Disc Golf Store and Pub house Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disc Golf Store and Pub house

    I am in the developing stages of starting a new business dedicated to disc golfers. The business will be a disc golf retail store and public house situated in close proximity to an established and popular disc golf course. Sort of a "country club/pro-shop" for disc golfers. The concept would include a full retail store stocked with a large selection of discs and DG merchandise. Staffed by employees who are advanced (or better) level disc golfers. We would also have a small pub serving local/regional micro-brewed beers. The establishment would have a putting and driving range, outdoor seating (for summer), potentially an indoor putting green. We will be THE establishment that is all about disc golf. We care about the sport of disc golf and aim to provide our customers everything they need to enjoy the game, improve their skills, and come together in an establishment dedicated to the sport.

    I am curious if this sounds like an establishment that you, the disc golfer, would want to go to if it were in your area. If so, what would you want or expect to be a part of the business? Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.
    67
    This does not seem like a place I would want to go.
    0.00%
    0
    I might visit a couple times per year at most.
    11.94%
    8
    I could see myself going there maybe once per month or so.
    20.90%
    14
    I would likely stop by there whenever I am playing at the course.
    40.30%
    27
    I would likely visit about once a week.
    8.96%
    6
    Sounds like a place I'd go to as often as I possibly could!
    17.91%
    12

    The poll is expired.


  • #2
    The word beer caught my attention. In MY opinion. It is all about convenience and location. If you are in the PDX area, you probably couldn't do this on the WEST Side - high rent. For someone on the West side, easy access is important to me - close to I-5 or I-84 OR on a street on the way to a a major local golf course. I won't drive 20 to 40 blocks to get to a place in the middle of the east side grid. Within 5 to 10 blocks of a major freeway would be way cool.

    Comment


    • #3
      i assume you will be starting this business right down the park road from stub stewart, right? that will be perfect and i highly recommend that you serve tacos. tacos are my favorite...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        i assume you will be starting this business right down the park road from stub stewart, right? that will be perfect and i highly recommend that you serve tacos. tacos are my favorite...
        Carnitas please.

        Comment


        • #5
          A few ideas/ suggestions

          A really well put together mini(disc) golf course would be great while enjoying some cold beverages.
          Occasional Poker Tournaments would make me stop by even when the weather is not so nice.
          Some fun Putting/ Driving competitions when the weather is nicer.
          Maybe a free clinic or workshop once a month would help the attendance #'s
          Other fun recreational tailgating type activities like Corn Hole, Ladder Golf, Horseshoes, even Pool Tables.
          A Dye your own discs area, which will of course mean visitors would have to purchase a new disc at an elevated cost whcih would include the dyeing materials neccesary to complete and maybe a 15 minute video with instructional walk through followed up with a handout listing the steps again.
          Oh and location location location!

          My $0.02
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
            A really well put together mini(disc) golf course would be great while enjoying some cold beverages.
            Occasional Poker Tournaments would make me stop by even when the weather is not so nice.
            Some fun Putting/ Driving competitions when the weather is nicer.
            Maybe a free clinic or workshop once a month would help the attendance #'s
            Other fun recreational tailgating type activities like Corn Hole, Ladder Golf, Horseshoes, even Pool Tables.
            A Dye your own discs area, which will of course mean visitors would have to purchase a new disc at an elevated cost whcih would include the dyeing materials neccesary to complete and maybe a 15 minute video with instructional walk through followed up with a handout listing the steps again.
            Oh and location location location!

            My $0.02
            can we please just call it The Bean Bag Game?!???


            other than that, i think it's cool you made such thoughtful suggestions...






            oh, and yes... Bean Bag. lots and lots of Bean Bag.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm attracted to vendors who carry latitude 64 (GL) and Westside (T) discs. Most of my spare cash is spent in this direction.

              I also enjoy great food, and would make a lunch stop during the day if it was open.

              Good luck, starting a business is a big endeavor.
              PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353
              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                can we please just call it The Bean Bag Game?!???


                other than that, i think it's cool you made such thoughtful suggestions...






                oh, and yes... Bean Bag. lots and lots of Bean Bag.
                For what it's worth the game it's called Corn Hole because the bags are filled with corn kernels as opposed to beans and as the corn breaks down it creates a dust similar to rosin or chalk......anyways you throw the corn through the hole lol
                Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                  For what it's worth the game it's called Corn Hole because the bags are filled with corn kernels as opposed to beans and as the corn breaks down it creates a dust similar to rosin or chalk......anyways you throw the corn through the hole lol
                  HeHe. . . He said cornholio. . .HeHe...
                  Last edited by bstullis; October 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM. Reason: picture didn't transfer over

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think you might have something to work with. But I agree w/ Carlitos special events would help drive attendance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Lots of inventory is the key
                      easy to say, expensive to do
                      lots of times I will go to Olympic Discs just to pet a disc I have read about
                      I want to see how it feels.

                      Also get a scale, crazy I know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Keep in mind nobody wants to pay retail

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by quenyaistar View Post
                          Keep in mind nobody wants to pay retail
                          If I can walk into the store and pick out the exact disc
                          (Plastic type, color, and weight)
                          I will gladly pay full retail
                          Last edited by matt; October 20th, 2012, 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by matt View Post
                            If I can walk into the store and picked out the exact disc
                            ( Plastic color wieght)
                            I will gladly pay full retail
                            word.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah I have no problem spending a few extra bucks to get exactly what I want. Let alone get a few beers in me while picking out discs and end up spending more than I had orginaly planned on!

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X