Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy got his first ace at Vance old hole 9 In a winter series I think I was there

Comment

13 years. Then I got my 2nd one about 8 months later. Witness on the first one, no witness on the 2nd, but if I was going to lie about it I would just say i've got about 40 of them. ( I also got a practice shot ace last spring when I threw my drive, then took out another disc I had recently bought and wanted to try out and i'll be damned if it didn't go in. But I don't count that as one of my "real" aces.) I come close all the time, but I guess i'm just not meant to ace much.
      Last edited by jeffmonty; October 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM.
      Basket thieves

Comment

1+ years playing
        No aces
        2 metals

Comment

went nearly three years until getting hole #3 at North Park

there's a youtube vid of Mike wagner hitting that same pin from the back tpad
          his looks a lot cooler...
          "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

My first two aces were at McIver in the original set up (which dates me quite a bit). Hole 3 followed by hole 4 (not the same round). My 2 favorite aces are Hole 13 in Anchorage Alaska (310' guarded by 2 fir trees...it was a line drive that went straight at the basket from the start and never went over 10' high) and a 335' ace at Willamette Park (in an Oregon Series) who's basket was out of view and had to be told it went in by the group ahead.

Comment

Typical DG Ace run !!! Now, how do I save par?
              Two Aces One on Vacation Coos Bay and one for $450 at Stelli old Pro 4 long
              rewindb.com

Comment

I threw for almost 1 year before my first Ace.

I now have 4 ~~ and one Lonely Ace (no witnesses)

Comment

for me it was about 6-8 months, but that was playing almost everyday. and in my book an ace is an ace, doesnt matter if anybody else sees it or not because im not trying to get aces to "prove myself" to anybody. for me getting an ace is all about Personal satisfaction, not about "did you see that?!" or " I have (blank) number of aces!!!" the only thing i like to brag about is that with my first ace, before i threw i turned to my wife and said "hold that thought while i throw a hole in one" then WANG! disc went in the basket!!! that was a great time!
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

"hold that thought while i throw a hole in one"

reminds me of a quote on a Big Sky Brewing Co. stamped Roc I have that says "Hold my beer and watch this."

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
                      reminds me of a quote on a Big Sky Brewing Co. stamped Roc I have that says "Hold my beer and watch this."
                      I'm used to this being the end result of somebody asking to hold their beer.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

I had played for nearly 5 years without an ace. The next 4 months: ace in New Orleans, ace in Albuquerque, ace in Flagstaff, ace in Medford, OR! The previous month I had my first chain out in Mobile, AL.
                        With that being said, there was a clear progression in my game. 1) Throw far enough/accurate enough to regularly reach the basket. 2) get lucky and hit chains, then get an ace. 3) Improved my game and learned that aces are not really the best DG shots. 4) Improved more and try to land near the basket, not fly by (duh). 5) Get pissed because I rarely ace anymore!!!!

first world problem: too good to ace? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by geo_ducks View Post
                          I had played for nearly 5 years without an ace. The next 4 months: ace in New Orleans, ace in Albuquerque, ace in Flagstaff, ace in Medford, OR! The previous month I had my first chain out in Mobile, AL.
                          With that being said, there was a clear progression in my game. 1) Throw far enough/accurate enough to regularly reach the basket. 2) get lucky and hit chains, then get an ace. 3) Improved my game and learned that aces are not really the best DG shots. 4) Improved more and try to land near the basket, not fly by (duh). 5) Get pissed because I rarely ace anymore!!!!

first world problem: too good to ace? Ha!
                          hahahahahaha! haha... ha... first world problem... hahaha!!!
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                            My first two aces were at McIver...
                            Yeah, but you didn't answer his question...

And I got your indirect message by the way, to which I reply: Smell yer Ma!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I got my 1st ace within a month of starting. I owned one yellow champion beast & I threw it in at Juel old hole 3 right in front of a lady on a horse who I elected not to wait for. Later that week I lost that disc across the creek.

I believe that was in 2006. Since then I've thrown zero aces. I've hit basket way too many times & solid chains plenty of times. Am I cursed by not waiting for the lady or losing the disc? Or was it the fact that I didn't give a dollar to the 1st ace I saw on a doubles card that same year (same hole Juel old 3)?

I have thrown some practice aces (multiple drives one hole) but those don't count. Solo aces should definitely count if your playing a no extra shots (scoring) round.

When will my next ace be?
                              Read this ^

Comment

It too me 6 years

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X