X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    I don't think it's right, but some things will never change.
    It's been going on for years at other places and I have yet to hear of any courses being closed because of it.
    Tom Pearce in Grants Pass deals with this daily. The worst part of this being that the jerks start the course on hole 8.
    So, don't design courses with holes 7 or 8 by public access and we should be gudt to go, eh?
    I think if you state your feelings to these peeps in an educational way, (line them up in a firing squad and throw stiff Eclipses at their knees) you may get one or two to climb on board and then, after they can walk again, they may teach they're buddies to start on tee 1.
    I haven't been to Tom Pearce, what's the situation?

Comment

same-o same-o

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      I haven't been to Tom Pearce, what's the situation?
      People park outside the gate to avoid the park fee and walk into the course. Typically they start on hole #8.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Tp has a park fee?
        When did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Chainley View Post
          What I though was a little effed up was the fact the season pass doesn't start when you buy it, unlike the state parks pass does. I have spent $40.00 on parking this year at Blue Lake and I will now be parking on the street when I go there to play. I will however, walk to hole 1 to begin.
          i concur, hanley. i mean, chet (would hate to blow your secret identity).

i do pay when i go, but that's 'cause i have a really hard time breaking the rules... i now i have spent well over $40 and am hoping that someone gets me a permit for christmast (hint hint, dad).
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I don't think it's right, but some things will never change.
            It's been going on for years at other places and I have yet to hear of any courses being closed because of it.
            Tom Pearce in Grants Pass deals with this daily. The worst part of this being that the jerks start the course on hole 8.
            So, don't design courses with holes 7 or 8 by public access and we should be gudt to go, eh?
            I think if you state your feelings to these peeps in an educational way, (line them up in a firing squad and throw stiff Eclipses at their knees) you may get one or two to climb on board and then, after they can walk again, they may teach they're buddies to start on tee 1.
            eclipses!!! i have lots... let me know if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              Tp has a park fee?
              When did that happen?
              Both Lake Selmac and Tom Pearce require a Josephine County Parks day-use fee. A few years ago it was $2, but now it's $4. I wonder if the price increase led to significantly more people parking outside and walking in.

By the way, I don't see why anyone cares if people jump onto a course on a hole other than #1, as long as they move faster (or at least the same speed) as the people "behind" them.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                By the way, I don't see why anyone cares if people jump onto a course on a hole other than #1, as long as they move faster (or at least the same speed) as the people "behind" them.
                Because they never do move faster. They jump in front causing you to be delayed. You waited behind the groups on hole one, then as things are flowing nice you have to wait on hole 7, 8, or 9 because they didn't want to wait at hole one and jump in front of you.

Comment

as long as? yeh right

Both Lake Selmac and Tom Pearce require a Josephine County Parks day-use fee. A few years ago it was $2, but now it's $4. I wonder if the price increase led to significantly more people parking outside and walking in.

Joe County Parks require a "park permit" fee, not a "day-use" fee. This fee went up from $2 to $4 Jan. of last year as a result of budget cuts and certain parks being close to the chopping block. The 'outsider' problem escalated this summer and is indeed an issue with the park peeps. They are currently working with the city zoning/street peeps to see what can be done.
                  Adam, I think that taking cuts is rude and much worse than walking in for free and if you ever see Emma and I behind you with our Eclipser's you may want to let us know that you for sure started on hole one.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Adam, I think that taking cuts is rude and much worse than walking in for free
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't tournament players start in different spots all over the course? How is that different?

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                    Because they never do move faster. They jump in front causing you to be delayed.
                    Really? They never move faster? So you're saying that when I'm playing by myself and I jump in on hole #4, the foursome with beer coolers and chairs on #2 is going to catch up to me?
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't tournament players start in different spots all over the course? How is that different?

i'm gonna assume you're really asking this... so here goes: it is different because 1) you're playing a tournament. 2) everyone starts at the same time. 3) the groups consist of 4 or less... so you are not stuck behind a group of 5 or 6 or 8 or... 4) it's a tournament. people are aware of speed of play and are not drinking, gabbing (well, one would hope), answering their phones/texting or otherwise lollygagging.

it's just different, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        i'm gonna assume you're really asking this... so here goes: it is different because 1) you're playing a tournament. 2) everyone starts at the same time. 3) the groups consist of 4 or less... so you are not stuck behind a group of 5 or 6 or 8 or... 4) it's a tournament. people are aware of speed of play and are not drinking, gabbing (well, one would hope), answering their phones/texting or otherwise lollygagging.

it's just different, yo.
                        What if 18 groups of people showed up all at once to play at a course, in a non-tournament situation? Would it really make more sense for EVERYONE to wait for their turn at #1, while the rest of the course was sitting empty? Of course not, that'd be silly and a waste of a lot of people's time.

(And for the record, if I was playing with a group of 5 or 6 or 8, god forbid, I probably wouldn't jump into the middle of a course. But I don't like playing in groups of more than three.)
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

What if 18 groups of people showed up all at once to play at a course, in a non-tournament situation? Would it really make more sense for EVERYONE to wait for their turn at #1, while the rest of the course was sitting empty? Of course not, that'd be silly and a waste of a lot of people's time.

(And for the record, if I was playing with a group of 5 or 6 or 8, god forbid, I probably wouldn't jump into the middle of a course. But I don't like playing in groups of more than three.)
                          no! it wouldn't make sense, mr. schneider! fine! you win! now stop being ridiculous and creating fantastical imaginary disc golfing scenarios that will never happen. sheesh.

Last edited by emmarose; December 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: forgot the necessary "this is all fun & games" smiley

Comment

That situation never happens unless it's DGOD affiliated!
                            Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

Park along side the road and enjoy it, but when they put up signs or change the use of this road side parking don't bitch and moan when you need to continue driving into that park and pay your fees. If the parking situation creates an issue they will modify your behavior or it will cost you in a larger fee.

I can only speculate that this road side parking will be changing in the future and it won't be Metro who will be driving the change but the Interlachen community will be at the helm.

Keep an eye on the meeting minutes on this website
                              http://www.interlachen-hoa.org/?page_id=2

I always play through groups starting on Hole 8, Why should I wait on you when I have paid $5.00 to play you freeloaders!
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Really? They never move faster? So you're saying that when I'm playing by myself and I jump in on hole #4, the foursome with beer coolers and chairs on #2 is going to catch up to me?
                                First off, a tournament reserves the course so they can do whatever they want. No?

Secondly, you obviously aren't the type of person being talked about here. It's the people that cause you to wait. Paranoid much? Reading comprehension is a good thing.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X