X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save riverside

RIVERSIDE PARK AND RIVER VALLEY BMX NEEDS YOUR HELP!
    PIERCE COUNTY PARKS MAY HAVE TO CLOSE RIVERSIDE PARK AND RIVER VALLEY BMX, DO TO PALS REQUIREMENTS!

THE CLOSURE OF THIS PARK ALSO INCLUDES RIVERSIDE DISC GOLF AND OTHER ACTITIVES WITHIN THE PARK!
    WE ARE NOT ASKING PEIRCE COUNTY FOR ANY MONEY OR HELP TO RE-OPEN RIVERSIDE PARK OR RIVER VALLEY BMX!
    PIERCE COUNTY IS HOLDING A PUBLIC MEETING! PLEASE COME SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO KEEP RIVERSIDE PARK AND RIVER VALLEY BMX OPEN! BRING THE KIDS, BRING EVERYONE!

THIS MEETING IS DO OR DIE FOR BMX IN PIERCE COUNTY!
    Public Meeting
    March 9th at 6:00 PM
    Lakewood Community Center
    9112 Lakewood Drive SW
    Lakewood, WA 98499
    (253) 798-4176

ONLINE PETITION
    WE HAVE ALSO CREATED ONLINE PETITION; PLEASE VISIT THE LINK BELOW TO SIGN IT!
    SAVE RIVERSIDE PARK AND RIVER VALLEY BMX
    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/saverivervalleybmx
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

What are "PALS requirements"?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Not sure what PALS is .The above post was a post I had by chance come across on craigslist so the info is not mine. I know that there is a portion of the land far behind the bike track which is almost 1000 feet from the disc course that is considered a wetland. The silt that builds up near the bike track from flooding has been moved into an area that whebn it rains the silt drains into the wetland. the army core of engineers came into the area and is forcing the county to shut down the park. I do not have all of the details but it would be nice if people would sign the petition and do what they can to make it to the meeting. I know a little about the situation from being about 2 minutes away from the course but I have not dealt with the state or the county first hand.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

If the USACE is involved, it looks like it might be "Provisionally Accredited Levees."
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

How'd it go?
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I hate to say it but I got stuck at work and wasnt able to make it. i have been working too many hours and havent been able to make it out to talk to anybody. i think i am the only player on the forums that frequent the course, i could be wrong. does anybody else know how it went?
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              I hate to say it but I got stuck at work and wasnt able to make it. i have been working too many hours and havent been able to make it out to talk to anybody. i think i am the only player on the forums that frequent the course, i could be wrong. does anybody else know how it went?
              http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...ry/661075.html

Sounds like there was a lot of local support for at least keeping the park temporarily opened/usable.

Looks like the county is pursuing a temporary solution: allow people to use the park until at least the fall (can play on the course, but you must leave your car outside the gate). Then they will decide on the overall fate of the park in the fall. Was out there this weekend--the course is actually looking pretty nice right now.
              TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

And I picked up some new smack talk: Pick up you lip!
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  And I picked up some new smack talk: Pick up you lip!
                  It definitely sounds like something a Canadian would use as a "put-down".
                  TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

It definitely sounds like something a Canadian would use as a "put-down".
                    Hey I find that offensive Eh...
                    "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X