it makes the people in charge of the park look. If it's supposed to be pay to play then make it pay to play don't F around with some weird parking rule and if it's not then these people aren't doing anything wrong.

That's it for me in this thread the Sillybizz bashing can now go on without response from me.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I know in West Linn there are many areas with street side parking that is permit only. People that live in the neighborhood get free permits. The streets open for public parking between 6 pm and 8 am. I would like to see something like this at Blue Lake!

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              I'm wondering why the parks did it this way, I mean they have to have known that people would find another spot to park close to the course to not pay for the parking. Is this something that slipped through the cracks or was it intended only for that parking spot within the park? Maybe instead of whining on the forum someone should inform them that people are doing this. Maybe they will start towing cars or maybe they don't care, who knows but until they are contacted we don't know. It's NOT pay to play the course it's pay to park your car and if some are smart enough to not pay then I say all more power to them and the more idiotic it makes the people in charge of the park look. If it's supposed to be pay to play then make it pay to play don't F around with some weird parking rule and if it's not then these people aren't doing anything wrong.

That's it for me in this thread the Sillybizz bashing can now go on without response from me.

Silly,
                              Not sure if you've had an opportunity to play this course yet. The parking area in question is within a neighborhood, but close to the park turn on hole 7/8. This is the one and only spot close enough to park and still get into the park. This is also a spot many of the neighbors would prefer to allow their guest and friends to park at, hence the reason they have not restricted this small 3-5 car patch of asphalt as no parking yet.

Bruce,
                              Great idea restricting the time allowed to park. That is the solution several neighbors are mentioning to the Blue Lake staff.

I had a great conversation with someone in the office today when I bought my year pass. I made sure to clearly state I'm buying the pass because of the Disc Golf course. I asked if the had any issues with disc golfers and they have been very pleased, litter has been cut down due to trash and recycle bins, and the parking situation is frustrating to the neighbors but not a deal breaker yet. This idea of a time that is restricted for parking is what she mentioned they plan to use as a remedy.

I had chosen not to get the pass when the park opened and it cost me over $55 since I had played so often in that short amount of time. I will make sure I don't let this pass lapse, unlike my Washington park pass I gladly let expire.
                              PDGA# 49616
                              Stumptown# 353
                              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Fucking sillybizzzzzz.....

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                                What a persuasive argument!
                                It shouldn't be an argument.. It's common sense.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X