Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took*

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
      I think it does relate to how you play. If you run everything you will likely hit an ace at some point in time. Placement and strategy lend to less aces. I am not saying this philosophy works for everyone I just tend to see a distinct difference in playing styles of those who hit a lot of aces and those who don't.
      I agree with this 100% (says the girl who's never had an ace). But in all seriousness, historically my train of thought has been to throw so that my disc will hyzer out right towards the basket. If I were to run at the basket and miss then I end up 30+ feet away and will most likely take a 3 because my putting sucks. BUT, as my putting has been getting better and better (or just less sucky) my goal this summer has been to be more aggressive with both upshots and drives knowing I still have a run at a decent putt. So, long story short, yes playing placement golf and strategy makes a big difference and I blame 10 years of conservative golf on my lack of an ace

Comment

6 months. I waited longer for #16. 2+ years from 15 to 16. 3 months later came 17.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It took me about 1 year for my first ace, but just 60 seconds to write my name, date, pdga number, and the size of my...disc...on that brand new basket.

Comment

first ace

I played for 20 years before I got my first ace on 1-10-10. That was at White river #15. I have since had three more one at Juel park #9, one at blythe #6, and one yesterday at Northwest college #9. I really like watching the get closer, closer ching!!!!

Comment

Couple years for the first one in 2009 and still waiting for number two.

Comment

...and I didn't actually even see the first one; hole 7 @ Orchard.

Comment

I've been playing disc golf for the past 8 years or so, 6 years competitively, hundreds of rounds at rockwood and vance and yet I STILL do not have a single ace, at least 10 chain outs, many more basket hits, nothing will stick...
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I hit my first ace at Hole #11 at Willamette Park with a flex forehand candy pro firebird one year into playing. Starting the summer of 2003, hit that ace in June of 2004. Interestingly it was also the first hole that I had ever birdied, about a few weeks into playing. I've always had a good memory, and certainly a mind that likes statistics, but for some reason I have forgotten a lot of the aces I have hit...every now and then I'll remember one and small wave of joy and nostalgia wash over me. I have kept track of all my tourney aces (9 in total) and I estimate over 45 aces in my career. I have been a bit light on the aces this year (no surprise considering the quantity of golf I've played this season). Perhaps 2013 will be an ace filled year!
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Yeah, but you didn't answer his question...

And I got your indirect message by the way, to which I reply: Smell yer Ma!
                      Of course it would be treelove to call me out. It was just over a year of playing.

I am curious as to what the perceived "indirect message" is but being that I trust treelove I went ahead and smelled my Ma anyway!

Comment

2.5 months tuesday tues baby hole #3 if that basket ever goes to auction I'm gettin that b***h oh overhand of course 175 star boss I miss that boss left at timber next to old hole one portapoty ahhhh

Comment

Took me about 14 years to hit my first one in April...at least I had good timing and did it during dubs which had a killer ace pot. Haven't had 2nd one, as others have said plenty of chains and baskets though. Had plenty of aces on object style/pin/tone holes over the years but I don't count those, baskets matter to me. As I always say, I've played way to long to look this bad.

good thread, I like reading about people's trials and tribulations in the world of aces...more enjoyable to me than those who have just nailed their 81st ace after playing for 7 months!
                          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

I got mine in week #3
                            Hoover #1 forehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                              I got mine in week #3
                              Hoover #1 forehand.
                              Talk about being hooked right away. I was addicted even after a few weeks of sucking pretty hard...this guy goes on and aces after three weeks...sheesh!
                              Team DISCRAFT
                              NW Sign Up
                              Gorilla Boy
                              Paragon Disc Golf
                              Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X