Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Disc Golf Putting League....IDEAS PLEASE????

Starting a indoor disc golf putting league here in the Tri-Cities. League events will begin the first week of Decemeber and meet once each week until the end of Feb. 12 weeks?

Need some opinions on league format?????

Would like to have hadicaps rather then divisions.

Any ideas?

Im no help with any ideas, but it sounds like fun

Comment

I think a league like this shouldn't need divisions or handicaps. It will start off skewed in favor of those that putt well but hopefully it would serve as a push for those needing more practice.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

You might run the league as singles & doubles where the doubles team is formed by pairing the first & last place (2nd & next to last, etc.) singles from the previous week. This would create at atmosphere for natural coaching by the better player.

You'll have to watch out for baggers & ringers, but pairing by the previous week's performance might cut down on that.

Comment

I have no suggestions but I think this is an awesome idea.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
            You might run the league as singles & doubles where the doubles team is formed by pairing the first & last place (2nd & next to last, etc.) singles from the previous week. This would create at atmosphere for natural coaching by the better player.

You'll have to watch out for baggers & ringers, but pairing by the previous week's performance might cut down on that.
            I like this thought. I think it is great to share knowledge.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

dont know if you have seen this, you may be able to "borrow" some info/ideas
              http://tipl.weebly.com/perfect-putt-360.html

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                I have no suggestions but I think this is an awesome idea.
                Hey Stu,

Could be interesting to see if the HUB in Liberty Lake would be willing to set something like this up. The have a ton of space - 10 full sized volleyball courts - they may even have netting that could be set up as an area to just throw and keep your arm loose and in shape over the cold winter months.

Thanks for the idea mcbentz

Comment

Good point made by Scott,

How much space would you have? Only room for one basket?

Room for two baskets about 25/30 ft apart? (this opens up a lot of opportunities)

Some games as head to head, time compressed. Cross firing across each others putting lines? Speed rounds? Have two main features each week - one solo skill and one style where its a time compressed frenzy?

Would you want to plan your programs/games with a stack(s) of 10 matching "league putters", or have everyone bring their own?

total quiet zone concentration putting is a good skill, but could be boring and quiet for other attenders. I'd think more along the lines of a "pop a shot" matches. Maybe not necessarily transferrable to the course, but a blast to play. Who knows.. maybe throw in some Kan Jam or something to mix it up.

Set up of some putting "teams" and make it about team pride. Something that encourages teams to form, maybe they'd make up some team shirts and let the smack talk begin.

Sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                    Hey Stu,

Could be interesting to see if the HUB in Liberty Lake would be willing to set something like this up. The have a ton of space - 10 full sized volleyball courts - they may even have netting that could be set up as an area to just throw and keep your arm loose and in shape over the cold winter months.

Thanks for the idea mcbentz
                    I like it, I'll get in contact with them today or tomorrow and see what we can set up. If we get permission, we'll have to figure out how to set it up so we get the most bang for our buck.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Here is what were are doing in Salem... Let me know if you have any ideas to make it fun.

I am going to look at trying to set up a few indoor glow challenges also just for fun if people are down...

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/show...466#post130466

Comment

How about a good ol' fashioned game of H-O-R-S-E ?? Of course, choose a better word...

2 options:
                        one like how its done in basketball, one putter one shot. The first putter must make shot to put the other on the spot, if missed the choice of shot goes to the other person putting.

another with 2 putters, where the first person shoots twice from chosen location/shot style. The difference is that each miss, the first shooter is taking the chance of picking up a letter. I.E., first shooter missed 2, the second makes both --> 2 letters for the first shooter.

I prefer the second method as it makes for more action, and it makes for more careful choices by the first shooter. I also play with the rule that if both players make both shots, the shooter loses choice.

Both can be played with as many players as desired. I love this game...can you nail a 'no chain turbo putt!?!?!?'

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X