Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long was it Before....

You hit your FIRST ace?
    What I mean by that is how long had you been playing until you got your first 1?I searched and didnt see a similar thread, but if this is a repost my apologies.

SO LET'S HEAR IT! How long had you been playing before you aced?

We Slang To Bang!

8 months
    No Aces........yet!

Comment

I had been playing almost two years
      Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

I had an unwitnessed ace 5 months into playing. It took 3 years for me to get one that was witnessed.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

3rd time playing 2nd time on a basket course 185' with a raven that prob would have gone another 100' if the basket didnt get in the way...... at a random flip dubs i was 1st off the tee
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

**warning** thread drift ahead...

what is this nonsense (oh, sorry, am i being judgemental? ) about having to have witnesses or it doesn't count? or am i misunderstanding the belief system? is this something that a lot of folk cotton to because, frankly, it reeks of bull puckey (is that how you spell "puckey"?) to me... i play probably at least half my golf in zen golf solo mode... and if i got an ace it would be an ace & i would certainly count it as an ace and brag on it as such... this whole "witness" idea feels like... well, an accusation of dishonesty...

p.s. i'd been golfing for like 12 years before i got an ace on a basket... and like 14 before i got an ace on a basket that was longer than 55ft... lots and lots of aces on the pins at my home course in the years leading up to that... but an ace on a pin is sort of different...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I hit my first ace the 5th time i ever played # 18 - 184' @ Two Rivers . Hit my 2nd 2 yrs later .. been playing 3yrs
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

About 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  i'd been golfing for like 12 years before i got an ace on a basket... and like 14 before i got an ace on a basket that was longer than 55ft... lots and lots of aces on the pins at my home course in the years leading up to that... but an ace on a pin is sort of different...
                  That takes you out of the running for best golfer without an ace.

I hereby nominate Dan'l The Clanger Langer as "Best golfer without an ace." He has been playing like 8 years (or more?) without one and he is a damn fine hukker. So while we give him boatloads of crap I think this to be at least somewhat of an honor, right?

Comment

10 years playin. No ace yet. YET. "YET" Dammit.

One day....

I blame my conservative playing style. or something like that.

Comment

Didn't Jeff Sandy Elliott (PDGA #163) play something like 50 years before his first ace last year?....oh and he won the Memorial Championship this year too.....

Comment

I played about 5 years before my first. I have hit chains and come close. I still have not hit another since. I think it does relate to how you play. If you run everything you will likely hit an ace at some point in time. Placement and strategy lend to less aces. I am not saying this philosophy works for everyone I just tend to see a distinct difference in playing styles of those who hit a lot of aces and those who don't.
                        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

About a year.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                            I played about 5 years before my first. I have hit chains and come close. I still have not hit another since. I think it does relate to how you play. If you run everything you will likely hit an ace at some point in time. Placement and strategy lend to less aces. I am not saying this philosophy works for everyone I just tend to see a distinct difference in playing styles of those who hit a lot of aces and those who don't.
                            I definitely hear you there, I just see small distance holes and I couldnt imagine doing anything but going for the pin! I love to hear so much diversity in time played vs. 1st Acer!
                            Keep 'em coming!!! And by the way, NICE WORK on the aces everybody!!!!
                            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                              Didn't Jeff Sandy Elliott (PDGA #163) play something like 50 years before his first ace last year?....oh and he won the Memorial Championship this year too.....

yea but he didnt win the BSF....

he does make some damn fine baby backs though
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X