Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    If I can walk into the store and picked out the exact disc
    ( Plastic color wieght)
    I will gladly pay full retail
    So that just means you will need a store full of PINK discs
    (Plus some glows maybe)

Comment

this idea is probably a dream we have all had at one time or another. Location would be very important to pull it off. If you are anywhere near being able to pull this off ,PLEASE DO!!!! That would be worth a drive. Some N.A. beer and/or coffe bar would be cool too. What course is the lucky recipient? Has anyone ever seen or been to a really cool,successful version of this idea? Ive heard there are a few in cali. My big dream would be a discgolf resort type thing similar to a hornings. On a lake or River would be ideal so there are other things for the family to do. Ive heard the campground at Mason Lake is being sold for 6.5 mill$. Anyone.......?

I am a high end woodworker who specializes in bar/restaurant interiors. I work for a large company with all the connections you may need for this type of endeavor. If you are serious keep in touch and go to www.specialtywoodmanufacturing.com
      and check us out. In the last year alone I have personally built 4 bars. 3 RAMS (Wilsonville OR, Federal way, and Marysville) and Silver City Brewery in Silverdale (near fairgrounds,bud pell,nad). GOOD LUCK and I hope you can do this.

Comment

and fix up the little summer rental cabins behind the restaurant." 10am shuttle leaving in 5 min!" a dab'l do ya.

Comment

i like the dye your own idea

Comment

Planning for Oregon or Washington?

Comment

Originally posted by quenyaistar View Post
              Keep in mind nobody wants to pay retail
              not entirely true. I'll pay 20$ anytime if you have the right disc.
              just carry a good selection, not some pre-set bundle BS. or just the popular discs.
              that would attract me.

Comment

It would be great to have a disc exchange to trade those that won't work for you for ones that won't work for someone else.

Since it's a for-profit biz, maybe one exchange for every $5 spent on product.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Some of the suggestions will certainly be included (like setting-up a mini course and I like the disc exchange idea!), I also want to try to grow our local club membership by providing discounts/specials to club members. I'd like to encourage more women to play the sport by running mixed doubles leagues and running clinics for women, as well as for teens and other new golfers. The goal would be to have the largest selection of discs available locally. My hope is that my prices can compete with on-line prices, but with the added benefit of convenience. I also want to include some sort of "try it before you buy it" deal so that folks can test out a disc before they commit to purchasing it.

This store is going to be located in Oregon in very close proximity to a very popular course. Please, keep throwing out any ideas you would want to see included as part of the experience from a disc golf store pub!

Comment

I also like the dye-your-own idea, but I'm not sure what that would require in terms of space and materials, but worth a look, maybe.

Comment

Dye-your-own would be fairly easy and cheap to implicate using youtube videos as instructionals, and assuming you will already have a computer and a printer. (bonus if you get an actual vinyl cutter/plotter http://www.bestblanks.com/graphtec.html). Beyond the computer and printer to print stencils, all you need is:
                      -vinyl (this can be had for free from 3M by requesting a trial, they gladly give out samples to disc dyers),
                      -transfer tape (lint rollers work great for this)
                      -RIT fabric dye. Theres about 50 colors but a basic red/blue/black/green/yellow works, and it is re-usable
                      -acetone for removing the stamp
                      -lightbox(https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CHsQ8wIwAA) and x-acto blades if you dont have a plotter (and lots of them, they lose their edge pretty quick)
                      -pie tins to do the actual dying in
                      -last but not least, some source of heat to heat the dye. it applies much quicker/better if its heated to about 150 degrees. Microwave or portable burner works.

also, a dedicated area for it all to be done in, because the acetone and RIT dye smell nasty, and its nearly impossible to not splash the dye around where you're working.

If you have any other questions about dying feel free to shoot me a message. Theres also a few people around that do this as a side job in their free time, perhaps you could sort of "rent out" a space for them to put on workshops. They benefits from the disc/dye sales, you benefit from beer and disc sales without having to invest in all the equipment.

EDIT: I just recalled I've actually seen this done before where a disc shop had rented out an old restaurant and used the kitchen space as the dyers workshop. Pretty cool actually, and if you took it up yourself it would be a great way to get some profit. A well done custom dyed disc can sell for $40.
                      Last edited by Michigan_Brian; November 1st, 2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I have tried to resist this but

DUH!!!

Beer Disc Golf now all you need is a dispensary license and you've covered the Tri Fecta!!!

Kinda like the perfect GF A Nymph who owns a Liquor store
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan_Brian View Post
                          Dye-your-own would be fairly easy and cheap to implicate using youtube videos as instructionals, and assuming you will already have a computer and a printer. (bonus if you get an actual vinyl cutter/plotter http://www.bestblanks.com/graphtec.html). Beyond the computer and printer to print stencils, all you need is:
                          -vinyl (this can be had for free from 3M by requesting a trial, they gladly give out samples to disc dyers),
                          -transfer tape (lint rollers work great for this)
                          -RIT fabric dye. Theres about 50 colors but a basic red/blue/black/green/yellow works, and it is re-usable
                          -acetone for removing the stamp
                          -lightbox(https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CHsQ8wIwAA) and x-acto blades if you dont have a plotter (and lots of them, they lose their edge pretty quick)
                          -pie tins to do the actual dying in
                          -last but not least, some source of heat to heat the dye. it applies much quicker/better if its heated to about 150 degrees. Microwave or portable burner works.

also, a dedicated area for it all to be done in, because the acetone and RIT dye smell nasty, and its nearly impossible to not splash the dye around where you're working.

If you have any other questions about dying feel free to shoot me a message. Theres also a few people around that do this as a side job in their free time, perhaps you could sort of "rent out" a space for them to put on workshops. They benefits from the disc/dye sales, you benefit from beer and disc sales without having to invest in all the equipment.

EDIT: I just recalled I've actually seen this done before where a disc shop had rented out an old restaurant and used the kitchen space as the dyers workshop. Pretty cool actually, and if you took it up yourself it would be a great way to get some profit. A well done custom dyed disc can sell for $40.
                          Thanks for the info, that will certainly be useful. I think I could fairly easily set something like this up under a covered area outside the store...well ventilated and worry-free spills!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post

Kinda like the perfect GF A Nymph who owns a Liquor store

^^^^^ This is... Awesome hahahaha
                            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X