Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's talk about glow golf

Do you, have you, do you want to, will you play
    in the dark

(Sorry can't search any info, i'm on my phone)

Oh I do...have been for years...the old Photon Glow is still the best...
    educate your thinking

Comment

Glow, Lunchtime, wintertime, I can't wait...
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Glow disc golf at Pier Park.

Park is open until midnight.

Good fun in the Wintertime!

Comment

They had glow at hornings when we were there for chick flick
          but I had never played, and didn't have any glow discs or lights

I have been reading the glow thread on DGCR and that's what got me thinking about it.

So in the last couple of weeks I bought a CFR glow sidewinder from the fall fling, and also picked up a glow Z buzzzz.

Most of my discs are CH or Z plastic so I could use lights on them.

What's it like to play in the woods in the dark (could we play at Shelton springs)?

Comment

Contact MCDG. I believe that the Course, and all of the City parks, close at dusk. I used to live across the street from City of Shelton's Callanan Park. The police would frequent the park at night and remove people from there. And, any "guerrilla" glow golf, organized or not, may be reflected poorly on the Club and the Course.

Comment

Use red LEDs and red flashlights so you don't blind everyone. Keeping your night vision really helps. Maybe it doesn't matter in the cities because there is so much light pollution anyway, but where I am, I don't want to see anything except red lights. I even prefer red glow sticks be used. It's something I learned on submarines when I was standing lookout watches. So, in the interest of national defense, use red lights.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by KG_MCDGC View Post
                Contact MCDG. I believe that the Course, and all of the City parks, close at dusk. I used to live across the street from City of Shelton's Callanan Park. The police would frequent the park at night and remove people from there. And, any "guerrilla" glow golf, organized or not, may be reflected poorly on the Club and the Course.
                This was more of a "type of terrain/course" question
                but that would need addressed before playing

Comment

Oh. And, yup.

Comment

Yep I have. Will must likely do it again.
                    Played Cascade and Woodmansee.

Comment

And for the glow plastics, hit up ebay for a scorpion flashlight...about 20 bucks and the UV backlights get Z glow plastic to a hot glow right away.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

I tossed the new glow discs in the back yard last night
                        and did notice the ch plastic was better than the z plastic when using my led flashlight to charge them
                        will one of the "uv lights" work better?
                        (Is that the same as a "black light"?)

Comment

Yes it is...you shouldn't need to put out more than say 20 bucks on ebay for a uv, and they take any glow plastic to its hot spot right away. For the newer plastics I've found I need to recharge more often than my vintage Photon plastic, but they are what you want if you're thinking of playing glow. I used lights for a few seasons, but tired of hitting something and seeing the lights flutter to the ground without my disc, so I went all glow plastic. I got lucky, Photon was still out there, and some might be still, but prices reflect its superiority and demand. I would also suggest using red lights to navigate the course, every time one of the group turns on white light, especially the newer high powered less flashlights you'll have to get used to the dark again. It's surprising how little white light really screws up your night vision. Hell we don't even waste time lighting baskets anymore, we know where they are. Pull the trigger on a uv scorpion flashlight, you won't be disappointed. And most important...enjoy. I love glo, I really slow things down and work on mechanics and it has helped my daylight delivery. Remember, if you can't see it...it doesn't exist.
                          'J'
                          educate your thinking

Comment

just tried to order a light through marshall st. but they had just sold the last one before i called

Comment

Just got back a glow roc (didn't realize it was glow, until I thought about)
                              From my brother, he's just starting also, hey give me back that roc I think its a glow!

I bought a uv 1 led light from cabelas for charging glow bait
                              I will have to find a bigger scorpion light later

Played with it in the back yard pretty cool

Now that im switching to magic putters I have an excuse to get a super glow

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X